PDA

View Full Version : Forum Ideas....

DAFF
04-10-2010, 09:54 AM
I have been a member of the Supra forum only for a few weeeks but think it would be nice to have a few more catagories... For instance there are some really detailed threads on stringer rebuilds and such on the older pre 92 Supra line up. Also others have great safety ideas but they get lost within the rebuilds section.

Please do not take this the wrong way... I am trully subribed to the Supra forum and love the daily reads. It is mainly responsible for the recent spark of intrest in my TS6M, for untill now I didn't have the resouces necessary to rebuild it myself. It has been sitting in the corner since 94.....

All I know is that there is a wealth of knowledge on this site. I have learned more in the last few weeks on the Supra line up than in the last 20 years!!!! My only wish is to have more subcatagories in some areas so valuable information won't get lost in the pages and pages of priceless info.

Most of all thanks to all the long term members, without you my boat would be still sitting in the corner.. slowly rotting to death!!!!!

michael hunter
04-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Daff
There have been numerous stringer rebuilds posted Okie Boarder has one going now. Use the search key at the top of the page to seek out specific threads. Make sure you post you boat rebuild and give a little back for someone else. Good Luck

DAFF
04-10-2010, 11:26 AM
I am aware of the search button.

What I was trying to comment on was the lack of sub catagories.... Why is there just one repair section???? Why not have sub sections like stringer repair, paint, towers, sound.....ect

Just my thoughts....

ScottnAz
04-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I agree DAFF,
As this forum grows, I think it'd be good to add additional categories and/or reorganize some of the information. In regards to service/repair, there could be two categories, one for service/repair/rebuilds of the classics with wood stringers and such, and a separate service/repair for the newer boats

tg0824SSVGG
04-10-2010, 01:50 PM
I am working on this guys -- at this time, I can't create the groups, but I can
get them done.

Give me some ideas ... Can't say how much will happen, and we don't want
to go nuts:

(please be specific, such as: )

Repair

Stringers
Ballast

DAFF
04-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Perhaps making the sub catagories very basic for now and in time make them more detailed. This way the moderators can move stuff into the new catagories in stages. In time the forum will grow and get more detailed in the areas where it needs to be. This might be a good start....

Repair/discussion:

Body, interiors and paint
Structural
Mechanicial
Electricial
Aftermarket performance and add ons

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:D

docdrs
04-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Perhaps making the sub catagories very basic for now and in time make them more detailed. This way the moderators can move stuff into the new catagories in stages. In time the forum will grow and get more detailed in the areas where it needs to be. This might be a good start....

Repair/discussion:

Body, interiors and paint
Structural
Mechanicial
Electricial
Aftermarket performance and add ons

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:D

Stringer Repair/Rebuild
Motor/Steering Repair/Rebuild
Body/Interior Repair/Rebuild

we have mods already, I definitely see a need for pre mid 90's which these should cover

saltare inverts
04-10-2010, 11:06 PM
I recomend a category for pictures of ladys in swimsuits. Just saying.

ScottnAz
04-10-2010, 11:11 PM
I recomend a category for pictures of ladys in swimsuits. Just saying.

Boat Bun Category...... http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/smiles_26.gif

tg0824SSVGG
04-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Ah how an idea devolves. ... I was afraid of this.

Here is some more info. I have to provide a list of the desired new categories (no, I won't put a boat bun category in, sorry) to the admin.

He will create them for us.

BUT -- "I" don't have the time to research all the things to move around. You all
would have to make recommendations to the moderators about which threads
you want to see in the new categories. I would be happy to move the ones
you want, but it could be a lot of work to scan all the threads to "re-arrange".

Keep the list coming - but please, keep it serious and keep it clean, or I will
drop my interest in helping. Just so you're aware, I am here thru Tuesday this week,
then off to Lake Havasu thru next Sunday --- so spend the time building your
list of categories soon ....

Todd

DAFF
04-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Stringer Repair/Rebuild
Motor/Steering Repair/Rebuild
Body/Interior Repair/Rebuild

we have mods already, I definitely see a need for pre mid 90's which these should cover

Looks good to me for it is only three more sub catagories but much easyer to find specicific stuff.

Has anyone given any thought to a catagory just for safety??? Many new items out there and small changes in boating habits can really make a difference. Here in Ontario you must pass a boating course and get a pleasure craft operators card before you can drive the open water. Perhaps a simple sticky with a check list and what to do in cast of .....

jet
04-11-2010, 06:12 PM
I disagree!! Xtra categories thin out the number of people reading and waiting to respond. I belong to nicoclub.com forum for my Nissan and Infinity and they have SO MANY/TO MANY categories like, suspension, performance, tuning, brakes, interior, modification, general, convertible, forced induction..you get it?? Theres more Im just tired of typing. But this thins the crowd out so much that when you need a response it can take 24-36 hrs instead of 5-20 mins. Also reading everyone's crap makes you read stuff and learn stuff that you wouldn't go to a thread to read. So my vote is no! just look at the numbers of this sites other categories and see how low the numbers are. my .02 cents..which is really worth a lot more now days. lol Jet

TayTay
04-11-2010, 07:35 PM
I am feeling both the pro's and con's about the idea. I do agree with Jet that too many categories thins out the readers and responses, but at the same time I think it would be nice to have more categorization. I just dont know what I would like better! Either way I'll just go with the flow.

tg0824SSVGG
04-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Jet - I agree, but I also understand that we have several categories of users wanting info on here.

I don't want 50 groups, no way - but if we have a couple to allow things like the stringer repair, and the other things that will get lost in the mess, but newcomers with older boats
might like to find, it makes it easier.

I think simple is best, we can start with a few extra categories, and see what happens,
how does that sound?

Todd