PDA

View Full Version : 2k9 21V Launch vs 2k9 SSV Worlds

venom93corba
03-31-2010, 11:02 PM
Hey guys I was taking my boat in for some work and the dealer had an 2k9 ssv worlds which got me drooling. What are the main differences between the launch and the ssv? I see the seating, but what about the hull, ballast ect.

Diggs
03-31-2010, 11:26 PM
the difference bedtween the worlds 21v and 22ssv should just be the hull. the rest of the options are just part of the worlds package

venom93corba
03-31-2010, 11:29 PM
Does it have the new jabsco ballast or the 08 set up?

87SunSportMikeyD
04-01-2010, 09:45 AM
You mean the length right diggs? I'm no expert but I thought the hull shape was identical, just scaled larger??? Is that not correct and if not I would love to learn more about the different hull shapes.

thescott
04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
All the 09's should have the same ballast system. I can't think of why an 09 (worlds edition or not) would have the '08 ballast system :confused:

I am not sure, but I thought there was quite a difference between the 21v and 22v hulls. I really don't know.
I have an 08 22SSV (not the worlds edition). Love the seating layout. Love the wake, but can't compare to a 21v as I've never ridden behind one. The 22 is a little touchy with side to side weight distribution so you have to pay attention to how you have your crew distributed in the boat to keep the wake even. Not sure if that's also the case w/ the 21v or not?

Option wise, Diggs has it right. Pretty similar, just some extra bells/whistles included in the worlds package.
Check out the 09's in the boat archive on this site.
http://www.supraboats.com/archive/#
should give you an idea of the diff options.

2009 Worlds Edition Series
Custom Worlds Wrap Graphic
Black Powder Coated Tower Accessories
Upgraded Stereo, Speakers and Amp
Driver's Seat Slide and Swivel
Upgraded Swivel Board Racks
Custom Worlds Trailer

venom93corba
04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
I wasnt sure because if you look at both the 22 sunsport and the 22v judging by their pictures they still have the old ld hull design. Look at the pictures on the site. The hulls look different and the 22's dont have the cut outs for the handrails in the play pen yet but all the 21's do.

Diggs
04-01-2010, 12:24 PM
21V hull and 22SSV hulls are totally different design. All 09' Supra's should have the new Jabsco ballast set up to to my understanding. Take them both out and see what one lives and works better for your needs.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Sorry i dont wanna be confusing, i should probably stop posting.... Are we talking about the top half of the boat with new grabrails????? Or the HULL the bottom of the boat and the hull design?? They look like the same hull to me. The paintjob is different, the rub rail is different, the bow is a lil different, and the transom is different but everything below the waterline looks the same to me. But again I could be wrong and I dont wanna piss anybody off!
21v
https://forum.supraboats.com/picture.php?albumid=127&pictureid=808
22v
https://forum.supraboats.com/picture.php?albumid=127&pictureid=809

docdrs
04-01-2010, 01:06 PM
The hulls are totally different!

the 21v has a much higher freeboard, the bow entry angle is close to 45 degrees the steepest in the industry, .......this is all good for not getting water over the bow of your boat

the worlds has the 340 cat and huge stereo upgrade and z5 cargo and awesome trailer

main diff as i see them....i got the 21v because of length shorter and tired of worrying about and avoiding burrying the nose. got it with the worlds for above reasons

just my .02

87SunSportMikeyD
04-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I see the bow is different and that is a great improvement on an already-great deep vee. But the paint job on the 21v goes much further down the side of the hull and the paint makes it look like a bigger boat imo. OK i'm gonna stop because I don't get to see them in person or have one :)

venom93corba
04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I was just stating that you see a difference in the hull itself and maybe the way to differentiate between the to could be the handrails. Anyways Im goin to pick up my boat tomorrow and Im taking the wife so were gonna talk to the salesman. : D