PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pump Screen

Mani
04-12-2010, 04:53 PM
The guys from the machine shop called me and said I need a new oil pan and a new oil pump screen for the motor. They're a bit hesitant to do any more work on the motor since it's a marine block, and "antique". So I've gotta put the intake back on it, get a new oil pan and screen.

I've been searching for a while and I can't seem to find a marine oil screen for the 351W. The machine shop guys said their automotive screens won't fit it, so I'm sure it's a part that PCM created and used. Any ideas where I can find these part?

beast 496
04-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Find a much better machine shop. These are not antiques. PCM did not manufacture the parts either. Only add on pieces for the exhaust and water cooling systems. The main ingine parts are all FORD or GM Did they damage the pump pick up somehow? Is the pan rusted? Al

Mani
04-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Pan's rusted, and they said they the screen is a mirror image of the automotive version, so they can't bolt it up. I want to know why they ever put a cover on that darn oil pan at the manufacturer. All that thing did was trap moisture and rust the pan faster.

Problem's been solved. The oil pan that these engine's use, Ford doesn't make anymore. Skidim didn't have the screen or pump listed on their site, but one phone call (since I couldn't find it on anyone's site) and they fixed me up with a new pan (hand made apparently), pump, and intake gasket set.

Thanks for the input beast. :D

Mani
04-16-2010, 10:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any idea what size bolts are used on to mount the oil pump and it's pick up. Is this something that needs to be automotive grade or can I just use grade 8 bolts from a hardware store? I seem to have misplaced the ones that come with the motor.

zalamander
04-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Mani... just posted on your other thread, but I had my engine drop and crush the pan too. Can you get me a parts list for the pan, pump, and pickup? I 'm sure I need to replace mine.
Thanks,
Z

Mani
04-20-2010, 05:33 PM
I'll pm you. Unfortunately this stuff doesn't come cheap.

Mani
04-20-2010, 05:53 PM
PM sent. :cool: