PDA

View Full Version : Extended Ski Pylon

tallnfast
04-13-2010, 02:23 PM
I am getting rid of my old school tower and re-glassing the holes at this point.

Someday i will get a tower again, when money allows.
However, i am looking to get a extended ski pylon, however have a question for anyone?

My plyon is at an angle, not straight up and down, plus it has a "T catch" for the rope, as i would assume most models have at that age.
This would hinder the ski pylon sliding over.

Also, will the angle of the ski pylon not work?

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Kip
04-13-2010, 10:49 PM
I ended up getting a tower for our boat but had done a great deal of research on the extended pylons. From everything I found an extended pylon will work fine and the T bar on the pylon can be pressed or hammered out.

Good luck and I never had one installed on our boat so take this info with that in mind.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-14-2010, 11:07 AM
The T can be hammerd out or cut off. Are you SURE you want to spend $300 instead of $700? You can find towers on craigslist for great prices... Monster Towers go on sale during winter too.

Okie Boarder
04-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I didn't install mine, the PO did. They cut the tee pieces and the pylon slid right over it. The extended pylon worked pretty good. It was always a pain to install and remove it though. I'm looking forward to the ease of a tower this year.

tallnfast
04-14-2010, 01:48 PM
yeah i was wondering about price, however i found extended pylons and racks together for about 150!

so i may do that, sell it next year for a 100 and invest in a tower.

with all the repair, it's hard to find another 1k

thanks for your help guys

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/1691967313.html