PDA

View Full Version : Best aftermarket cd player that Won't.....SKIP!

kodybyron
04-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Whats the worst feeling when your flying down the lake, w/ a bunch of 1/2 drunk girls dancing on your boat as you hit that big wake and your cd player stops......

Have yall had any luck with a consistant cd player that will fix this problem?
do they make them w/ a built in pa system?:rolleyes:

tg0824SSVGG
04-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Nope -- that's why we use our iPods ..

If you want to have a PA, look for threads here for the WS-420 -- it's also an equalizer
that allows you to control in-boat, tower and sub volume -- it's got a PA (over the tower speakers)
and you can plug your ipod directly into it.

dusty2221
04-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Whats the worst feeling when your flying down the lake, w/ a bunch of 1/2 drunk girls dancing on your boat as you hit that big wake and your cd player stops......

Whats a cd? Is that those round things that used to ride around all over the inside of the truck?

Lol. But for real, buy a deck with either an. Aux in jack or one thats ipod compatible and use that instead of cds. No skip, ever.

As far as a pa system, look inti the wetsounds 420. Its everything you dream of!

csuggs
04-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Dittos. Jim's putting a Kenwood unit in mine that is ipod compatible.

Gravity08
04-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Be sure that you get one that is remote capable. I love the remote on the transom.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I removed my head unit completly. Ipod into EQ.

kodybyron
04-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Be sure that you get one that is remote capable. I love the remote on the transom.

thank yall for makin me look like an idiot lol..i bet im the youngest on here and still that slipped my mind (ipod) i guess ill have to get a new head unit..the kenwood doesnt have a aux plug :-*(

i love the remote on transom as well....mine came with a factory kenwood head unit..i think and the transom remote..but i cant get the remote to come on...Dang Boats! any suggestions? fuse?

jzelt
04-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Well, a few comments...
1. Why are they only half drunk? If they were totally, then they wouldn't even notice if no music was playing.
2. Should they be dancing if the boat hits that big of a wake and skips the cd?
3. Yes...Ipod. Much more variety, less hassle...
4. No pics? Are they why the cd is skipping?

dusty2221
04-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Look into the Kenwood ipod interface adaptor if you are wanting to keep your factory unit. It will add the ability to charge, control, and listen to an ipod.

Matt Laird
04-14-2010, 01:57 PM
They all have a point, Ipod is nice... I have an Alpine marine deck that's suspose to be unable to skip... (cd is so much better quality than an IPOD)
I hooked mine up with Sirius radio, I figure the DJs get paid to play good music, I let them...

csuggs
04-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Check this one out . . .

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/Marine/KMR-330

ScottnAz
04-14-2010, 02:38 PM
i guess ill have to get a new head unit..the kenwood doesnt have a aux plug :-*(

What model # is your current head unit?

kodybyron
04-14-2010, 03:04 PM
pics...yall want pics! ok gimme a couple weekends with good weather. lol
im not sure which unit i have..i keep the boat in storage 15 miles away :-( which sux cause if i had it at my place i could tinker with it after work..im gettin a house next moth and out of the apartment so dont worry ill be comin up w/ all sorts of mods. spend'n all that hard earned money ;-)

no one ever responded to my transom remote issue...i need this thing working..any tips on why it wouldnt be working? fuses? it seems like a simple hook up! right?

and ill figure something out on the ipod issue..i gotta get that fixed asap.

Matt Laird
04-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Not too sure however I do have my origional keenwood transom remote in a box in the garage if you decide that's the problem you can have it

ScottnAz
04-14-2010, 03:10 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419wMrtfbLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

For ipod interface/headunit compatibility, check this site;
http://www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/ipod/

jonyb
04-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Nope -- that's why we use our iPods ..

If you want to have a PA, look for threads here for the WS-420 -- it's also an equalizer
that allows you to control in-boat, tower and sub volume -- it's got a PA (over the tower speakers)
and you can plug your ipod directly into it.
But then you lose the transom controls.

Lol. But for real, buy a deck with either an. Aux in jack or one thats ipod compatible and use that instead of cds. No skip, ever.

As far as a pa system, look inti the wetsounds 420. Its everything you dream of!
Then you lose your transom controls.
Yes on the 420. It's beautiful.

Yep, and you can control the iPod from there.

I removed my head unit completly. Ipod into EQ.
Can't control it from the transom though :D

thank yall for makin me look like an idiot lol..i bet im the youngest on here and still that slipped my mind (ipod) i guess ill have to get a new head unit..the kenwood doesnt have a aux plug :-*(

i love the remote on transom as well....mine came with a factory kenwood head unit..i think and the transom remote..but i cant get the remote to come on...Dang Boats! any suggestions? fuse?
There's a DIN cable from the head unit to the remote. I just pulled a MR300 out of a 39' Fountain Express Cruiser and replaced it with a new one because the wired remotes didn't work. I'm gonna say you have a problem with the head unit. The radio won't put out enough voltage to power both of them, and with a single remote, won't power it up enough for the display to work. Replace the radio and problem solved.

Look into the Kenwood ipod interface adaptor if you are wanting to keep your factory unit. It will add the ability to charge, control, and listen to an ipod.
And control it from the transom and helm! WOW!

They all have a point, Ipod is nice... I have an Alpine marine deck that's suspose to be unable to skip... (cd is so much better quality than an IPOD)
I hooked mine up with Sirius radio, I figure the DJs get paid to play good music, I let them...
Alpine is second to none. Sound quality is much better from Clarion to Alpine, controls are better, it's just an all-around better head unit.

no one ever responded to my transom remote issue...i need this thing working..any tips on why it wouldnt be working? fuses? it seems like a simple hook up! right?

and ill figure something out on the ipod issue..i gotta get that fixed asap.
I just did :D

Not too sure however I do have my origional keenwood transom remote in a box in the garage if you decide that's the problem you can have it
Shouldn't be, but you could try.

kodybyron
04-14-2010, 04:29 PM

Matt,
let me do some snoopin around on the boat..ill let you know if i can fix it. if not we'll work a deal out on your remote your not using.

and ya i def. need that ipod hook up for the kenwood.

these dang boats get more expensive by the minute! i swear its like you just find things that you "think you need" for them..and next thing you know you just gotta have em! haha

kodybyron
04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Jonyb...dang you sure have alot of time on your hands. you crack me up man!
but im sure glad people like you are on here..yall have saved me $$$ in quick fixes and ive only owned the boat 2 weeks!

now if i could just keep away from yalls Mod threads i might save a lil money! ;)

jonyb
04-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Jonyb...dang you sure have alot of time on your hands. you crack me up man!
but im sure glad people like you are on here..yall have saved me $$$ in quick fixes and ive only owned the boat 2 weeks!

now if i could just keep away from yalls Mod threads i might save a lil money! ;)

I wish I could say a new remote would fix it, but in the boat that I just worked on, it was the radio. I think you can find those Kenwoods for around $125 on Google, if you want to look.

jzelt
04-15-2010, 01:12 PM
I agree on the getting more expensive. I've only been on ours 4 weekends and spending way more dolla's in the off time than I am on it.

Got rear sacks as one was leaking at the fitting last year. Attempted to repair it and it leaked Easter Weekend. Good thing I ordered 2 as they are bigger than the bags that were in there previously...Sorry hun. :)

Love the cupholder LED's, but ours are plastic and can't spend $ on the stainless ones at 15 a pop.
Hopefully a next spring project.

Fman
04-15-2010, 02:16 PM

Install a cassette deck, they wont skip at all! now I am dating myself.... I-pod/MP3 is the only way to go.

kodybyron
04-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I agree on the getting more expensive. I've only been on ours 4 weekends and spending way more dolla's in the off time than I am on it.

Got rear sacks as one was leaking at the fitting last year. Attempted to repair it and it leaked Easter Weekend. Good thing I ordered 2 as they are bigger than the bags that were in there previously...Sorry hun. :)

Love the cupholder LED's, but ours are plastic and can't spend $ on the stainless ones at 15 a pop.
Hopefully a next spring project.

ebay has some pretty cheap! $8 bucks..these should work huh?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stainless-Steel-Cup-Holders-Recessed_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca1887122QQit emZ260408111394QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fG ear

jzelt
04-16-2010, 12:47 PM
That makes it must easier to afford. Hmmm...

kodybyron
04-27-2010, 11:44 AM
That makes it must easier to afford. Hmmm...

did you ever buy these? im waitin on you to see if you like them haha..do yall think these will fit in my factory cup holes?

jzelt
04-27-2010, 12:48 PM
No. I can't. It's boating season now...Will have to do next winter, if at all.

I looked at them and some others on there. The one's you sent looked to be good. There are some you could buy in bulk packs (pontoon boat package). I imagine they will fit. I would have to take out a plastic one and measure before I ordered. Also, some came with a fitting for a drain hose which may or may not take up clearance.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
If you have an older boat, those new stainless ones are generally a little bigger (they fit thick coozies!).

astyles
05-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Well, a few comments...
1. Why are they only half drunk? If they were totally, then they wouldn't even notice if no music was playing.
2. Should they be dancing if the boat hits that big of a wake and skips the cd?
3. Yes...Ipod. Much more variety, less hassle...
4. No pics? Are they why the cd is skipping?

lol fat chicks go in the back!

rludtke
06-27-2010, 08:51 PM
I skipped the deck altogather, and now just feed an amplifer with my zune.

jclevoy
07-02-2010, 06:17 AM
I tried something different earlier this week. Instead of the ipod, I used my Blackberry Touch running Pandora (online streaming music). Plugged the BB into the back of my WS-420 using an auxillary cable just like with the ipod. It worked great, but even with the BB turned-up all the way..........It was not loud enough for wakeboarding with the XM-7s. I'm not sure why it wasn't as loud as the ipod. With the ipod turned-up to 90%, I only have to turn the WS-420 to 50% in order to hear it loudly while wakeboarding.

It was nice having a different variety of music though.

jonyb
07-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Because the ipod may have .5V output

jclevoy
07-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Because the ipod may have .5V output

So does that mean that the BB has even less output than that????

jonyb
07-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Don't know, but it's possible.