PDA

View Full Version : 105 amp alternator in 86 ts6m wiring ?s

tad2lo
04-08-2010, 12:06 PM
I have an 86 ts6m with the factory 51 amp alternator. I ordered a new 105 amp alt from dbelectrical, 3-wire. It was a hell of a lot cheaper than the kit PCM/skidim sells. The only problem I have now is the wiring. I still have the old 40 amp circuit breaker at the back of my engine. I know that I have to beef up my wire gauge to handle the load which is no biggie. The problem is where I have to install the 100 amp fuse that comes with their $310 kit and change some wiring to that circuit breaker to keep it functioning properly. Contacted Anthony at Supra, he sent me to Vince at skidim, who sent me to Mark at PCM. Mark was less than helpful and only told me to basically send my new alt back and order their kit through skidim. He did let it slip that I would need to use the 100 amp fuse. Anyone have the right wiring setup for this upgrade by any chance?

jasonba1
04-08-2010, 01:29 PM
this probably doesnt help you but I upgraded my 92 comp with a 55 amp alt to a 90 amp alt and didnt change a thing and it worked fine

tad2lo
04-08-2010, 01:40 PM
yeah, i'm just going by what Supra, Skidim, and PCM are saying. i tried to get the schmematic from skidim for the kit they sell but they won't come off it due to liability if some moron had no clue what they were doing and fried their boat. i figure i'll see what info i can get from everyone on here and then journey to the supra dealer here for their help if nothing pans out.