PDA

View Full Version : My 89 Comp TS6M

Eighty9Comp
03-28-2010, 11:08 PM
My Brother & I Just purchased this 89 Comp TS6M with 427 hours on it. Boat was meticulously maintained and we searched for a long time to find the right one!

We grew up on an 88 Comp and we decided while searching for a boat, a comp is truly what we wanted! The sleek euro late 80's design is so classic looking, with it's low stance & sports car feel... ready to drift around any hair-pin...

Anyway...check out a few pics. Found the boat on onlyinboards.com. Im located in downtown Madison wi (born & raised in Brainerd, MN) and the boat was in Salisbury, MO about an 8 hour drive..and after i spoke with the owner, we decided this was the one. When we arrived, we were a little leary, just from the setting, but the owner was just as he sounded, a 3o yr old, down to earth skier who absoutley was in love w/ his Supra and had to sell it due to a recent committment (wife) and an addition to the familty (child)...he bought an 04 Malibu.. didn't seemed too thrilled...?

As we drove away and started on our 8 hr journey back to MadTown, with no trailer lights and a beautiful supra connected to the Clade, all the seller could do was is wave goodbye to his sweetheart, with nothing to show for the 10 yrs of absolute Religous CARE except a 4" by 10" inch certified bank check...WoW did we make it out good on this Deal!!!

We put 5 hours on the boat this weekend!!! cant imagine how this guy managed to keep such low hours on this thing when we have 5 hours before april fools day....

dusty2221
03-28-2010, 11:46 PM
It looks clean alright! Great find!

TayTay
03-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Congrats on the new purchase!

Okie Boarder
03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Congrats! Definitely looks like it was well cared for.

jzelt
03-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Man, what a mistake he made...(Losing his Supra).

Good for you. Well worth the drive I am sure. I love towing, no matter how far if the boat is behind me. Means I'm goin' somewhere fun.

jasonba1
03-29-2010, 04:17 PM
awesome boat congrats man youll love it

Kip
03-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Looks great. Have fun racking up those hours.

87SunSportMikeyD
03-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Great story thanks for sharing!

Eighty9Comp
03-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks All!

Yes...we are just so excited to have found this thing in such good shape!

Thanks Guys and have a great spring on the water! Supposed to be in the mid 70's on Friday here in Madison and well.. it's good Friday so we got the day off and will be on the lake all day... after a quick round of golf that is...

Later~

87SunSportMikeyD
03-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Are you serious you are gonna put her in you lucky dawg! It's 74 today in mnpls I am gonna start her up in the driveway.

DGREEN
04-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Sweet Comp! That's a super clean boat you've got yourself there! I gotta say all you lucky folks with weather in the 70's! Take it in and enjoy, cause it is gonna be 48 and super stormy in Seattle tomorrow! Just dreaming of boating around here....