PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard boat for sale????

robby_kue7
04-12-2010, 06:43 PM
im looking for a solid wakeboard boat. im on a budget so under $7500 is preferred. please reply if you have or know of one for sale. looking to buy asap

87SunSportMikeyD
04-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Minne
https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=6044

Indy
https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=6046

Wisco
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260575379662

No excuses now, go knock it out the park! :) Let us know more about which one you like and we can go more into detail.

robby_kue7
04-23-2010, 06:19 PM
i found a pirata for sale for $5500 i went and looked at it and there wasnt much wrong with the stringers, just a little water in the foam and a soft spot up near the bow. would you buy and for what price? oh and the rutter needs repacking and an oil leak needs to be fixed (its coming out the harmonic balancer). do you think its worth the money?

saltare inverts
04-23-2010, 06:31 PM
How can you tell there isnt much wrong with the stringers? The problems are usually hidden until you uncap the boat and pull up the floor. They may be fine but you want to know not guess. If they are ok then its a good buy in my eyes from the limited information you gave us.

robby_kue7
04-24-2010, 10:28 AM
we could get to the stringers near the bow through the cooler and we got to the stringers near the engine. we tapped them with a malot and listened for hollow spots. theres no damage to the boat, the interior is good, it has 450 hrs on it and it also comes with fat pole. im waiting to do a water test in it to see how it does though.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Be cautioned that if the foam is wet, this is what causes the stringer damage. $5000 is a good price though.

zalamander
04-26-2010, 12:18 PM
I agree with Mike... be very cautious if the foam is wet!!! I thought mine were fine too. The bolts were tight, everything sounded solid (I did hammer test too). Soft spot up near the bow could require cap off to replace. The oil leak is most likely front main, and you may need to pull engine to fix. $5500 is not bad, but if you think of the work you may need to do to it, try and talk 'em down.

sybrmike
04-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Another vote for caution here - my stringers sounded solid and all driveline bolts were tight. Here's what that got me. Latest pic with the outer stringers removed...

zalamander
04-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Another vote for caution here - my stringers sounded solid and all driveline bolts were tight. Here's what that got me. Latest pic with the outer stringers removed...

I am living proof too... here is what water in foam will cause...

robby_kue7
05-02-2010, 02:49 PM
yea that guy ended up givin me the run around and wouldnt do a water test so i said screw it and im on to better boats and i wouldnt have given him over $4500 anyway but thanks for the eye openers guys. how much did it cost do do the stringer replacements and did you do it yourself?

sybrmike
05-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Probably a good thing to walk on that one. Gotta be comfortable & confident in the deal.

Lots of variables in cost, but some rough estimates for a complete cap-off stringer/floor job.
DIY - ~$1000-$1500 in materials depending on ply vs lumber, epoxy vs poly resin, foam vs no foam, etc. (also carpet usually goes in before cap goes back on)
Pro - ~$4000-$5000 (but heard as high as $7k - ouch!)
You can also usually work a deal somewhere in between depending on how much work you wanna do.

Good luck in the search.