PDA

View Full Version : Phishing Scam Spreading

Ed G
04-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Got this email from OnlyInboards.com a few minutes ago.

Apparently the phishing dork that has sent the PM to a lot of you, is now trying to make folks believe that it is coming from onlyinboards.

It's definetly not.

Dear Ed,

Over the last week someone has been emailing out to our members an email that says "There is a problem with your account" or something to that affect. It then prompts you to login to what looks like an OnlyInboards page. Unfortunately this is not an OnlyInboards page and the result of users logging in on that page is their usernames and passwords have been stolen. What the scammers have done is gone into existing accounts and modified the boat listings and contact info in order to attempt to sucker unwilling buyers into their fraud and rip them off.

PLEASE if you ever get an email like this, CALL us first before entering your info. We NEVER have sent an email like this to any of our members. If you happened to respond to this phishing email please log back into your account and check your ad for authenticity and you should also change your password.

I'm very sorry about this. Unfortunately as the site grows we become a bigger target for scammers. I am doing my best to stay on top of it.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] or call 877-757-2628

Regards

Ian Brown
OnlyInboards.com

This message was sent to you by:
OnlyInboards.com
2296 Forest Reed Pl
LeClaire, IA 52753