PDA

View Full Version : Supra, one bad idea ...

KG's Supra24
04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
So after my first weekend in the new (to me) Supra have come to a conclusion. OVERRATED!!! This thing is terrible from normal boating, to pulling wakeboarder, and the surf, ha, it cant even make a surf wake!!!

I should have went with the Bu i was looking at. Far better quality and not to mention how much better of a WAKE boat it is. The Supra is WEAK.

Trying to dump this thing fast if any of you, blinded by a good deal, supra fans are looking for a boat, make an offer ... I need a real boat by summer.

Also, needless to say, the koozie thing is off.

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 11:59 AM
:) :) :)

Maybe you will feel differently on another day. :)

Okie Boarder
04-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Man, sorry to hear that. I haven't heard many complaints like that about Supra's. I'll gladly come take it off your hands if you don't want it. ;-)

Diggs
04-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Sounds like you might need help weighting your boat right if that is the case. Unless you are kidding. Let us know what you are doing and what your issues were and maybe people can chime in and help you out.

Diggs
04-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Oh yeah and I will buy it cheap from you!!! :)

87SunSportMikeyD
04-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Looks like a crappy choppy day. Good luck getting a good wake when it sucks out like that. No surf wave? good luck getting a bu to surf like a deep vee Supra. How did u have it set up?

edit i got suckered, but my $7000 boat still kicks ass.

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Mikey, look at the calendar date.....:)

Mani
04-01-2010, 12:36 PM
You gotta be kidding me...how did you not see that one coming? :D

Fman
04-01-2010, 12:40 PM
So after my first weekend in the new (to me) Supra have come to a conclusion. OVERRATED!!! This thing is terrible from normal boating, to pulling wakeboarder, and the surf, ha, it cant even make a surf wake!!!

I should have went with the Bu i was looking at. Far better quality and not to mention how much better of a WAKE boat it is. The Supra is WEAK.

Trying to dump this thing fast if any of you, blinded by a good deal, supra fans are looking for a boat, make an offer ... I need a real boat by summer.

Also, needless to say, the koozie thing is off.

Are you kidding us? What year is your 24 ssv? If you dont have the 750 rear bags, then start there first. For surfing make sure and only fill one side, start with the just the rear 750 and then add some weight to the front playpen sack. Speed should be right around 10-11mph, wakeplate about 1/2 up. Your boat will make as good or better of a surfwake as a BU or any other 24' boat.

If you have an '08 or older the ballast fill will be extremely slow, would highly recommend you change to the JABSCO pumps or Tsunami pumps, this will make a big difference in fill times.

You would be one of the few that I have ever heard of being disappointed with a 24 SSV wake quality.

RanceOU
04-01-2010, 12:41 PM
LMAO, nice one! If you believe this type in www.google.com and check out googles new name (for the day). One of the best april fools joke ever! Dont believe it "Topeka it"!!

87SunSportMikeyD
04-01-2010, 01:14 PM
damnit i am a dumbass hehehe at least i'm not the only one! And yes I was confused by google this morning too

Diggs
04-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Man totally got me too. Shows how stupid I am....
I arrived at work today and realized the date and told myself I would not let anyone pull anything over on me cause I was prepared for an April Fools trick and when he posted it, I thought to myself this must be a joke, but maybe he is serious and still never thought about April Fools again.....
Good one. You got me and probably many others too!!!!!! Damn I hate April Fools....

87SunSportMikeyD
04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
what's worse getting mad or get tricked into getting mad while looking dumb! heheheh

KG's Supra24
04-01-2010, 01:36 PM
yall have made my morning!! I was literally checking every 10 minutes. Wasn't sure if it would work after dustys quick reply. Thanks for being passive about dusty (at least the first time).

I LOVE my boat. Even though I wasn't sure it would work I figures hell it's a good excuse to show off some pics.

Fman, deep breath, I was filling a 750 and the 1100 in front full. Should I have the front full? I am adding a 400 on top of the 750 next time out. When we added prob 300-400 on the nonsurf it seemed to help. The wake is great, just not dialed in, and since you brought it up figured I'd ask about the bow weight.

Once again .. I love my supra and couldn't be more excited about this summer!!! Just love a good joke ..

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Ha, I couldn't leave everyone in tears or getting all worked up!

JohnnyH
04-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Dude, Thats wrong. I was getting ready to open a can #%#$%#$#

Nice boat. you will love it more after you really get it dialed in

csuggs
04-01-2010, 02:25 PM
yall have made my morning!! I was literally checking every 10 minutes. Wasn't sure if it would work after dustys quick reply. Thanks for being passive about dusty (at least the first time).

I LOVE my boat. Even though I wasn't sure it would work I figures hell it's a good excuse to show off some pics.

Fman, deep breath, I was filling a 750 and the 1100 in front full. Should I have the front full? I am adding a 400 on top of the 750 next time out. When we added prob 300-400 on the nonsurf it seemed to help. The wake is great, just not dialed in, and since you brought it up figured I'd ask about the bow weight.

Once again .. I love my supra and couldn't be more excited about this summer!!! Just love a good joke ..

Good One!!! I've been watching this and wondering if it was real or not. LOL!

iwakeboard
04-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Hahaha good stuff

Okie Boarder
04-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Nice! I swore I wasn't gonna get fooled today.

scotthons
04-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I read that this morning and got a little worried seeing how I just bought a Supra about a month ago and have yet to get it on the water. Had me wondering if I made a mistake.

Gravity08
04-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I started to get hacked off about 12:15 while I was eating lunch. I stopped eating for a minute then realized that it was the 1st. Good one.

KG's Supra24
04-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Dusty, you were right ... I do feel better today!!!

The supra was a perfect choice! Guess the koozie deal is back on too.

Fman
04-02-2010, 11:55 AM

Ahhh, that is too damn funny, guess I should pay attention to the date! I am glad you are enjoying your Supra! I have to admit, I was a little stunned.... I kept thinking... how could you not like a 24 SSV?????

I have heard on the 24's, 600-800 is plenty in the bow, but you will have to confirm that with someone with a 24.....