PDA

View Full Version : doing some research

lee
06-14-2004, 10:14 AM
hello all, I'm just doing some research. A group of us are looking to make to make the most of our strong Sterling at the moment (well there has to be something to make living in England worthwhile!) and import a '02 launch ssv. A friend of mine has a contact that has one for sale and is looking for $25K (US) for it, this seem to be good value, but as they say you get what you pay for. Is this a about right in terms of cost?

Also what should we look out for on these in terms of potential problems, I know that the boat works quite hard its always fully weighted up with the onboard system and extra sandbags giving a monster wake (so they have said) are the engine, gearbox and drives on these tough enough to take the 'non standard' levels of weight?

Any feedback would be apreciated as I know nothing about the 'Supra' marque, and even less about this particular model.

cheers

lee

delbert
06-15-2004, 11:47 AM
I believe $25k for a 2002 Launch SSV is a GREAT price!! I would definately get more information on the condition, hours, options, maintenance, cost to ship...

If you decide not to buy let me know. I would be interested in an SSV for that price.
Email: [email protected]

Brian

jflock2
06-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Definatley look at the boat more closely. For what it's worth, I have an '02 with over 400 hours on it with no mechanical problems. Supra makes a good boat - make sure it has been maintained properly.