PDA

View Full Version : Wake help

Kallenc
04-05-2010, 02:23 PM
I just got my boat. 2007 supra 22v. I am having trouble gettingvthe wake to break right. My set up is 600 lbs in the front and each back locker has 600lbs as well for a total of 1800. The wake is completely white. The sac in the front locker doesn't fill up all of the way because of space constrictions. I have tried only filling the front sac and not the back two but that didn't help the wake. The trim tab is set on 35%. It is in wakeboard mode and kdw is set to 180. Any suggestions?

H2Oman
04-05-2010, 11:44 PM
What is your speed and line length?

Gravity08
04-05-2010, 11:51 PM
When we have people in the boat we ride empty or maybe a little on one side or the other to level the boat. I believe the trim is set about 50%. 20-24 mph defending on rider. The rope is 75'. It is enough wake for tower height air. I know that I don't have the same boat but maybe that will help

Kallenc
04-05-2010, 11:57 PM
I have tried from 19 mph to 26. Rope length doesn't matter with the way the wake is. It is white from start to finish. But the rope we use is about 65 ft.

thescott
04-06-2010, 06:53 PM
How many people do you have in the boat when you have this trouble? do you have a ton of stereo equipment? Are you running any additional hard weight (lead/steel)?
I've got an 0822SSV. We run the stock ballast full and generally have 6-8 people in the boat as well. Granted I'm running the stock 650 front and 400 rears vs your 600's, but still...those who ride in my crew vary from 21 - 24 mph and at those speeds the wake is nothing but clean.
I've had the bags full and 10 adults ranging from 140-200#'s in my boat and not had an issue with the wake not being clean at 22-24mph, much less 26.

The part I really don't get is how you could have just the front filled w/ the rears empty and not get a clean wake.

Maybe your speedo/perfect pass is out of wack and your going a lot slower than its telling you?

Sorry, not trying to sound like I'm calling BS or anything. I guess I'm not much help :confused:

Take a look at this post and scroll down a bit to phenom_1819's post-
https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3993&page=2

phenom_1819 has an 07 22v that looks to throw an amazing wake w/ 2200#'s plus people. Maybe he can provide some good insight into tweaking your wake?

Kallenc
04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Maybe I should try to weight the front even more. What do people use for lead weights? Also I guess I should calibrate my speedometer and perfect what is the best way to do that.

dusty2221
04-07-2010, 01:56 PM
You can check to see how accurate the PP and speedometer are if you have an iphone. Get on the app store and download "speedometer" It uses GPS signal and will tell you how fast you are actually moving. I just calibrated my speedometer with it this weekend, the speedometer app was dead on with what my perfect pass said, but I had to adjust the reg. speedo. If you can't do that, a handheld gps will also work. There is a knob under the driver helm that you adjust it by. Check this out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/dusty2221/speedadjust.jpg

Mine only has one knob, even though it shows two

thescott
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Speed calibration for the 07 and up models (well, 07-09) is different than above since they have the newer helm station. I've never done it myself, but here's the link to the 2007 helm station user guide that explains the process.

http://www.supraboats.com/library/downloads/Supra_Helm_Station.pdf

Lead weights...I don't have any myself. There are still folks in my crew that prefer to ride with NO weight, so water weight is the best option for me. There's a company called pop products that sells it.
http://www.pop-products.com/products/
I've never used this co. and have no affiliation. But I've heard good things from people who have.

I've also heard that people will go to indoor shooting ranges or ma and pop tire shops and can usually get lead in bulk for little or nothing. Then you have to find some way to store it in special bags or containers.

As far as additional wt up front, maybe that will help. But it's weird that with just the front full you still can't get a clean wake. If you are going to add more up front, maybe look into the integrated bow sac from fly high. That's what phenom_1819 said he uses in his 07 22v.

Skylar18
04-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I would second what thescott says. 26 mph with any weight configuration should be clean or at lease one side of it at the most should be dirty. I have a 2007 Sunsport and I am clean at anything over 19 as long as I get my weighting configuartion right with ballast and moving people around.

I am guessing your speed calibration is messed up.

Kallenc
04-28-2010, 01:50 PM
The speedometer was off about 7-8 miles an hour. I finally got to fruit out this weekend. My iPhone app said at 30mph by the boat I was actually doing 23.

wotan2525
04-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Glad you got it figured out! I was going to ask if you were riding in really shallow water -- sometimes this doesn't let the wake "break" like it needs to.