PDA

View Full Version : de-winterizing a boat

sidetracked3
04-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Ok, I am new to boats and have not actually had this boat in the water yet. I bought it in December and never had the chance to take it out. They winterized the boat before delivery but how hard is it to de-winterize the boat? What all do I need to do? Can someone help me out b/c it has been 80-85 lately and I am READY to get it out on the water. Thanks

By the way it is a 2008 Supra sunsport 22v

docdrs
04-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Ok, trip breakers and install batteries, install block plugs do not cross threads and install knock sensors. Connect exhaust maifold drains. Connect J tube,and heater hoses. connect impeller hoses,install impeller and impeller cover(ky jelly on impeller eases entry), connect vdrive hoses install water strainer make sure rubber gasket is there, check tranny, vdrive and oil levels, install boat drain/bilge plugs, install muffler drain plug, check spark plug tightness. Then fire it up check for water flow thru strainer and watch temp,volt and oil presure gauges for proper values.

sidetracked3
04-06-2010, 03:08 PM
well that is more than I thought. I might have to find someone that can show me all this before I just jump in and try it. Thanks for the info though.

tg0824SSVGG
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
(make sure the bilge plug is IN)

docdrs
04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
It really isn't a lot. hooking the battery connections up took the longest as there are so many of them. and getting the motor drain plugs in as one hole was slightly rusted....next fall i will reinsert them with some antisieze instead of leaving them out. I just covered everything, it all depends what was done when it was winterized. its just the reverse of winterization use that thread w pics as a guide to familiarize yourself with where everything is. I left out the muffler drain plug ,but i reinstall after draining not sure what the shops do.