PDA

View Full Version : Need Assistance-Minor issues

hckyman37
04-22-2010, 05:33 PM
I am having some minor issues with my 2007 24v:

1)Trim will not work-stuck in the up position. Tried killing all power and starting the boat again, no avail. Any suggestions?

2)Stereo-I bought a KCA-P500 adapter to work with my Kenwood head unit. I plug it in and plug my iPod in and cannot seem to change the source on the head unit to find the iPod. Also the iPod will only read Kenwood across the front of the display saying click ok to disconnect.

3) Board racks- I believe these are the standard ones that come with the boat. The manual says that they shoudl swivel but I cannot seem to make them operate correctly. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!!!!

kodybyron
04-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Trim- i would think its electrical. check your 12v wire for an inline fuse. And check that you have a good ground. Is this a wake plate? or a true trim? you have a v drive so i think your talking about your hydraulic wake plate system prolly by Bennett.?

ScottnAz
04-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Kenwood KCA_iP500 Compatibility:

• iPod (The 3rd generation model)
• iPod (The 4th generation model)
• iPod (The 5th generation model)
• iPod mini
• iPod photo
• iPod nano(The 1st generation model)
• iPod nano(The 2nd generation model)
• iPod nano(The 3rd generation model)
• iPod nano(The 4th generation model)
• iPod classic
• iPod touch(The 1st generation model)
• iPod touch(The 2nd generation model)

The battery of the following iPod cannot be charged during connection.
• iPod touch iThe 2nd generation model)
• iPod nano (The 4th generation model)

Before connecting KCA-iP500 to KW control unit,please make sure your iPod's software is updated to the latest version which are possible to download from APPLE OFFICIAL WEBSITE.
If the software is not updated,connection problem with KCA-iP500 may happen, and the Control unit may not properly playback music files from your iPod.

ScottnAz
04-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Can you post a picture of your board racks?

Fman
04-22-2010, 08:39 PM
To swivel...

Should be a button on the bottom of the rack, press it in with the palm of your hand and it will release the swivel mechanism. There have been a lot of problems with those racks, they begin to let loose and wobble all over the place. If you contact Roswell they will send you a much better pin-style for $100. Well worh the $$$, much better and easier to use.

hckyman37
04-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Here are the board rack pics.....

tg0824SSVGG
04-22-2010, 10:13 PM
That black rubber thing on the bottom ... push up on it, it will release the swivel.

hckyman37
04-24-2010, 02:13 PM
I tried to push the large black rubber circle with the Supra emblom on it and to avial the rack will not swivel. I must be doing something wrong because I am having the same issue on both racks(very frustrating).
Finally got both racks to work!!! As indicated by ssmith they were ultra stiff. I
As for the iPod how do I change the source on the head unit? All can manage to do is change from FM1, FM2, FM3, and AM. I tried both a iPod 3generation and a nano 4th generation.
Got this work momentarily; now it will not work again. The HU doesn't seem to reconize the KCA-P500. I may just try and get a generic aux line and see how that goes. I know the source is working because I has CD playing and it was easy to switch back and forth. At least I know it worked and can be done a again.

Does anyone have any idea as to where the 12v line and breaker for the trim would be located for this?
Found the pop fuse and once fixed the trim worked fine.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions

ssmith
04-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Yes, you should be pushing up on the large black rubber piece with the palm of your hand. Mine were really stiff and hard over the winter and I had to get rough with it. I have a 2005 model. I think it would be odd that neither would work.

Stereo: I just have a line for AUX coming from the rear of the HU that plugs into the itouch. I change the input by pushing the large button located in the center of the wheel on the front left side of the HU. Keep pushing the button to change the source.