JohnnyH
03-30-2010, 03:41 PM
sorry That was to my 22ssv

csuggs
03-30-2010, 04:09 PM
niiiiiiiccccee! ;)

OneCent
03-30-2010, 04:27 PM
can you just switch the Bags? And where do you store the surfboards?

JohnnyH
03-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Yup, replaced one of the rear 400lb with the front 650lb and bought a new front 1180lb. Got the surf wake dialed in at 10.2 mph with wake plate at 5%.
Store the surf boards on the tower racks.

JohnnyH
03-30-2010, 05:06 PM
can't wait to get some people in the boat. That surf pic was with 1/4 tank of fuel and 2 people in the boat including the driver

87SunSportMikeyD
03-30-2010, 05:36 PM
lookin good, stack that weight! More picsssss

tg0824SSVGG
03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
I store my surf board on top of the Z5 cargo rack ...

ScottnAz
03-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Yup, replaced one of the rear 400lb with the front 650lb and bought a new front 1180lb. Got the surf wake dialed in at 10.2 mph with wake plate at 5%.
Store the surf boards on the tower racks.

Looking good!
Now get some fittings and a tsunami pump to fill that 400lb bag for the surf side rear

RanceOU
03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Damn straight!!! we have 80 degree weather coming this weekend so i will be getting some time on the water myself. I just realized that I can’t change out the front sac like i thought i could, damn changes to the 09 launch. Back to the drawing board for the surf wake.

JohnnyH
03-31-2010, 10:23 AM
hey scott, can i just put that 400 bag on top of the 650 i have back there on the surf side???

ScottnAz
03-31-2010, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't put it directly on top of the 650, I'd fill the bag so it's half on the sun pad, half on the seat. As you add more weight, play around with your speed and wakeplate settings. We usually surf between 10.7-11.2, depending on how much weight is in the boat, and the wake plate is between 25-50% down. Additional weight will obviously make the wave taller, and the higher speed will make the pocket longer because it's planing the boat out a little more. What year is your boat?

Here's a picture to show my bag placement

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/surferview.jpg

JohnnyH
03-31-2010, 11:14 AM
hey Scott, Can i just put that extra 400 bag on top of the 650 that i put in the back???

JohnnyH
03-31-2010, 11:16 AM
got ya, Thanks my 22ssv is a 2008 . Your wake is sweeettt dude

ScottnAz
03-31-2010, 11:20 AM
I'd worry if you put the added weight of the 400 directly on top of the 650 it would force water out of the bottom bag.

ssmith
03-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Here's a quote from Jason at Wakemakers...

"You would need to put a VERY large sac on top of the factory one in order to develop enough pressure to force water out of the bottom of the bag (where the drain pump is attached) and through the drain fitting in the side of the boat. So there's really no risk to doing that, it's mainly just the convenience issue of having one larger bag connected to your factory system for automated filling and draining vs. having to manually fill a bag after your factory system is done filling."

JohnnyH
03-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Anyone know if you can remove the quick disconnect fittings on the stock ballast bags. I heard these fittings are glued in place. To turn this spare 400 bag into portable ballast, I will need to install different fittings to use a Tsumai pump. Right?

ScottnAz
03-31-2010, 03:15 PM
I've read about heating them up with a hair dryer to loosen the glue. Haven't tried it though. Another option may be to just add a very short piece of hose from the stock fitting to new fitting. Probably wouldn't be the prettiest, but would serve it's purpose.

ssmith
03-31-2010, 04:51 PM
I know I sound like a PITA but another quote from Wakemakers....

"Please DO NOT use a heat gun to try to remove the fittings from your bag, you will ruin the flange and destroy the bag.

If anyone wants to remove cemented fittings from their bags give us a call and we'll walk you through the process. I'd hate for someone to trash a bag trying to get the fittings out."

Don't hate me, I'm just passing info along to hopefully help you out.

ScottnAz
03-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Well, I guess I'll just shut the F up now.
Atleast Johnny HAS a ballast system right now.

Surf on!

tg0824SSVGG
03-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Dang Scott - you ever take water in off that back corner? looks like it's barely out of hte water! Wake itself must be a MONSTER!

ScottnAz
03-31-2010, 10:49 PM
Dang Scott - you ever take water in off that back corner? looks like it's barely out of hte water! Wake itself must be a MONSTER!
Don't know for certain, but the bilge sure seems to run a lot while we're surfing ;) I think the wave is pretty dialed in and clean, but the only other wave I've surfed behind is an 04' Mastercraft x-30 that didn't have near the length or height. Fun, nonetheless....

jet
04-01-2010, 09:00 AM
That wake should be bigger and cleaner than that?? Make sure no one in the boat is on the passenger side and add more weight. Jet

87SunSportMikeyD
04-01-2010, 09:35 AM
ssmith thanks for passing on those tips, any info from Jason at wm is welcome!

I stacked sacs all the time last summer. I had a 650lb sac on the bottom and a 400 right on top. No problems. This is with a Simer system so the water isn't going anywhere. I like to have a hand valve on my floor sac too just for safety.

I prefer to first load up the back of the boat, then put a little in the bow to lengthen the pocket as oppossed to speeding up. Sometimes, though, both are needed.

Can't help it - here's the 87 SS wave again. You guys with the big boats should be puttin me to shame! :)

http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/3508/medium/660532.jpg
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/3486/medium/wDCP_6353.jpg

jet
04-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Hey Mikey..those engine cup holders are know for heating up a beer in a min or two. heres a good diy to fix that. buy the big thick koosies and open your engine cover and glue them to the under side of the plastic cup holders and that will keep the heat off of them better. i might even wrap foil around them. Jet

ssmith
04-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Well, I guess I'll just shut the F up now.

This is the response you get to trying to help people out:confused:

Mikey,

No Problem. Glad to provide input when I can.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-02-2010, 09:58 AM
ssmith I think he was just kidding, because he tried to help out too, but then Jason@WM provided some professional tips. It's happened to me too and I hate thinking I gave 'wrong' info. Thanks for passing it on, it is appreciated. :) :p

ScottnAz
04-02-2010, 11:29 AM
ssmith I think he was just kidding, because he tried to help out too, but then Jason@WM provided some professional tips. It's happened to me too and I hate thinking I gave 'wrong' info. Thanks for passing it on, it is appreciated. :) :p
I don't think I gave the slightest bit of 'wrong' info. I can sit on a full rear sac and force water out the side of the boat, (I'm carrying a freshman 10, but certainly not 400 lbs), or maybe there's something wrong with my drain pumps and it's time to look in to replacing them, or maybe I fill the bags too much and it's already adding pressure to the pump, I don't know. It doesn't change the fact that, that's not where I'd put the sac anyway.

And, as I stated before
I've read about heating them up with a hair dryer to loosen the glue. Haven't tried it though. So, obviously someone has succeeded in doing this. I'd certainly try it, and I highly doubt anyone with any sense of diy skills is going to get out a blow torch and try to melt the fitting off, or the bag for that matter. It would only take half a brain to realize you'd need to be CAREFUL.

Scottie, thanks for passing on the recommendations from Jason. Even if they are "professionals", I, personally, do not view Jason and/or wakemakers as Marshall law and all knowing in the industry, so, I'm not planning on bowing down to them anytime soon. I'm sure Jason and I have a little beef going right now since I've been bashing them about their CS @ wakemakers, so I really took it bad when you posted "quotes" from Jason, and made statements like "don't hate me", and "I know I sound like a PITA". It really felt like a back handed and sneaky way for them to use you to post, instead of posting up with his recommendations. Last I checked, he was a member of this community?
Anyway, now I'll just shut the F up :D:D

Any Mikey, that's a great looking wave! Especially for a DD

jet
04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Hey Mikey, did you see my post on the koosies? Jet

ssmith
04-02-2010, 01:33 PM
ScottnAz,

I can promise you that I have no affiliation with wakemakers. I was simply quoting replies they had made on this forum to provide some info to the topic at hand. My statements were made because it seemed as tho all the info I was posting was going against your statements and I didn't want to seem like a jerk. I was just trying to help. Hopefully you ger your issues resolved with WM's. I've bought from them in the past with no issues but I have read of a lot of complaints lately.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Woah sorry I thought I was trying to clear the air and lessen tension, it doesn't like like that worked and sorry if it sounded like I was trying to put words in anyones mouth. We all do things different and I wouldn't judge for it; however I do want be informed as much as possible and I welcome opinions.

JET I thought I replied already but I think my post never went through. As far as I know those engine coozies dont get warm on mine - I will double check though. I think mine are positioned over the doghouse glovebox and not directly over the engine. Mine doghouse hood is insulated quite a bit too. I will look though and THANKS for the sugesstion!