PDA

View Full Version : Exquisite Vinyl Cleaner

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 12:23 PM
As suggested by a few people, I bought the exquisite cleaner last week. This weekend, Ash (my wife) spent 4 hours straight cleaning the entire inside of the boat. We bought this boat thinking it was "sooooo clean" Now we know how dirty it was. Our vinyl looks flawless. Like it's never even been sat on.

I highly suggest this product. I have one regret, and that's that I did not by the Concentrate version to mix up a gallon of it. I will without a doubt be ordering the gallon jug and mixing it myself so I will always have it on hand. I bought off of ebay and did the "Best Offer" on the kit which has the sprayer, rag, and brush for $8.95 and they accepted it. This was the price for the Wakeworld buy last year.

Again, if you need a good vinyl cleaner, get it! Tonight I will be waxing the boat with Nautical Ease and finishing everything off with the 303 UV Protectant.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Glad you liked it! The lady is really nice and likes to support the wake scene. Make sure you get a good deal! :)

tg0824SSVGG
04-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Dusty,

I also use Nautical Ease for the outside.

I use Babe's on the vinyl, but saw something from someone here about how much
cleaner the vinyl was after exquisite ... and I think it's actually made in the town
next to where I work.

I have ordered some Exquisite from: http://stores.ebay.com/Ace-Detail-Supplies

Todd

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Todd, I bought the Nautical Ease based on your recomendation.

It better deliver! lol.

tg0824SSVGG
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Doh! ...

Matt Laird
04-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I just recieved the exquisit last night, was a lot more than I expected... The package not the price.. I got 2 brushes a rag & 2 big bottles of solvent... basicly 2x what i ordered... which is awesome... Gonna get it cleaned Maybe next week...

scotthons
04-01-2010, 03:47 PM
I received the bottle, towel and brush last week. I can't wait to give a try when I get her out of storage at the lake in a couple of weeks. The vinyl could use a good cleaning.

dusty2221
04-01-2010, 03:57 PM
You really rub it with the brush, it's amazing. One spot we lightly brushed, then did it again really firm and it made a great difference in how much it cleaned. If you dont have a blister on your hand from the brush when you are done with the whole thing, it's not clean enough!

Matt Laird
04-01-2010, 04:13 PM
I got 2 brushes, I better get some help... I'm not too much into manual labor... I'll prob just get me an orbital and tie strap the brush to it... Arrr Arrr Arrr

87SunSportMikeyD
04-02-2010, 09:44 AM
hahaha good plan! Can't believe all the orders that one thread must have generated lol!

tg0824SSVGG
04-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Probably not as many as when the same basic thread popped up on WakeWorld ... she must love the web ;)

ScottnAz
04-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Don't forget to follow up with UV protection.

Here's a quote from Susan, when she posted in this thread over on WW
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695420&highlight=exquisite

By the way the Exquisite cleaner does not have any uv protection. Boat vinyl and stitching has uv protection built in when it is made, however there are lots of products that are out there that will break down that uv protection so it doesn't hurt to use a protectant such as 303 but DO NOT use any vinyl protectant like armor all or the like that has silicone it it which will degrade the surface of your vinyl over time.

tg0824SSVGG
04-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks Scott - I intend to continue to use the Babe's Seat Saver product that I always
have after cleaning. This product is a UV protectant, but I guess not everyone probably knew about that comment from SUsan.

ScottnAz
04-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Yea, I'm using the babe's for UV protection as well. I've used 303 in the past, but it just left too much of a slippery film on the seats for my liking. Maybe I didn't wipe it off enough, who knows.
My first ride after the 303, my feet were slipping around on the surf board like I was walking on ice. I had to stop and scrub my feet and board with the clean and soft lake water

dusty2221
04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I noticed last night, after I used the 303, everything was slick. I've got a 3yo, the last thing I need is a slick platform!

87SunSportMikeyD
04-02-2010, 02:49 PM
I kinda liked the slickness hehehe thanks for Susan's post and I will keep that info in mind. Might have to finally try babes.

DGREEN
04-03-2010, 12:35 AM
Wow this stuff sounds great, I better order some, my vinyl could use a good spring clean. This forum is great! So much good info.

chautauquasun
04-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Will it remove mildew stains from old vinyl. My vinyl is in pretty good shape but it has mildew stains on them that seem to be pretty tough to get out. I have used Star-brite mildew remover and it works okay but doesnt take it all out. Will this cleaner do a better job?

inair
10-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Any body know if Ace is still in business? I ordered some exquisite from them early last week. Now a week later, they have not acknowledged my order. Paypal says that the payment is authorized but no word from Ace. I really wanted to get started cleaning for my winterization project. Maybe I will have to go with another product? Anybody else experience this?

wotan2525
10-03-2011, 02:00 PM
I emailed them about a month ago and never heard back. I think I'll probably go with the Malco product this time. It's the same price online but there's a local distributor that will give me a discount on it (and deliver for free!)