PDA

View Full Version : Front Ballast Hose Route

ProZach415
04-23-2010, 07:41 PM
When replacing my steering cable I noticed that my front ballast hose is being smashed by the floor panel. There is only one passage into the the ski locker where the ballast is located and the hose you can see in the picture is routed to the left over the top of the gas tank and then through that passage. The route you see the steering cable and others running to the right would be a great way to continue running the ballast hose except there is no passage into the ski locker over there. I would like to re route my ballast hose so that it is being used to its full potential but there is no other room to run it that i can find...

Is my ballast hose run the correct route?

Any ideas how to resolve this?

I have a 2005 Launch 21v.

docdrs
04-23-2010, 09:02 PM
your hose is too short. cut at kink and splice a piece between

ScottnAz
04-23-2010, 10:47 PM
I removed the floor panel, peeled back the carpet a bit, then cut out the area of the floor panel flange that was crushing the ballast hoses', and re-glued that area of the carpet.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo-35.jpg

ProZach415
04-25-2010, 07:04 PM
There is plenty of hose that I can move it around but there is no where else to run the hose to get it to the ski locker that I can find. I do plan to replace the hose when I fix this. Thanks for the suggestion doc.

ProZach415
04-25-2010, 07:08 PM
WoW! That looks great Scott! I like the idea and am going to do that now. I still feel this isn't the correct way the hose should be routed... are all boats like mine done this way?