PDA

View Full Version : Back from Viper Customs

ssmith
04-13-2010, 06:00 PM
After several weeks, I finally got my baby back.

Jim did a great job and I am very happy with the results....

Changed graphics
Added Seadeck
Added dual battery setup
Vinyl work
Detailed the boat

Before pic:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/scotties2006/Supra/IMG_3116.jpg

After pic:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/scotties2006/SU1HMDAxNDctMjAxMDA0MTMtMTMxNS5qcGc.jpg

Seadeck:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/scotties2006/SU1HMDAxNDYtMjAxMDA0MTMtMTMxNS5qcGc.jpg

I added the SpeakerSox:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/scotties2006/SU1HMDAxNTAtMjAxMDA0MTMtMTMxNy5qcGc.jpg

Blackntan90
04-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Looks awesome!! I really do love the way the graphics look with the black hull. The seadeck looks very classy as well, very nice!

ssmith
04-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Dual battery:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/scotties2006/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG00113-20100406-1740.jpg

I have to put this on soon:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/scotties2006/SU1HMDAwNTgtMjAxMDAzMjYtMTczMS5qcGc.jpg

I change over to a larger storage bay and organized a bit today:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/scotties2006/SU1HMDAxNTItMjAxMDA0MTMtMTUzMC5qcGc.jpg

I also upgraded my ballast a wee bit (no pic).

I think that is all of my upgrades/changes done in preparation for the boating season. I'm going to hopefully get out next week.

dshaff24
04-13-2010, 06:12 PM
When I break down to buy a newer boat im buying your exact color n boat! I like the changes, Viper definitly has a nice touch to any boat!

jasonba1
04-13-2010, 06:22 PM
scott your boat looks sick

tg0824SSVGG
04-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Very nice -- I like the look of the SeaDeck - make sure you tell us how it works out!

thescott
04-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Looks GREAT!
Where'd you get the board rack covers?

csuggs
04-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Scottie -
Man, that really looks great! I love the ghosty flames - VERY cool! I think I saw your boat at Viper when I was there about two weeks ago. Going to get mine on the 24th!
Clint

Kip
04-13-2010, 10:24 PM
the black with the flames looks great

ScottnAz
04-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Wow, boat looks great.
It's amazing how the graphics changed the whole look of the boat, and that Seadeck really adds a nice touch. Let me/us know how that new prop works out.

Looks like you have a couple young kids?

saltare inverts
04-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Looks awesome. Do you have leds?

ssmith
04-13-2010, 10:39 PM
theScott,

The boardrack covers and the speaker covers came from speakersox.com

Seems like a lot of money for a ziplock bag full of stuff but they fit like a glove. I have trailered with them for a long distance and no issues. Worth the price, IMO.

Clint,

Thanks for kind words. I asked Jim about your boat last week and he showed me the progress. That is going to look amazing when he is done. I can't wait to see the finished product. Post pics when you get her back.

ScottnAz,

Yes, I have 2 girls ( 20m old and a 5 yr old). Good eye noticing the small life vests. They both have grown up on the water. So, we are all excited for warm weather.

ssmith
04-13-2010, 10:41 PM
No LED's but I have been considering it. My banker (wife) tells me I will have to wait awhile for anymore boat toys.

Fman
04-14-2010, 01:46 AM
Jim did a great job, your boat looks sweeet.... great upgrade on the flames! Maybe this is why he has such a hard time shipping stuff on time!!! Great guy, but geez, every time I order something it takes 3 or 4 weeks to get here! :confused:

jonyb
04-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Maybe this is why he has such a hard time shipping stuff on time!!! Great guy, but geez, every time I order something it takes 3 or 4 weeks to get here! :confused:

Don't even get me started :( I waited 3 weeks for carpet on Jason's boat. He claimed it disappeared from the UPS truck while out on delivery and I believe that, but he also said it was shipped out a week before it really was.

Boat looks good Scotty.

KY Steve
04-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Don't even get me started :( I waited 3 weeks for carpet on Jason's boat. He claimed it disappeared from the UPS truck while out on delivery and I believe that, but he also said it was shipped out a week before it really was.

I was in Jims place last week picking up some parts and ordering more, his shop was packed with boats. Seems like a great guy but maybe just a little overwhelmed right now.

jclevoy
04-14-2010, 09:02 AM

Boat looks good Scotty.

Please tell me that it has finally arrived though John.......http://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/banging.gifhttp://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/banging.gif

I talked to Brian yesterday late afternoon. They shipped the sub enclosure directly to you yesterday. Hopefully IT doesn't get lost by UPShttp://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/rodekaart.gif

Oops.......1st post......Hello everyone ;-)

87SunSportMikeyD
04-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Droooooling......

sybrmike
04-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Great looking boat to begin with, but the upgrades really set it apart now. Love the grey & black (but I'm partial to those colors anyway) - the flames are really sharp. Congrats.

Yeah, I'm having some difficulty getting some stuff out of Viper as well. That business is seasonal & tis the season...

jonyb
04-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Please tell me that it has finally arrived though John.......http://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/banging.gifhttp://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/banging.gif

I talked to Brian yesterday late afternoon. They shipped the sub enclosure directly to you yesterday. Hopefully IT doesn't get lost by UPShttp://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/rodekaart.gif

Oops.......1st post......Hello everyone ;-)

It has....

jclevoy
04-14-2010, 09:56 AM
It has....

Wonders will never ceasehttp://supraboats.com/bbs/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

Okie Boarder
04-14-2010, 11:39 AM
The boat looks good. I like the nice new touches.

Fman
04-14-2010, 03:32 PM
I was in Jims place last week picking up some parts and ordering more, his shop was packed with boats. Seems like a great guy but maybe just a little overwhelmed right now.

Maybe he should hire someone to handle the shipping for the boating season. It would sure make it nice for the rest of us that cant drive down to his shop! My guidepole covers/rub rail took a month to get to me, one time he said it had been shipped, a week later I called for a tracking number and it never left his shop :roll:

Like I mentioned, very nice guy to deal with, but shipping stuff is definitely not his speciality....

jonyb
04-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Like I mentioned, very nice guy to deal with, but shipping stuff is definitely not his speciality....

I'd rather deal with the biggest jerk in the world if he knew how to ship and not lie about when things roll out. Because he kept me hanging on carpet, it's screwed my whole schedule up. This boat should've been gone a week ago when the carpet supposedly shipped. Now I can't find enough time to finish it because all the boats I scheduled after this one are coming in. Thanks Jim!

jclevoy
04-15-2010, 10:33 AM
I'd rather deal with the biggest jerk in the world if he knew how to ship and not lie about when things roll out. Because he kept me hanging on carpet, it's screwed my whole schedule up. This boat should've been gone a week ago when the carpet supposedly shipped. Now I can't find enough time to finish it because all the boats I scheduled after this one are coming in. Thanks Jim!

Take your time though John......I hope my boat is not in your way, but I am a patient person.:cool:

csuggs
04-15-2010, 12:01 PM
I may not be real popular for saying so, but sometimes things take longer than expected and you have to be patient. I do not think that Jim is a dis-honest person and believe that he truly wants to provide the best service that he can, but sometimes things happen that are beyond one's control.
You may be thinking "yeah, that's easy for csuggs to say because he hasn't had to wait past the promise date on his boat yet . . ." That may be true, but I am also prepared to wait longer if necessary because I know the end result will be worth the wait. FYI - I've not always been a patient man, but am learning.
Keep up the good work on your boats guys - and let's stay focussed on the positive :D

jasonba1
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
hate people are having trouble and not saying this is the case but I just ordered some vinyl straight from the mfg and they are telling me it will be atleast 4 weeks to get it. THe boating industry is getting almost impossible to get parts becasue of lack of production. So it maybe taken a long time for Jim to get some of the stuff. Hope everything gets better I will go down and talk to Jim on Friday and stress the concerns everyone is having

Fman
04-15-2010, 02:13 PM
hate people are having trouble and not saying this is the case but I just ordered some vinyl straight from the mfg and they are telling me it will be atleast 4 weeks to get it. THe boating industry is getting almost impossible to get parts becasue of lack of production. So it maybe taken a long time for Jim to get some of the stuff. Hope everything gets better I will go down and talk to Jim on Friday and stress the concerns everyone is having

I wonder if it is the boating industry or skiers choice???? every time I try and get something for my boat it is a month long process. It is not rocket science, and not getting a part is one thing, Jim unfortunately has a hard time returning calls to keep people updated on whats going on. A little customer service with good communication can keep things moving in the positive direction. I have sent two emails and two phone calls over the past three days and have heard nothing back :( its making it difficult for me to recommend him to anyone.

jclevoy
04-15-2010, 02:43 PM
I may not be real popular for saying so, but sometimes things take longer than expected and you have to be patient. I do not think that Jim is a dis-honest person and believe that he truly wants to provide the best service that he can, but sometimes things happen that are beyond one's control.
You may be thinking "yeah, that's easy for csuggs to say because he hasn't had to wait past the promise date on his boat yet . . ." That may be true, but I am also prepared to wait longer if necessary because I know the end result will be worth the wait. FYI - I've not always been a patient man, but am learning.
Keep up the good work on your boats guys - and let's stay focussed on the positive :D

Understand though, It is not a situation of being impatient. John has had my boat since February. I knew that it was going to take some time to get the install done, but honestly...........If I had done a better job of having stuff together BEFORE I took him the boat, he could have easily finished the job in less than 2 weeks.

The frustration that I have experienced with Jim at Viper is the communication. Let me know that the whole process will take a week, 3 weeks, 6 weeks.........Whatever the time frame, that is fine. However, don't tell me something is going to be shipped-out today and then ship it almost a week later. Jim had the 3yds of carpet that I needed probably a month before John received it. THAT is where the frustration lies. I realize that the carpet got lost with UPS, and he had to send out a 2nd shipment, but that doesn't cut down on the frustration of the situation.:(

csuggs
04-15-2010, 03:47 PM
I understand . . . .

87SunSportMikeyD
04-15-2010, 03:52 PM
"However, don't tell me something is going to be shipped-out today and then ship it almost a week later. I realize that the carpet got lost with UPS, and he had to send out a 2nd shipment"

Did he ship it out or not? If UPS lost it, he still shipped it on time and should not be blamed.

dusty2221
04-15-2010, 04:12 PM
"However, don't tell me something is going to be shipped-out today and then ship it almost a week later. I realize that the carpet got lost with UPS, and he had to send out a 2nd shipment"

Did he ship it out or not? If UPS lost it, he still shipped it on time and should not be blamed.

Doesn't look like it was on time though, or when he was told it would be shipped.

ssmith
04-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Sure didn't foresee this thread taking off in this direction. Sorry to stir the pot.

csuggs
04-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Scottie -

Your boat is a real beauty! Thanks for bringing the focus of this thread back to it's original focus. I'll bet you can;t wait to out on the water with it! :cool:

ScottnAz
04-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah Scottie, when are you planning on hitting the water?
Why do you turn your board racks inward? Do they clear the seat backs that way when/if you collapse the tower?

jonyb
04-15-2010, 09:48 PM
The problem is shipping what he does have, and keeping in communication with customers. Remember that time you and I went in there? He was supposed to let me know something after I left. I never heard back. Not a big deal because I think it was minor.

I wonder if it is the boating industry or skiers choice???? every time I try and get something for my boat it is a month long process. It is not rocket science, and not getting a part is one thing, Jim unfortunately has a hard time returning calls to keep people updated on whats going on. A little customer service with good communication can keep things moving in the positive direction. I have sent two emails and two phone calls over the past three days and have heard nothing back :( its making it difficult for me to recommend him to anyone.
Sounds real familiar, right? Remember all the ranting I did in the past? This is the same frustration.... I'm still a little frustrated by the way, but that's another story and not related to this thread.

Shipped it, but then a week later it was shipped, then lost, then shipped it, but waited another 3 days. The point is that I have a certain time frame to complete jobs in my shop. I have at least 10 other boats that I've had to complete by boating season and when parts don't come in like they should, it screws up my schedule, and that screws up my life. I still have a full-time job, customers calling daily, and also PM's with tech support questions or general product questions that I try to keep up with. Because I want everyone to by happy, I put more time and effort into the whole process. This week I worked from 10am to 3am 3 days in a row to try and get some things done.

Fman
04-16-2010, 12:24 AM
The part I ordered is nothing I cant live without, and I am sure I am at the bottom of the priority list when it comes to the dollar amount he will make. No biggie, just a little disappointing for me, when I first talked to him I was thinking this was going to be a great contact for future part orders. Maybe when things slow down in the winter this does not happen.

And SSMITH.... sorry to take the focus off your boat mods, as I mentioned earlier they look great!!! you'll have to snap a few shots of it on the water.

jonyb
04-16-2010, 12:50 AM
That shouldn't matter. You sent money, you should receive something in return in a timely manner.

ssmith
04-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Yeah Scottie, when are you planning on hitting the water?
Why do you turn your board racks inward? Do they clear the seat backs that way when/if you collapse the tower?

My first outing is hopefully going to be this coming week:). Water temp at our lake is 58 degrees and air temp has been in the high 70's to low 80's. I will def be wearing a wetsuit...at least a 3/2.

I had a smaller storage bldg last year and had to rotate the racks in to clear the entry. Now I have the larger bldg and its not an issue. So, I just got in the habit of doing it plus.....I sometime haul my boards in the racks and I feel safer with things rotated in. Hopefully if a screw vibrated loose from the racks or some crazy off chance a rack or board fell, they would land in the boat and not on the highway. Probably overkill on the thought process but it takes like 20 seconds to do this. Also, it decreases the chance of hitting something with the racks. There's a small restaurant at the marina, pass by on the way to the ramp, with guttering that is rack high and from the looks of it a few rack have been into it. So it also avoids this problem.