PDA

View Full Version : Sad, Sad day. Please pray for me.

cmtaylor777
03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Well, I got a stab to the heart Yesterday.

If anyone can remember, I had a problem with my Manifolds slightly cracking over the winter. I am pretty convinced it was due to a very sh*tty shop I took it to. Can't prove anything so I will move on. The shop agreed to repair the manifolds with JB Weld and life would be good. WRONG!

I took my girl out for a test run just to make sure she was up to snuff. About 1/2 a mile or so I lifted up the motor cover to find my nightmare. Forgive me for not knowing the names of the parts on the motor, but there is a hose that is plugged into the top of one of my valve covers. This hose was blown off, I'm assuming due to pressure or heat, (was only running around 180 degrees) and was blowing oil all over the inside of my motor cover. If that isn't enough, the oil was a milky cream color. Water is somehow leaking into the motor. I am sure this is all related to the freeze damage that occurred while at the boat shop.

Needless to say, I am in a state of depression. I dropped the boat off with Brandon at Water Ski Boats Dallas Yesterday in hopes that he can do CPR or something. Brandon was cool as could be and I'm sure he will treat her good.

I need your good vibes and prayers boys. I am a soldier down but I'm not out.

dusty2221
03-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Damn son! No dad wants to see his baby like that!! Hopefully WSBD will take good care of you. Make sure and keep us updated on the findings.

I'll think good thoughts for you.

ScottnAz
03-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Good luck, and keep us posted

Okie Boarder
03-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Done. Keep us posted.

iwakeboard
03-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Sucks to hear that man! I had the oil/water mix coming out of a carb once on an old I/O, like a dagger through the heart, I know how you feel! Best of luck and sending one up for ya.

docdrs
03-31-2010, 07:45 PM
that just plain sucks, hope fully its no worse than cracked exhuast and intake mani's

michael hunter
03-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Check with your insurance company and see if you have freeze coverage.
Is the shop that has it now the same shop that caused the freeze damage?
I hope things go well for you.

mlew253
03-31-2010, 11:59 PM
Taylor that sucks. You should check with your insurance company. It might surprise you on what they cover. Good Luck

jet
04-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Dude..you going to be ready for memorial weekend? that sounds bad!!

87SunSportMikeyD
04-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Very sorry to hear about the problem. Wishing for the best.

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 10:43 AM
You need to get that thing ready and fixed for memorial day!

cmtaylor777
04-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm going to give it hell to get there. Spot is reserved. Now we will see how long it all takes. If its not done I may just come up and hang out. Hopefully I won't sob all over yalls boats.

Brandon called me today and gave me the bad news. CRACKED BLOCK. I'm heart broken. Going to need a new motor. He is sending me pics and I will post them as soon as I get them.

I put a call in to the insurance company and put in a claim. I pray it works out.

cmtaylor777
04-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Michael,

No it will never see that shop again. Let this be a lesson to everyone. Check up on the places you trust with your baby. These guys were an actual Sanger dealer so I figured they were ok.

Nothing but the Supra dealer from now on.

With that said, Brandon at Waterski Boats Dallas has been very cool. I would refer anyone there.

csuggs
04-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Look at the bright side - you're gonna have a new motor. :rolleyes:

ZR409, anyone?

http://pcmengines.com/engines_zr.php

Okie Boarder
04-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Sad, but like Clint said, you'll have a new motor.

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 01:55 PM
If it's not done, I'd venture to say make sure and bring your boards for memorial day. I'm sure you'll find a ride all weekend....

cmtaylor777
04-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Hope it will be. If the insurance comes through I will have them start asap.

I will be there on Mem. day. Hell, I can bring the dogs and hang out with you guys.

Okie Boarder
04-01-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm really sorry for ya man!

I emailed my insurance agent and asked about freeze protection. I never really thought about that one. She has never been asked either and is investigating for me.

cmtaylor777
04-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Here are some pics of the carnage.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/vanessarb/P3300004.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/vanessarb/P3300005.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/vanessarb/P3300006.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/vanessarb/P33000072.jpg

cmtaylor777
04-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks Oakie.

I'm curious to see if this is something I can pressure and get them to cover. Anyone out there had any dealings with this sort of thing?

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 03:42 PM
For what it's worth, I work for Allstate. I've never heard of a company covering due to freeze...but I see something new everyday. It's worth a shot..

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Update to the last post-

I just called my "go-to" for claims questions, and I also found in the boat policy (at least Allstate's policy) that damage due to ice or freezing is exlcuded. Sorry to break it to ya, but she said most liekly your adjuster will deny the claim. She suggested to gather all your proof of winterization from the original shop and go after them.

Sorry Chad.

cmtaylor777
04-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Just got off the phone with the adjuster at Safeco and they will pay up to 500. Not really going to put a dent in the bill though.

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
$500 is better than nothing. Consider yourself lucky. Is it $500 minus your deductible or $500 total to you?

cmtaylor777
04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Not sure. Would suck if it was minus the deductible being that it is 500 as well.

Mani
04-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Well, I got a stab to the heart Yesterday.

If anyone can remember, I had a problem with my Manifolds slightly cracking over the winter. I am pretty convinced it was due to a very sh*tty shop I took it to. Can't prove anything so I will move on. The shop agreed to repair the manifolds with JB Weld and life would be good. WRONG!

I took my girl out for a test run just to make sure she was up to snuff. About 1/2 a mile or so I lifted up the motor cover to find my nightmare. Forgive me for not knowing the names of the parts on the motor, but there is a hose that is plugged into the top of one of my valve covers. This hose was blown off, I'm assuming due to pressure or heat, (was only running around 180 degrees) and was blowing oil all over the inside of my motor cover. If that isn't enough, the oil was a milky cream color. Water is somehow leaking into the motor. I am sure this is all related to the freeze damage that occurred while at the boat shop.

Needless to say, I am in a state of depression. I dropped the boat off with Brandon at Water Ski Boats Dallas Yesterday in hopes that he can do CPR or something. Brandon was cool as could be and I'm sure he will treat her good.

I need your good vibes and prayers boys. I am a soldier down but I'm not out.

Damn, that sucks. Do you mind relating the name of the shop. You can PM if you don't want to mention it on here. I live in Plano, and want to make sure to stay away, as I am still shopping for a full time close by boat mechanic.

I hope all goes well.

cmtaylor777
04-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Mani

Sent Pm

DAFF
04-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Go after the shop who performed the winterized the boat. Simpily show them the pictures and ask them why my block cracked when it was winterized by them.... Tell them to set the situation right or you will proceed with legal proceedings. They have insurance (liability) to cover issues like this.

If they give you a brush off then send them three estimates through registered mail. Still no intrest then get the lawyers involved. Remember you have given them more than ample options to set the situation right. The court system (judge) will be on your side, for you have proven the damaged engine was from the neglect of the witerization. I hope you still have the recipt or proof of work!!!! Make sure you keep good records of the work lots of pics and keep the broken stuff.

cmtaylor777
04-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Daff

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I am going to head in that direction. I have everything documented and I am going to start the attack.

Hope it works. Any suggestions from anyone out there would be great.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-05-2010, 11:18 AM
A laywer will take 33% of winnings standard and it should not go to court. The laywer makes some calls/letters and they settle like 90% of time out of court.

TayTay
04-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Sometimes just a letter from a lawyer will scare them a little bit and they will fix it. Another thing you can do if you do sue them is ask the judge for you legal fees to be paid by them as well. That way there is really no money out of your pocket. Depending on how much spring/summer ie any trips you planned or stuff like that, you could ask for punitive damages maybe. I am not a lawyer, just have one in the family. Good Luck!

cmtaylor777
04-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks Tay,

I will try all of that as well.

Trust me....This sucks.

zalamander
04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
I guess the only negative thing would be if the same shop insists on fixing the problem themselves, in-house. I don't know if I would want them near my boat after this debacle. I am sorry to hear about your situation, and wish you the best!

cmtaylor777
04-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks zala,

I contacted a lawyer and he is sending them a letter. We will see if that works.

Even if they offered to do all the work for free...They wouldn't come close to touching my baby ever again.

They are complete jackasses!!

cmtaylor777
04-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks Ngav

I hope so. If not...I learned a good lesson. Always know your mechanics. Doesn't matter if it is an actual boat dealer. Must be sure you know they will do a good job.
With that said....Water ski Boats Dallas has really taken care of me. I have said this before but Brandon over there has really been pretty cool. Would recommend anyone to them.

MoeS
06-13-2011, 04:45 PM
How did this turn out?

cmtaylor777
06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
How did this turn out?

Well.... boat is all fixed. I had to eat the costs of repairs. Guess nobody is responsible for the work they do now days.

michael hunter
06-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Boat US insurance does have freeze insurance. I have had it for years. They only insure boats and are very knowledgeable about them . Their rates are very competitive. The dealer that did this wont do anything? Take them to small claims court no lawyer needed there is no way you will loose.

cmtaylor777
06-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Boat US insurance does have freeze insurance. I have had it for years. They only insure boats and are very knowledgeable about them . Their rates are very competitive. The dealer that did this wont do anything? Take them to small claims court no lawyer needed there is no way you will loose.

Yea. Did that and lost. Judge basically said, I couldn't prove that it wasn't already cracked. Not really sure how anyone could prove that.

docdrs
06-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Yea. Did that and lost. Judge basically said, I couldn't prove that it wasn't already cracked. Not really sure how anyone could prove that.

Did they change the oil, its part of winterization? A knowing mechanic would know if the block was cracked when he removed the old oil?.......milky.......and should have informed the owner at that time.

michael hunter
06-14-2011, 11:14 AM
It was a working engine all year and then they winterized it now it has a cracked block. I would think that was proof enough. I guess the only thing you can do now is tell your story on all the forums. That way you may prevent someone else to wind up like you. If you would have read about this dealer you probably would have never brought it there.

jet
06-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah! Not sure who you are using now as a mechanic, he must be really good to get you through all of the cold weather and snow we had this last winter. Why dont you shout out to him and let everyone know how great he is.

cmtaylor777
06-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah! Not sure who you are using now as a mechanic, he must be really good to get you through all of the cold weather and snow we had this last winter. Why dont you shout out to him and let everyone know how great he is.

Hmmmmmm. Not sure I would call him a mechanic. He basically just started pulling everything he could see off the motor and then stated " well....lets see if we have any issues next year." Not sure what kind of idiot would say that to a man that just replaced his motor the previous year. This is the same doufus that said he knows how to replace packing for the packing nut but wasn't sure where the packing rope went. Jet you claim to know what you are doing but you are no different that I was at age twelve. " I think I will take this thing apart and see what happens???" I am real curious to see how your boat floats when you put it back together. I will be watching from my boat holding a spare life jacket for you.

jet
06-14-2011, 02:13 PM
LMAO....that engine is runnin though right!! lol

dusty2221
06-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Chad, you just keep that baby "in gear", ha, jet can keep runnin his mouth till he falls off the back!

Seabeejamie
06-14-2011, 03:17 PM
I bought my boat from the dealer in Lewisville...ole Marty McFly himself....no complaints on them whatsoever....

jsandy
06-14-2011, 04:31 PM
is his name real Marty Mcfly cause that is awsome if so

jet
06-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Dont be haten on the mechanic..lol

Seabeejamie
06-14-2011, 07:35 PM
He's either the owner or the GM...I think the owner. His name is on my sales contract! great place though...laid back, werent high pressure...then again, I was buying a used boat too. it's a 2002 launch SS, bought it in 2006.

iwakeboard
06-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Chad, PM'd ya.