PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a couple friends...

Okie Boarder
04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Please keep a couple of our friends in your thoughts and prayers.

Our friend Holly (really good friend of my wife) is in the hospital in ICU. She went in with some stomach issues and found certain portions of her instestines, colon, etc. were essentially dead. I guess she has a somewhat unlikely condition of having unattached "parts". They got twisted and bound and the blood circulation was cut off. She has been through two surgeries since Friday night and is not totally out of the woods.

Another friend, Shea, has been diagnosed with cancer and is going through chemo. The doctors have told her if it gets to any major organs, it's game over. The cancer she has is apparently very aggressive. Her son has a condition that requires blood transfusions every other month. Many of our friends have given blood for their son.

I appreciate thoughts and prayers and sure they will too.

Thanks!

dusty2221
04-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Wow, they will be in my thoughts for sure.

jasonba1
04-07-2010, 02:08 PM
defintly consider it done I will pray for them now for sure

Okie Boarder
04-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Please pray for Holly's family and her friends, including my wife. She was getting better and they were putting in a trach today. Something went wrong and they rushed her off to emergency surgery. She didn't make it. My wife is really having a hard time and I can't begin to imagine how Holly's kids and her husband are doing. We know she is with the Lord in Heaven, but she will be missed by everyone that loves her.

dusty2221
04-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Sorry to hear Okie. RIP Holly.

Matt Laird
04-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Man thats tough, they will be in our prayers...

jasonba1
04-20-2010, 05:02 PM
so sorry okie I will pray for you and all families involved

zalamander
04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
So sorry to hear... they are in our thoughts & prayers.

mapleleaf
04-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Definitley in our thoughts and prayers uphere Okie....

Kip
04-20-2010, 10:01 PM
We will keep her family in our prayers. Thanks for sharing this opportunity to lift them up.

saltare inverts
04-20-2010, 10:07 PM
In my families thoughts and prayers also.

Mani
04-20-2010, 11:23 PM
My condolences, Okie. They're in my prayers.

cmtaylor777
04-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Will include in our prayers.

sybrmike
04-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Definitely in our thoughts - best wishes for them all...

Okie Boarder
04-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks all.

My wife is really struggling...lots of crying and missing her friend. They were good friends.

My older son is having a tough time too. Holly is the mom of one of his friends. He doesn't understand it and it really torn up. He keeps saying "It's not fair that my friend has to grow up without his Mommy". It's breaking our heart.

It's tough losing someone young like this. It really is hard to understand God's timing with our lives and why He decides to take someone so young and bring them home to Him.

Okie Boarder
04-21-2010, 04:56 PM
By the way, we found out that when she was getting the trach she started bleeding and they couldn't stop it. Her lungs filled up and her blood pressure plumeted. They were unable to revive her after working on her for 45 minutes.

Okie Boarder
05-05-2010, 04:38 PM
A couple interesting things as follow ups.

The day of the service we also celebrated my wife's birthday. We had a party of 11 at one of my wife's favorite restaurants. Our close friends joined us for a great celebration. We toasted to Holly. I also toasted to the great friends we have and the great wife I am blessed with. I guess it was pretty touching...most of the ladies teared up. I think my wife appreciated it and felt like it was a nice ending to the day.

The autopsy results came in for Holly and they said the lung issues she had would have probably kept her from surviving anyway. I think my wife said she had ARDS. It was some sort of respiratory issue, whatever it was. The lungs showed evidence that they would not have survived. That could be why she had so much trouble every time they tried to take her off the respirator.

It's definitely been a hard thing for those close to Holly. My wife and a bunch of other friends are taking turns taking them dinners for a little while. The husband is hanging in there but having a tough time. He really misses "His girl" and is at a loss as to how to continue on without her.