PDA

View Full Version : 2k9 21v wake really . . . rampy

venom93corba
04-23-2010, 04:32 PM
So far this year I've been behind my buddies 2k9 Centurion w/ 750's in the rear and a 400 up front ( I know not the best set up ). I've ridden behind it about 4 times so far and have gotten used to it. But today i went behind mine for the first time this year and it was totally different then his. I just had stock ballast, 400's in the rear and a 650 up front that didn't fill completely. It was really rampy and hard to charge. What do you guys suggest to not make it not so steep? I like the size of it but it just seems to have a wicked lip. Any thoughts or do I just need to man up?

saltare inverts
04-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Normally the more rear weight you have the more rampy your wake will be. Through my experience if you drop the rear weight and add some front it will make boat ride flatter and make a phatter wake with longer transitions.

OneCent
04-23-2010, 05:08 PM
have you tried to make a Wakesurf Wake?

venom93corba
04-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Yeah just tried to make a wake surf today just to see what it would look like. We started with full LR and FRT ballast then emptied the FRT. It did look rampier with just the rear ballast.

Fman
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
So far this year I've been behind my buddies 2k9 Centurion w/ 750's in the rear and a 400 up front ( I know not the best set up ). I've ridden behind it about 4 times so far and have gotten used to it. But today i went behind mine for the first time this year and it was totally different then his. I just had stock ballast, 400's in the rear and a 650 up front that didn't fill completely. It was really rampy and hard to charge. What do you guys suggest to not make it not so steep? I like the size of it but it just seems to have a wicked lip. Any thoughts or do I just need to man up?

I have the 22V, I would recommend putting your wakeplate all the way down, this should take some of the high lip off the wake. Also as others mentioned, the more rear weight you have the steeper the wake will be. Try completely filling the front and 30% in the rear bags and build from there. Also depending on how many people are in the boat also plays into the waek size/shape. You should be able to get it shaped to your liking with a little trial and error.

iwakeboard
04-25-2010, 11:34 AM
That's kind of what the 21v is known for, a really steep wake. I absolutely love it and I think it makes wakeboarding in general easier, you can charge it and it'll boot you. You can add more weight to the bow to offset the steepness, but it's sort of like putting a Ferrari body over a Lamborghini, no matter what you do to decorate it you can only do so much to change what you have. Personally, I wish I could get my 24v wake to be a little more steep :D

venom93corba
04-25-2010, 01:43 PM
I just got used to my buddies wake, not as steep. I never dialed it in from last year I just always filled everything. I guess it now time to dial

saltare inverts
04-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Just switch to a slalom ski.