PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Pump Replacement

mb21v05
04-06-2010, 11:54 PM
I have an '05 Launch 21V and my left ballast pump went bad. I need to replace the pump and I am looking for an OEM pump. Any recommendations? Is this difficult to replace?

Matt Laird
04-07-2010, 10:02 AM
You should make a classified ad.. Lots of people are swaping out for upgraded pumps... Bet you could score one cheap

dusty2221
04-07-2010, 10:11 AM
You sure the pump went bad and it's not a blown fuse? Check under the driver helm and you should see a small fuse panel that has 3 5amp fuses and 3 3 amp fuses. The 5 amps are for the drains, the 3 amps are for the fills. My drains were blown and nothing would work. Quick fix, I'd check that before buying a new pump.

Fman
04-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I have an '05 Launch 21V and my left ballast pump went bad. I need to replace the pump and I am looking for an OEM pump. Any recommendations? Is this difficult to replace?

The stock drain pumps are located inside the engine compartment in the rear of the boat, follow your drain line. In my '08 you can remove the panel to make it easier to access. Its a little tough to get to but not to bad to replace. Your stock pump is a RULE 750 GPH, you can also use the Tsunami 800 which I think is a better pump and will give you a little better drain times. The Tsunami's run about $30, but as others have mentioned check your fuses first. They are located under the dash area.

Another option which I did was relocate the drain pumps directly off the bags, this makes it super easy to replace them and also takes them out of the heated engine compartment. You also get better draining results with it being attached to the bags.

jzelt
04-07-2010, 11:56 AM
I swapped the pumps to verify mine was bad. Then searched online and found replacements.