PDA

View Full Version : WS-420 = Awesome

TayTay
03-26-2010, 10:17 AM
So I got my WS-420 in the mail and I got it installed Wednesday evening and that thing is awesome. It really lets you customize the sound of your stereo and dial it in just how you like it. If anybody is on the fence about getting one, go for it!

Fman
03-26-2010, 11:42 AM
So I got my WS-420 in the mail and I got it installed Wednesday evening and that thing is awesome. It really lets you customize the sound of your stereo and dial it in just how you like it. If anybody is on the fence about getting one, go for it!

Ditto that one, just has the WS-420/HSE installed, going to be awesome!

TayTay
03-26-2010, 12:11 PM
I was telling my buddy, when we were installing the WS-420, about the HSE. That thing seems pretty awesome. You should try to take some video when you are out and post it up for us to see it in action!

tg0824SSVGG
03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
I have one in the old boat and one in the new ... Don't think I will be without one

Fman
03-26-2010, 03:29 PM
I was telling my buddy, when we were installing the WS-420, about the HSE. That thing seems pretty awesome. You should try to take some video when you are out and post it up for us to see it in action!

Log onto there website they have a good demo of one being used:

http://www.hsetrident.com/html/rvc_info.html

EVERYONE who has one says its the next best thing to perfect pass.

Skylar18
03-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Got the WS-420 installed as well. It is awesome. Did not get an HSE....quite honestly didn't think about it. Oh well, put it on my list for next winter.

One thing I did do is put zones in the boat. The only thing my wife and I fight about on the boat is of course the volume of the speakers. She likes laying in the bow to sleep and I had to lower the volume of the interior speakers to such a level that I couldn't hear them when the boat was moving. Having the WS-420 to control the tower and interior speakers helps, but to prevent all arguments I put the bow speakers on their own zone with own volume control. So I actually have a quiet area up front if required while we can still jam in the back.

docdrs
03-26-2010, 05:36 PM
So you can control 3 separate zones with the ws-420?

jonyb
03-26-2010, 06:12 PM
You'd need a separate potentiometer for the 2-channels of the amp that powers the bow speakers. The PAC piece that everyone uses would be ideal. The 420 alone doesn't have that capability.

Skylar18
03-27-2010, 01:46 PM
That is correct.....I have a separate volume control for the bow speakers now. Not through the ws-420.