PDA

View Full Version : speedometer replacement '87 sunsport

rustey
04-12-2010, 11:57 AM
I need to replace the speedos in my sunsport anybody know a good place to get the gauges.

dshaff24
04-12-2010, 12:16 PM
are yours bad? or just aged? Im removing mine for whitefaced

csuggs
04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
The original airdyne's are no longer available, but you can replace them with any that you like. I went with Teledyne Lido - white face with orange or red needle.

rustey
04-13-2010, 01:49 PM
There not accurate at all doesn't seem to be a leak in the tubing but I'll probably replace everything. Wondering what people were using for replacements, I'll check out the teledynes.

csuggs
04-13-2010, 08:49 PM
I replaced mine last year with the Teledyne units. Also I replaced the pitot tubes with the tournament style from skidim and replaced all the tubing. Never had a problem all season and both speedos were fairly accurate.

rustey
04-14-2010, 10:08 AM
I found some airguides but there pretty expensive. $150 each, are they worth it? Also does anyone know anything about installing perfect pass in an older boat, is it worth it?

tomelenbaas
04-14-2010, 11:29 AM
I installed a Perfect Pass Stargazer system on my '88 Mariah two years ago - it's great. Perfect for holding a consistent slow speed, and it makes it really easy for a less experienced driver. Well worth the investment. Installation was fairly simple - their instructions are really easy to follow and well written. The scariest part was drilling a 2" hole in the hull, but I think with the newest version of Stargazer you might not need the paddle wheel.