PDA

View Full Version : Exquisite -- holy moly

tg0824SSVGG
04-10-2010, 03:26 PM
All this time, I thought I was keeping my vinyl pretty darn clean.

Everyone has been raving about this cleaner, here and over on WakeWorld BBS.

Imagine my shock at learning just how dirty it really was:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs493.snc3/26926_1414635731062_1387647550_1119168_235522_n.jp g

ScottnAz
04-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Shocking, isn't it?
I, too, thought I was keeping a clean boat, only to be embarrassed at how dirty it actually was.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo2-8.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo-15.jpg

tg0824SSVGG
04-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Crazy, isn't it Scott -- now when you see the 2 halves, you wonder how you ever
thought the "dirty side" was clean ... but I have only done the back deck so far - the rest still looks good, at least it does until I get on it with the cleaner!

ScottnAz
04-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Definitely have to set aside a good part of the day to do the entire boat, but it's worth it. Now we just need to figure out who all these dirty animals are that we've been allowing on our boats. I can easily identify 2 on my boat....1 is 6, and the other is 15 :D

thescott
04-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Where did you guys get that stuff?

ScottnAz
04-10-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm going to bombard you with a few links, but basically, you can get it from Susan at Ace Distributing: [email protected]
Mention Wakeworld and/or Supra forums, and she'll pass on a little discount, otherwise you can get it through her ebay store. http://stores.ebay.com/Ace-Detail-Supplies

Here's more information and a few threads about the cleaner:
https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=6116
http://wakeboatworld.com/reviews/vinyl-cleaner-showdown
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695420&highlight=exquisite

Fman
04-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Can you use this on the new syntec vinyl ('08 and newer)? I heard some of the more aggressive cleaners will strip all the protectant out of the vinyl? Not sure if this is true, but have heard others mention it.

tg0824SSVGG
04-11-2010, 08:56 AM
The lady that sells this stuff delivered it to me the other day - we had a long talk
about cleaners. She cleans vinyl and leather for a living and swears by this one, and
says that it's the best - and conditions the vinyl. She said, whatever you do - please
don't do the magic eraser that so many people are - THAT for sure strips
the vinyl of all the built-in protectant, she said it was like SANDING the vinyl.
She also talked about using bleach and how it will remove the built-in to newer vinyl UV protectant. She also advised against using any silicone based protectant, as it also has a negative effect on the vinyl over time.

She seemed genuinely concerned about satisfaction and using the best product,
as she does this for a living. I also don't think this is an "aggressive" cleaner.

From her site: (I pcolored text in to highlight it)

Our vinyl/upholstery cleaning kit includes a 22oz. spray bottle full of our Exquisite Boat Care-Vinyl/Upholstery Cleaner, a brush for cleaning the upholstery and a microfiber towel. Exquisite Boat Care's Vinyl/Upholstery Cleaner is specially formulated for use on boat vinyl, carpet, plastic, etc. It deep cleans your boat interior while lightly conditioning. It is strong enough to clean very dirty seats and remove stains that most other cleaners will not and gentle enough to use for regular maintenance cleaning keeping your boat vinyl soft and moisturized to prevent vinyl cracking.

As a technician in the upholstery cleaning and repair industry I personally have used this cleaner for the past 10 years, and it has been used by other professionals in this industry for over 20 years. I have tried most boat vinyl & upholstery cleaners on the market and nothing compares to Exquisite Boat Care's Vinyl/Upholstery Cleaner. The difference is that most cleaners on the market are chemical based which strips your boat upholstery of vital moisture and Exquisite Boat Care's Vinyl/Upholstery cleaner is a water based cleaner which cleans without damaging the vinyl or upholstery.

In addition to doing an incredible job cleaning boat interiors, it also does an excellent job on leather and hard plastic. You can use it on auto interiors, as well as on leather furniture and vinyl covered chairs, booths, etc.

You could go on ebay and ask her that question.

Fman
04-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Todd,

Did you get the conditioner as well? Or does the cleaner also condition the vinyl? I think I am going to order a bottle, looks the concentrated version is the best bang for the buck.

tg0824SSVGG
04-11-2010, 01:28 PM
All I bought was the Exquisite - claims to be a conditioner too -- but I still have a bunch of the good smelling babes that I will use after cleaning!

I bought the small spray bottle and the concentrate -- the small one comes with
a nice detailing brush and a small towel.

BUT - I didn't have to pay shipping, as she was coming very near to where I work
so she just dropped it off for me -- we had a nice chat.

Todd

Chachi
04-11-2010, 04:41 PM
That stuff seems to work awesome! My vinyl is from 1993 and looks pretty clean. I wonder if this stuff would make it look new again. I have some of the seats in for re upholstry right now so hoopefully I can get the older seats to shine and look somewhat new!

Chris

iwakeboard
04-12-2010, 01:28 AM
Hmmm might need to get some of that stuff, I've been using Magic Erasers and they work well but I'm always open to trying new things

tg0824SSVGG
04-12-2010, 05:24 AM
I am told that using a magic eraser is like using sandpaper ...

iwakeboard
04-12-2010, 07:46 AM
I am told that using a magic eraser is like using sandpaper ...

Worked like "magic" on my upholstery, and it was filthy when I got it. I use it in tandem with Greased Lightening. May try to use this stuff with Magic Eraser now.

Salty87
04-12-2010, 09:08 AM
ask the exquisite lady about mr clean erasers...you won't like what you hear.

tg0824SSVGG
04-12-2010, 10:28 AM
She's the one that told me it's like sandpaper -- and strips off all teh good stuff
that is "built in" to the vinyl.

She includes a detail brush with her product (when you purchase the spray bottle),
this is not like the eraser, but just gets the product down into the nooks and crannies.

dickboxers
04-13-2010, 08:55 AM
I have always thought my upholtry is pretty clean. Just ordered me a bottle so we'll see how dirty is really is. I used the magic eraser the other day for a quick clean on a couple spots. I'm glad I checked out this thread cause i will not be using it any more from her views of it.

ssmith
04-13-2010, 11:01 PM
I ordered the combo kit today. I hope I will get the same results you guys did.

acedistltd
04-22-2010, 02:15 PM
I do not recommend people use a magic eraser on their vinyl as a regular cleaning method. Magic erasers are good on vinyl ONLY for the purpose of removing scuffs or small stains you may not otherwise be able to get out. Once people understand how vinyl is made and how a magic eraser works they will not want to use them anymore. Vinyl is made with a uv protective coating built right into the surface of the vinyl and a magic eraser uses the melamine cell structure to work like fine sandpaper. You can read more about how a magic eraser works from http://www.plasticsportal.net/wa/plasticsEU/function/conversions:/publish/common/upload/foams/basotect_consumer_eraser.pdf.
Exquisite does not work by this type of abrasive cleaning, nor the common chemical cleaning method which can also strip vinyl of its vital built in protections. Exquisite is a water based surfactant cleaner which means it works by the same process soap does which uses suds to remove dirt and oils. Exquisite is NOT a magic cleaner it is a good quality cleaner that will clean while not damaging your vinyl. It will not remove every stain, it will help you maintain your vinyl for a long beautiful life.
I have gotten so many requests for my pricing and sale info that I will post it here so you can just email me with questions or ordering information.
There are a couple of different ways you can order the cleaner but I will give you the best deal if you order direct through me! The boat vinyl cleaning kit includes a 22 oz. bottle of cleaner, a towel and a brush used to clean the vinyl. Normal price on the kit is $11.95 and normal s&h is $11.20. Normal price of the quart of concentrate is $17.95 plus s&h. Through my spring sale(now through the end of May) if you order direct through me I can offer you the kit for $9.95 or the quart of concentrate for $14.95 and s&h for $10.25(there is only a $0.05 handling charge here). Or you can take advantage of the spring combo special which is one kit and one qt concentrate(makes 1 gallon of cleaner) for $22.50 plus the $10.25 s&h charge. I can also include up to 1 more quart of concentrate for $13.50 in the same box for the same s&h charge. If you would like to order I can do it 2 seperate ways either paypal( which you can use even if you don't have a paypal account), or if you prefer I can email you and invoice and you can mail a check.
If you would like to order, send me an email to [email protected] and put 'spring sale' in the subject line. Then tell me what you would like to order and which payment method you would prefer. If using paypal please specify your paypal email address. If you have other questions please just put exquisite question in the subject line so I can respond.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Word spreads like wildfire... :) Glad to try and help spread the fire! :) Thanks for joining, and love my Exsq!

Fman
04-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Thumbs up for exquisite vinyl cleaner;) used it today and it does work extremely well. It took about an entire bottle to do my entire boat and Z-5 top. I was able to get out some grime on my front seat cushion that nothing else would touch for the past year, looks brand new now.

Great product, thanks for the recommendation Todd.

scotthons
04-23-2010, 10:52 AM
That stuff is awesome. I am still not finished with the entire boat, but it is looking WAY better than before. I have gone thru almost an entire bottle, but it needed it :-D

scotthons
04-23-2010, 10:53 AM
I also recommended to my Dad and Uncle for their boats and they ordered some as well.

TayTay
04-23-2010, 10:02 PM
I just put in an order for as much of the stuff she could fit in the box. I'm taking your guy's word that this stuff is as good as you say it is. But... no one on here has ever steered me wrong so I have faith!

ScottnAz
04-24-2010, 12:02 AM
The small bottles do go quickly when you have to do a scrubbing of the entire boat. I picked up a gallon concentrate for this season.
I did a major cleaning a few weeks ago, and plan on doing a quick wipe down (not total scrub) of the interior with exquisite after every few trips out. Followed up with Babe's seat saver of course. I'm hoping this will help minimize the major cleanings. We shall see.

BigCity444
05-03-2010, 10:03 AM
This has been my single greatest discovery from using this site. Great stuff!

01SupraLaunch
05-12-2010, 10:21 AM
You sold me! My 01 looked pretty darn good, but cannot wait to try this on that white!!!

Matt Laird
05-12-2010, 11:16 AM
I have 80% of my boatdone... It looks amazing... Almost scared to get in it...

haugy
05-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I would like to see pictures of the Before and After on a newer more maintained boat. Is there any real difference? I keep my Mariah spotless, and am skeptical that I can get my white seats any more white. Honestly.

Anyone have pics of a well maintained boat for reference? I understand a heavily soiled boat will look spectacular, but how about a clean one? The pics I have seen are all of mildewed and dirty seats.

tg0824SSVGG
05-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Haugy - did you see the picture I posted here?

I take SERIOUS care of my 08 boat. That before after was not a moldy
seat - I THOUGHT it was clean.

I have several other friends with the same testimony

Todd

PS: I religiously use Babes Seat Soap and Seat Saver - after every use.
I THOUGHT my seats were clean.

Again - this is an 08 boat that I bought at the end of 08 (not sure what you mean by
a newer and "more maintained" boat).

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs493.snc3/26926_1414635731062_1387647550_1119168_235522_n.jp g

haugy
05-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Honestly, in my speed reading, I blended that picture in with a different poster for some reason. My bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

Guess I'll have to board the bandwagon.

tg0824SSVGG
05-26-2010, 10:50 AM
haugy,

It's possible that your seats are as clean as they can be ... I am just saying that I
thought mine were too.

I have heard others say the secret is in using the "brush" with any product.

I just was blown away by the results with that product - I have not other affiliation
than a happy customer.

ScottnAz
05-26-2010, 11:05 AM
While my boat is merely an 05'...... :)
I keep my boat spotless (or so I thought), so I sure hope readers are not mistaking my pictures for a mildewed/soiled boat, because it simply isn't. The boat is stored in a garage, cleaned/dried out/vacuumed after every use, waxed every 3-4 weeks and doesn't have a single water spot inside or out. The interior is wiped down and cleaned after every use, allbeit, not with an aggressive cleaner like exquisite, but well enough that the seats look clean/white/new. I was, honestly, embarrassed at how dirty the seats where when I did the last major cleaning. Now I think what happens is, the undetected dirt/grim stays down in the texture of the seats and isn't really noticed until the interior is cleaned with an aggressive cleaner and the opportunity to see clean and not-so-clean side by side.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo2-8.jpg

haugy
05-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Let me clarify this as well. This is not the only page I've seen with pictures. So when I referenced Mildewed seats I was not referencing anyone here.

Scott, 05 is more new than what I consider slightly used. Thanks for the details, and that's what I'm looking for. I saw many posts from people just wowed by it. But from the looks of their boat, it was amazing to see it cleaned, period. Those of us who are meticulous about our boats are who I wanted to hear from. So thanks for the reply. Knowing how detailed you are, and it was still that drastic tells me a lot.

Wasn't trying to come off arrogant, I'm just anal about my boat. So I'm very leary on just grabbing a new product. If it hasn't been tested I don't buy it. I don't want something that ends up eating through the sewn fibers or vinyl, and only finding out about after the fact.

tg0824SSVGG
05-26-2010, 07:38 PM
haugy,

Call the lady that sells the Exquisite - she doesn't live too far from me, so we met and had
a long discussion about why this product is better than most - it's actually WATER based,
and I think she would disagree it's an AGGRESSIVE cleaner -- she says it even contains
conditioners.

She will tell you whatever you need to know about the product ..

Todd

ScottnAz
05-26-2010, 11:03 PM
I think it's a great cleaner, and when I said "aggressive", I merely meant more aggressive than water/rag. While it hasn't been around that long, everything I've read and experienced with the cleaner has me sold on it. Although, with any cleaner, I think you have to be willing to put in some extra elbow grease to really get your boat clean, and reap the benefits. I recently tried to turn someone on to the Exquiste cleaner in an attemt to sway him away from the funky brand the MC dealer sold him. Well, long story short, he didn't seem willing to really dig in to the vinyl with the brush and put forth the extra effort needed to get the cleaner to work to it's full potential. So, his conclusion was the 2 cleaners were the same. Whatever, I'll take a Supra over an MC anyway!! :cool:

haugy, order some and give it a try. If it doesn't work out for you, I'll gladly buy what you don't use. Of course, we'll all want to know what product you used instead.... And welcome to the Supra message board, let's see some pictures!

tg0824SSVGG
05-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Scott,

Just curious - and not trying to argue - what do you consider "not around for long"?

From Sue's website where the Exquisite shows on ebay:

As a technician in the upholstery cleaning and repair industry I personally have used this cleaner for the past 10 years, and it has been used by other professionals in this industry for over 20 years. I have tried most boat vinyl & upholstery cleaners on the market and nothing compares to Exquisite Boat Care's Vinyl/Upholstery Cleaner. The difference is that most cleaners on the market are chemical based which strips your boat upholstery of vital moisture and Exquisite Boat Care's Vinyl/Upholstery cleaner is a water based cleaner which cleans without damaging the vinyl or upholstery.

ScottnAz
05-27-2010, 10:15 AM
No worries Todd,
I should have phrased that differently. It hasn't been available, or known to be available, to we the consumer in the boating industry for that long. I think it really only surfaced as a potential cleaner for us in mid/late 07'(?), if memory serves, and has gained a lot of momentum since. Sorry, I'm not saying it hasn't been around, I merely meant we haven't known about it that long.

I remember reading something Susan posted a while back that it had never crossed her mind to directly market towards us until a friend saw an obscure mention of Exquisite pop up on Wakeworld a couple years ago.

techsledder
05-27-2010, 10:37 AM
So I'm using this on my 1990 at home right now and after spraying it on and scrubbing it with a medium scrub brush, what are you supposed to do next? The directions don't really say. I just wipe it off with a soft clean towel.

Kind of a silly question I realize, but the directions don't tell you to use water or anything to rinse, so I just use a clean towel to wipe off the suds and dry the treated area.

What's everyone else doing?

ScottnAz
05-27-2010, 10:47 AM
That's what I do, wipe off with dry towel. And repeat.

Okie Boarder
05-27-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm getting ready to order some of this soon and see how it does.

haugy...good to see you pop your head in. I've heard things have been really hectic. Hope things are coming along well.

LloydP
06-01-2010, 07:44 AM
I received my order of Exquisite (based on recommendations here) last week. Spent a solid hour scrubbing vinyl yesterday - a LOT of vinyl in this boat!!

The Exquisite does a really good job. No miracles, but with some hard scrubbing, I was able to remove some pretty stubborn dirt in the vinyl. Definitely the cleanest the seats have been since I got the boat. I would definitely recommend it.

jaywidhalm
06-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Just ordered me some today...with the cleaning kit of course!

jzelt
06-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I ordered everything that fits in the box as well and am happy with it.
I didn't scrub until my knuckles turn red. I did remove some "gunk" around the threads, but overall, the vinyl wasn't that dirty to begin with. It does feel like a conditioner is included in it as it doesn't feel all dry (like a detergent might feel) (Hard to put into words, more like a silky smooth vs dry to the bone plastic).

With that said, has anyone ever cleaned their vinyl with other product and a scrub brush? I know I haven't and possibly that is one reason it is more impressive.

I am happy with the purchase, wasn't looking for a miracle cleaner.

How long is everyone leaving the Exquisite sit after they spray it on before scrubbing? (I am impatient and spray and almost immediately start to scrub for 3-5 mins, then wipe it off and re-apply if needed). The towel does turn tan some, but gladly, it isn't as dirty or picture worthy as some of the side by side pics I have seen here.

acedistltd
06-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Some users were wondering if the cleaning power all lies in the brush I provide with my cleaning kit. To some extent it does, think about using a brush and soap to clean dirty dishes. A brush can make all the difference in the world, removing things you could not with a cloth. However, if you use a brush with the wrong kind of cleaner you will damage your vinyl even more than you will just using a chemical based cleaner. The brush is how a surfactant based cleaner works, you use it to work the suds into all the nooks and crannys of the vinyl grain and the seam areas. So of course the second part of the cleaning power is in the cleaner itself. The 2 go hand in hand.

Also, for all of you who have been asking I will extend my spring sale till the end of June. :)

KG's Supra24
06-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Some users were wondering if the cleaning power all lies in the brush I provide with my cleaning kit. To some extent it does, think about using a brush and soap to clean dirty dishes. A brush can make all the difference in the world, removing things you could not with a cloth. However, if you use a brush with the wrong kind of cleaner you will damage your vinyl even more than you will just using a chemical based cleaner. The brush is how a surfactant based cleaner works, you use it to work the suds into all the nooks and crannys of the vinyl grain and the seam areas.

Also, for all of you who have been asking I will extend my spring sale till the end of June. :)

I did not receive a brush with mine, likely because i just ordered several bottles of concentrate ... what type of brush do you recommend? Stiff, not stiff? Any certain type of fiber?

acedistltd
06-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Just go to the cleaning supply area in your local store and purchase a 'scrub brush'. Do not purchase a floor brush as the bristles are thicker and a little too stiff and don't purchase a nail brush as they are ususally too soft. Really any nylon bristle scrub brush will do, just make sure it is comfortable in your hand so you can put some muscle into cleaning the vinyl!

tg0824SSVGG
06-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Sue, thanks for helping out here!

Kip
06-09-2010, 10:50 PM
I got a bottle of the concentrate and started cleaning up our boat the other day. Our interior is 22 years old but in decent shape. It always looked a little dingy. After cleaning a few cushions I was very happy to now have white cushions! I feel like the vinyl feels softer now which will hopefully give me a few more years out of it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

haugy
06-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Well Sue, I've tried to email you multiple times. Maybe you'll see this.

Tried to place an order. Got no response back from anyone. Tried every email address I could find for you in this thread and Ebay.

Please check your email or spam folders. Thanks.

01SupraLaunch
06-10-2010, 03:12 PM
I just got mine end of last week. I am cleaning the boat this weekend. I will take some before and afters, and side by sides.