PDA

View Full Version : Prop - OJ466 14.25X14 activewake.com

scotthons
04-22-2010, 10:35 AM
I just ordered the OJ 466 Wakeboard Prop 14.25 X 14. The cheapest I could find it was from activewake.com for $499.99 with free ground shipping. I just wanted to share this if anyone else was looking. I had a quote from a few different dealers and they were asking $725.

Matt Laird
04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Replay when you recieve it... That sounds almost too good to be true...

zalamander
04-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Glad you brought this up. I am looking for a new prop for my '90 SunSport. I belive that the one I have on there is a 14"x14". The boat has a nice top end, but no hole shot and takes too long (IMO) to plane out. In my '82 MC S&S I had a 14"x13" prop and that boat had top end of 30-35 and a hole shot like a beast. I know the Sunsport is a larger Hull and therefore heavier, but I go to the prop sites, and I am confused by the mass amts of info. Does anyone have any recommendations. I live @ 5000ft elevation, and I am looking for better hole shot & plane, not worried about top end, but would be nice to go at least 30-35 again. Ooh and I mainly wakeboard and Surf.
Thanks in advance,
~Z~

scotthons
04-22-2010, 11:08 AM
From all the research I did this is supposed to be a great prop for high elevation. The lake we go is at 6,100 ft of elevation. I took the boat out last weekend for the first time and it had a terrible hole shot with the prop on it. It had the 13 X 17.5. I may be wrong, but I would have figured the 14 pitch prop you have on their currently would work well.

Diggs
04-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Scott,
That is the prop that you want and AWS is a great place to deal with. They are local here in Portland, so if you need me to check anything out or grab anything from there for you, let me know.

scotthons
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Thanks Diggs! I was speaking with AWS in Mesa, AZ and I asked them if they wanted to match the price, but I never heard back. I kinda wanted to get this thing here ASAP so we have it for our next trip out.

ssmith
04-22-2010, 12:03 PM
I think you did good. Here is a quote from Eric Johnson @ OJ props....

"At the higher elevation the 14.25 X 14 should work a little better than the 14.25 X 14.5. I also have a 14.75 X 13 LC 1 1/8" 4-blade that would work well at the higher elevation too. Run the 13 on boats that run over 4000 pounds of ballast."

iwakeboard
04-22-2010, 12:52 PM
That's the prop I have on my 24SSV and it's fantastic, my top speed is like 39mph but it works :D

Diggs
04-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Scott,
Yeah I meant AWS here in Portland. Which is Active Water Sports.

Diggs
04-22-2010, 01:17 PM
This prop will help big time with slow hole shot, but also the boat likes weight up front. When you load the front bag make sure you go to the front of the bag and unscrew the cap and burp it. They tend to fill up with lots of air and you think the bags are full, but they have tons of air in them. That might be part of your hole shot problem....

scotthons
04-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I will give that a shot next time with bags. That makes sense. We had 3 people in the boat including the driver. I had two people move to the bow to get it on plane, but it still took awhile. I am excited to get the new prop on as that was the only problem I noticed with the boat, but I kind of expected it anyways.

The only other thing I did not care for was the fact I could not get my wife's board to fit on the rack. It is a small board (128) and a narrow stance so the forks of the rack would not fit in between the bindings.

iwakeboard
04-22-2010, 01:35 PM
This prop will help big time with slow hole shot, but also the boat likes weight up front. When you load the front bag make sure you go to the front of the bag and unscrew the cap and burp it. They tend to fill up with lots of air and you think the bags are full, but they have tons of air in them. That might be part of your hole shot problem....

Very true, I burp whenever I notice the bow cushion popping up in the center of the bow.

KG's Supra24
04-22-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm thinking i may need to upgrade my prop before the summer is over. Sounds like everyone who does it loves it.

I bought extra racks from Monster which are adjustable. They are low cost and look good. Mounted above the stock racks. My wife also has a 128 and i adjusted the monster rack to fit hers so it works out pretty good.

LloydP
04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
I upgraded to that prop 2 years ago on my 21V. My mechanic looked at me after he installed it, and said "now it's a tractor". He wasn't kidding. Really big difference on hole shot, regardless of how loaded the boat is.

scotthons
04-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Replay when you recieve it... That sounds almost too good to be true...

Matt, I guess you were right about it sounding too good to be true. So I get my Prop delivered yesterday. Free ground shipping and it took about a week which was fine except they sent me the wrong prop. They sent an OJ 14.25 X 14.5 brass prop. I contacted the guys at AWS (activewake.com or Active Water Sports) and followed up again this morning and they confirmed that OJ had sent them the wrong props. So now they are following up with OJ to see if they can ship the correct one directly to me. I have not heard back, but I would like to get this before next weekend. Thankfully the weather is shot this weekend or I would be little more bummed.

thesack
04-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Sounds like they may have sent you the new fusion prop. Its suppose to have a better hole shot then the 14.25X14 and over all be a better wakeboard prop. You might want to see if you can try it out before returning it.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Check the nettles group buy thread, JT mentions the FUSION as a brand new prop - assuming it fits ok and the bunks on your trailer won't hit it (someone else mentioned this), then this should be a better prop.

scotthons
04-29-2010, 06:02 PM
So it could actually work out in my favor...and here I am complaining...:-D

Diggs
04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I have the new fusion prop and I want to test the old 14 x 14.25 prop to see what the difference is. I think I liked the 14x14.25 on my old boat better, but can't really tell you until I try the old one too.... I am running less weight this year and for some reason feel like I have less hole shot, but not sure that is accurate until I can test both of them... not sure i will get around to it, but I hope too....