PDA

View Full Version : Battery Selector Position

Fman
04-22-2010, 09:19 PM
I have Off, 1, 2, and 1&2 on my battery selector. I always leave it on 1 and have never had any problems. Is this correct or should I be switching to 2 every now and then? And when would you use 1&2?

Thanks...

Gravity08
04-22-2010, 09:22 PM
If you have the dual VSR. The relay will change the batts being charged.

1 = charges batt one until reaches a certain voltage then parallels the batteries to charge both

2= charges batt two until reaches a certain voltage then parallels the batts to charge both

1+2= switch parallels the batts and charges both.

docdrs
04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
but at 1+2 they both drain. you want to keep it on the battery that starts your boat so it is always charged first. when your done at the end of the day take a digital voltmeter and with everything off check the volt on your batteries. use the table in here to determine the status of your 2 battery( Stereo)

http://www.wholesalesolar.com/pdf.folder/Download%20folder/battery_maint.pdf

page 2

if you don't have a vsr then you are going to kill your 2 battery......even still if your tune a lot you may need to shore charge your 2 battery after a long day

JoHNI_T
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM
so if he uses 1 all the time and it was to go dead, you switch to 2 and start the boat and it will start charging??? there fore a guy is safe if the radio drains the batt?? does it matter 1 or 2 to runn all the time?? sorry sounds stupid but just confirming my Moomba only had a single batt and not much audio, I just picked up my first Supra 2006 22SSV it has the switch but only 1 battery so I plan on getting the second batt. cant wait to get it wet:cool:

beast 496
04-22-2010, 11:42 PM
This only depends on how the installer wired the unit switch. I have seen so many misswired, missing auto relay's or isolators. I have seen so called professional installers and marina's which do not know how to wire properly dual battery's Al

Fman
04-23-2010, 01:23 AM
I have the dual battery set up that came with the boat from the factory. Not sure if this is the VSR setup? After reading the posts, sounds like leaving it on 1 is the correct setting? and if battery 1 went dead, I could switch to 2.

Yea or nea?

Fman
04-23-2010, 01:24 AM
so if he uses 1 all the time and it was to go dead, you switch to 2 and start the boat and it will start charging??? there fore a guy is safe if the radio drains the batt?? does it matter 1 or 2 to runn all the time?? sorry sounds stupid but just confirming my Moomba only had a single batt and not much audio, I just picked up my first Supra 2006 22SSV it has the switch but only 1 battery so I plan on getting the second batt. cant wait to get it wet:cool:

Congrats on your new 22SSV, how bout some pics?

Gravity08
04-23-2010, 12:21 PM
If yours was wired like mine yes. Unless youu had it 1+2 and were draining both at the same time.

docdrs
04-23-2010, 05:28 PM
post a pic Fman.

jonyb
04-23-2010, 06:18 PM
But also realize that the alternator never "charges" a battery like it should be.

JoHNI_T
04-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Congrats on your new 22SSV, how bout some pics?

hey thanks fman some pics to come, its been covered for 2 months now, I will be bringing in to the shop here this weekend to get it ready,,,

I do have a pic when I got it home, 1.5hour drive in late feb and not one drop of dirt or water on the road,, meant to be lol,,

p.s.I am thinking of taking off the launch decals and doing the 2010 look with the Supra logo and the keltic flame thingy.... just getting a price,

JoHNI_T
04-26-2010, 05:02 PM
why my pics so little??

sorry for the high jack lol

docdrs
04-26-2010, 09:58 PM
cause your just a junior member :) http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/docdrs/Supra%2021v/boatsnowing.jpg

just kidding, I use photobucket

Fman
04-27-2010, 01:24 AM
John,

Nice looking ride, it always cracks me up seeing snow on the ground with a wakeboard boat. Guess thats what happens when you live in California.

JoHNI_T
04-27-2010, 02:42 PM
cause your just a junior member :) http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/docdrs/Supra%2021v/boatsnowing.jpg

just kidding, I use photobucket

lol,, thats what I was thinking,,,

I grew up in Newmarket Ontario... where you from? I miss all the water in Ontario, spent lots of time in midland, wasaga, etc...

John,

Nice looking ride, it always cracks me up seeing snow on the ground with a wakeboard boat. Guess thats what happens when you live in California.

I have been surfing with snow/ice on shore lol... good old snow... I love backcountry snowmobiling so its ok,,, this weekend I want to surf on saturday and go sled on sun... I will post pics...

good thing for dry suits