PDA

View Full Version : OUR ICE IS GONE!!!! Yay!

tg0824SSVGG
03-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Today, for the first time since end of October, when I drove past my reservoir
on the way home - the ice is TOTALLY GONE!

The water is still probably 33, and they haven't opened the lake yet, but I
expect that any time now - and my CRAZY wife will want to be out there in
her drysuit.

We go to Havasu in 2 weeks - that may be our actual first time in the water
with our boat this season, but ....

Yippee!!

78 degrees today - supposed to snow on Saturday - it's just nuts here
this time of year.

RanceOU
03-30-2010, 09:51 PM
This winter has been crazy, My cousin from Glenwood springs is flying out to TN the end of April to get a set in with me. There is always good weather somwhere in the US and if it happens to be TN the invite is open!

Fman
03-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Todd, your wife is awesome! It was 70+ degrees last week and my wife still thought it was a little cold to go out! Unfortunately it has been raining this week again and getting chilly.... maybe next week!!! I even have heated seats in the boat now!!!

iwakeboard
03-30-2010, 11:15 PM
This winter has been crazy, My cousin from Glenwood springs is flying out to TN the end of April to get a set in with me. There is always good weather somwhere in the US and if it happens to be TN the invite is open!

Rance, seen our weather this week? 82 on Friday :D I'll be out there.

87SunSportMikeyD
03-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Out smaller lakes are icefree too! Unreal!

Super jealous of your Hav triP!!!!

tg0824SSVGG
03-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Never been there before ... (Havasu) - a bunch of us are going together - 8 boats and about 50 people. I am not sure there will be much sleep.

:o)

RanceOU
03-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Rance, seen our weather this week? 82 on Friday :D I'll be out there.

I know that is awesome! I am getting off work at noon Friday and will probably be heading to the lake myself. I will Saturday for sure.

iwakeboard
03-31-2010, 01:57 PM
I work 4-10's so I'm always off on Fridays, can't wait! I'll be at the boat in the morning doing some cleaning and fixing my nav light (replaced the standard light with an LED light but I can't crimp a wire to save my life) then I'll be heading out hopefully around noonish, maybe I'll see you out!

RanceOU
04-01-2010, 08:10 AM
I work 4-10's so I'm always off on Fridays, can't wait! I'll be at the boat in the morning doing some cleaning and fixing my nav light (replaced the standard light with an LED light but I can't crimp a wire to save my life) then I'll be heading out hopefully around noonish, maybe I'll see you out!

Just found out we are off all day Friday, It is hard to get used to office life after working in the field on job sites for so long. I am going to finish my board set up (bindings/wetsuit) this evening or Friday morning and head to the lake. Are you putting in on Telico over at lenoir City? Sent PM

equity space
04-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Lake Havasu rocks!

beast 496
04-30-2010, 09:12 PM
What lake are you on in Colorado? I lived out west quite a while ago. First moved to Sterling area, boated on Sterling res. then moved to Grand Lake and boated on Grand lake, Shaddow Mountaing Res. and Grandby Res. I miss the mountains but it was tough making a living there. Al

tg0824SSVGG
04-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Horsetooth Res -- west of Fort Collins.