PDA

View Full Version : BASIC MAINTENCE QUESTIONS + found water in the pump after winter is over

dshaff24
04-10-2010, 01:14 AM
First and foremost, When I found a port on the U below the Big Water pump that I forgot to drain the water out! I pulled the u tube out and Id say at least a liter of water drained out before the pink antifreeze! Think Ill be okay? All the rest of the ports had pink antifreeze come out, Hell it took 3 gallon of it!!

Next I read on the motor the other day about it requiring LEADED GAS, Those days been over so I was thinking does it actaully effect the motor by running unleaded?

Changing oil, Anybody actaully have a method with out dumping the oil into the bilge?

Water pump impeller - I pulled that lil pump and pulled the impeller to find out it looks like new, Rubber is in new shape and all the fins look great so I don't feel I need to replace it since Im guessing it was just replaced b4 I bought it!

Best spark plug for these OLD 351's?

Water hoses and fuel hose Is there a difference between auto and marine? Im replacing all fuel lines and water hoses and planned on just going to the local parts store but then I thought Id ask first

michael hunter
04-10-2010, 11:09 AM
There are 5 plugs that have to be drained for winter on top of that remove the hoses from the trans cooler. I always remove the impeller for storage . That Way I can inspect it and it doesn't have tho be folded over for 8 months.

The unleaded fuel will be fine for your engine

There should be a hose connected to the oil pan. That hose is passed through the center bilge drain to allow the oil to be removed from under the boat. Some people use a oil extractor to remove the oil from the dipstick tube.

The recommended spark plugs are Motorcraft BRF3M or Autolite BTF3M. I recommend Skidim for parts they carry original PCM and are very knowledgeable about your engine.

The hoses used on you boat are marine hoses talk to Skidim for the correct hoses.

Okie Boarder
04-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I would second using DIM. I get most of my stuff from them and they are very knowledgable.