PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine?

jdub667
04-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I took my 07 supra that I just bought out and had a few questions. It has just over 70hrs. First off after start up I let it warm up and the check engine flagged on the dash so I checked oil psi water temp and all fluid levels all looked good so I went for a little spin and all was good except the check engine would come on every now and then so I would check and the temps and psi's all good so what do you guys think the problem is? any help would be nice before I take it to the dealer. thanks

tg0824SSVGG
04-11-2010, 07:40 PM
My money is on the "well-known" bad catalytic converter sensor ... There are a couple of fixes for this - the dealer can either replace them under warranty, but the problem might
come back, or they can download new software into the computer that IGNORES the error.

I got the latter, not sure I am crazy about it - but haven't had a problem since then.

All the 07 and 08 Indmars with the CAT's have this issue, regardless of whether
they are in a Supra, Malibu or MasterCraft.

jdub667
04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the quick answer this is my first v-drive and I have sevral questions so is it possible to just give u a call or u call me it would be appriciated
Jeremy 505-215-1081

jdub667
04-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Well the nearest dealer to me is Mesa ,AZ whats up with these boat shops not being able to plug into these indmar motors and check codes anyway? I have like 4 boat shops/dealers near but none work on indmar it's crazy.

Fman
04-14-2010, 03:26 PM
I had the same problem code with only 2 hours on the boat! They installed a new sensor and downloaded the new software and I have had no problems since. HOWEVER, make sure they know what they are doing! They installed Moomba software on my boat the first time around and the perfect pass would not work at all. It was a PIA to get corrected, they had my boat for about a week, I actually took it to a different dealer that was able to contact Indmar and get the proper software installed. Just something to keep in mind.

One other thing, if you keep turning the boat on/off repetitively over and over in a short period this can cause a service engine prompt. Usually it will reset itself after you completely shut off the batteries and master breaker switch.

ScottnAz
04-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Well the nearest dealer to me is Mesa ,AZ
Which dealer?
If going to Mesa, take it to Century Marine. While they aren't the "Supra Dealer", they are the Moomba dealer, and probably the best dealer in the Phoenix area to deal with.

jdub667
04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Which dealer?
If going to Mesa, take it to Century Marine. While they aren't the "Supra Dealer", they are the Moomba dealer, and probably the best dealer in the Phoenix area to deal with.

Action Marine is the one I talked to they sounded like they knew about these Cat sensors and the new program, but good to know on the other dealer is their someone over there in paticular to talk to cause I'll be driving down from Farmington hopefully schedule to repair same day then drive back the next day its about a 6hr drive one way for me so it would be nice to get it in and out if possible.

ScottnAz
04-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Yeah, Action Water Sports is the dealer in the area. I assume you spoke with Jeff, the service manager, who was also the service manager at the previous Supra dealer in town before they went belly-up. So, he has been a long time Supra service guy. Nevertheless, I would first talk to Scott, the service manager, over at Century Marine about your problem. 480.835.9134

Lastly, let me know when you plan on being in town and I'll take you out for the day.

Diggs
04-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Has anyone figured out if this is a 325 Assault or the 340 CAT motor? Sorry did not read it all, but might be an important factor before we assume is is a CAT sensor

jdub667
05-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Has anyone figured out if this is a 325 Assault or the 340 CAT motor? Sorry did not read it all, but might be an important factor before we assume is is a CAT sensor

It is the 325 assault:confused:so does this mean it doesnt have the sensors.
Iam going to the dealer either way to get the check engine code checked so I hope its something simple.

docdrs
05-10-2010, 10:38 PM
good catch Diggs, i believe only the 340catext has the cats. the 325 does not

sidetracked3
05-11-2010, 05:10 PM
wonder if this is my problem too.

jdub667
05-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Well I found a closer indmar dealer Page,AZ aka lake powell. I went yesterday and I highly recommend these guys for service they were more than helpful.
It was the service dept at Antelope marina which is absolutly unreal it has the largest floating resturant in the world and a good lunch by the way.
The check engine code was from when i bought the boat and was cycling the key with dead batterys making sure all the switchs worked it threw a low voltage code, simple clear the code and we took the boat out on powell for awhile boat ran great no more codes.

tg0824SSVGG
05-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Tall skinny guy named Adam per chance?

If so - he's a good friend of mine - great guy. I am pretty sure he's the
head mechanic at Antelope Point ... I know he's Indmar certified.

(He's also a killer hydrofoiler)

jdub667
05-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Tall skinny guy named Adam per chance?

If so - he's a good friend of mine - great guy. I am pretty sure he's the
head mechanic at Antelope Point ... I know he's Indmar certified.

(He's also a killer hydrofoiler)

Yeah Adam,and Jeff super cool guys. Jeff and another guy went out with me after they cleared the code they said Adam was a bad ass on the hydrofoil. would of liked to see him in action. the water was 60F to bad i didnt bring my boards.