PDA

View Full Version : A little advice please? wake plate, bilge

kodybyron
04-12-2010, 08:04 AM
So I test drove this boat last week..everything worked fine. I towed it 100 miles home and took it out on the lake this weekend.

Now the bilge pump is not working..the auto light on the switch comes on but no water is being pumped. turned it on manual put my hand on the pump and nothing. I noticed the float box but not familar with them. any advice there?

also my hydraulic wakeplate worked for sure during the test drive. Now its not doing anything. No noise nothing at all. (id really like to fix this my self with yalls help)

Thanks ahead of time for any info you can throw my way! trying to save $$$ and just want to enjoy the new boat.

kodybyron
04-12-2010, 09:32 AM
anyone at all??

ScottnAz
04-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Did you check the circuit panel under the dash?

kodybyron
04-12-2010, 10:34 AM
sorry but is that the same as the fuse panel where you can reset all the individual fuses?

kodybyron
04-12-2010, 10:36 AM
PM i got from Mikey...

hey there!

Bilge pump is easy and cheap to replace if it's not working. It sounds like you have a float switch maybe? This keeps the pump from turning on unless the switch floats up. You pump could be clogged debris, or it should also have a tiny in line fuse that may have blown. I replaced my pump for a quieter, newer one.

The hydrolic wake plate should have a pump underneith your rear bench seat. It may need to be filled up with oil. If it leaks, which is common, put something under the pump so you dont get oil on your carpet. I used a gallon milk jug cut in half. But it should at least be making noise...

Good luck! I am not able to post to the forums right now, so if you want to post this go ahead.

Mikey

Okie Boarder
04-12-2010, 01:09 PM
I'd second mikey's thoughts on the bilge pump. Find out where it is fused and look for a blown fuse. Also check the pump for debris. I've had some issues with mine because of debris.

jaywidhalm
04-12-2010, 05:51 PM
One of my hydrolic rams was leaking on my wakeplate. It would still function though, but the pressure from the water once moving would colapse it again. Is it moving at all or completely dead all the time.

kodybyron
04-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Ok so, last night i took out the pump float and bilge..bilge pump is out..float works so ill put in a new bilge pump right now it has the attwood 500. i sure and getting alot of water in the boat....any suggestions on a replacement bilge yall like? it sure is a pain to find room to screw it back down to the floor.

oh the hydraulic wake plate i hit the switch and i hear no noise. Its located on the back left panel near engine. i took off panel and see there is a decent amount of fluid in the gear box. Does any one have a suggestion on where the fuse for this bennett system might be? its got to be electrical cause it worked on the test drive a few days ago. any help here would really be helpful! thanks in advance!

kodybyron
04-13-2010, 08:51 AM
One of my hydrolic rams was leaking on my wakeplate. It would still function though, but the pressure from the water once moving would colapse it again. Is it moving at all or completely dead all the time.

completely dead. no movement at all. :(

kodybyron
04-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Bildge pump was replaced. changed the 500 attwood for a 800.

But i still havent been able to locate my hydraulic wake plate pump inline 12v fuse. Bennett says its behind the rocker switch...guess ill tear out the interior today.
have yall ever found where this 12v fuse is?

87SunSportMikeyD
04-14-2010, 09:59 AM
those inline fuses are USUALLY located within 3' of the end of the positive wire near the device that is being powered. I would think it would be somewhere near the pump, but Bennett is super helpful and they should be able to tell u exactly where.

Jay did u fix the hydrolic ram yet? I have that problem too but my leak is very slow, so the plate stays where I put it, but I do not want oil in my river AT ALL! I talked to Bennett and they offered me replacement parts for a small fee. I have not gotten to this project yet.

kodybyron
04-26-2010, 09:42 AM
all it was was a bad ground. hope this saves someone else time. wake plate is working just fine now!

87SunSportMikeyD
04-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Have fun playin around with that plate, it is a crazy effect it has. I like to put it down more on choppy days (just for driving around it lessens the impact), but within a couple inches of horizontal when boarding with weight on calm days.

hckyman37
04-27-2010, 10:47 PM
I just had a similar problem with my 2007 24v and it was the fuses. Under the steering wheel against the wheel there are several fuses. On my boat the fuses are labeled which made it easy to locate the ones I was having issue with. I pushed in the blown fuse and the wakeplate worked as it should. If memory serves me right there was one for the bilge there as well.

They could have pop from a variety of things i.e. while trailing in home and go over train tracks to fast, pot holes, etc.

Hope this helps; good luck.