PDA

View Full Version : I make poor life decisions

iwakeboard
04-25-2010, 11:26 PM
So, wife wanted to go to the lake today, I thought it'd be a good idea. Wasn't. Wind was kicking like crazy, never seen it like that before, made it nearly impossible to load. Finally got it on but the brief amount of time that I had it half loaded on the trailer the water beat the living hell out of the boat breaking a bunker and scratching up my boat. Also, in the same set of events, my winch broke and wouldn't crank the boat up the rest of the way (thankfully just 6 inches from the boat buddy so I could tow). Worst of all, also lost my wedding band during all the insanity. Rough, rough day.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs475.ash1/26022_805854449155_9403317_45070446_3956683_n.jpg

mapleleaf
04-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Sorry to hear that, those moments suck. My boat went over my trailer loading in on a rough day and took my drivers side guide pole horizontal, still have to get it welded...
Lost my wedding band the day after I was married body surfing in the bahamas.....
I feel your pain......

iwakeboard
04-25-2010, 11:40 PM
There were some mid-40's guys who rolled up in a golf cart and parked to watch me fight the waters, smiles all over their faces. I lost one of my guide pole covers and I wasn't going to just let it go so I jumped in and swam for it. As I was coming out of the water with it they were literally laughing at me, I gave them a piece of my mind and they rolled on. I was fortunate not to have broken my guide pole, they were the only thing that saved my boat today.

saltare inverts
04-26-2010, 12:07 AM
May have been a bad day but what a great story. Forget how bad it was and tell the story over and over for laughs. Soon it will be funny to you also. It is to me, :mrgreen:

iwakeboard
04-26-2010, 12:10 AM
May have been a bad day but what a great story. Forget how bad it was and tell the story over and over for laughs. Soon it will be funny to you also. It is to me, :mrgreen:

I told my wife the same thing, she found it hard to laugh about, she was pretty upset about the ring. Hoping to get the trailer fixed this coming week so when my semester is over on May 6th I can lake it up.

KY Steve
04-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Sorry to hear that, we've all had those days. Main thing is that no one got hurt.

Just curious.....in the picture is that a spacer between the bracket and missing bunk that the bolt is sticking through?

saltare inverts
04-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Ive had two people lose their wedding rings on my boat. I hate that feeling. Now I ask everyone to take off their rings and I have a special spot to store them. Another good reason to take rings off, the tear up wakeboarding handles real fast. Tell you are sad that you lost the ring but that your eternal love for her cannot be lost.

iwakeboard
04-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Sorry to hear that, we've all had those days. Main thing is that no one got hurt.

Just curious.....in the picture is that a spacer between the bracket and missing bunk that the bolt is sticking through?

Looks something like that, I'm not 100% sure, didn't get in there and look up close.

KY Steve
04-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Looks something like that, I'm not 100% sure, didn't get in there and look up close.

That could be why your bunks came off if they did not use longer lag bolts when the spacers were installed. I know others with the 24's have had issues with the bow stop being too high. The fix from Boatmate is to lower the bow stop or add spacers to the front bunks. I cut the bow stop down myself and the boat sits much better.

This year I am going to replace the lag bolts with thru bolts along with new carpet.

Matt Laird
04-26-2010, 11:08 AM
I didn't talk to Boatmate before I changed my configuration, I didnt know spacers were avalable... I just used 4x6s with new carpet... (and longer lag bolts of course)

zalamander
04-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear that... I know your pain!
Best of luck to you!

jzelt
04-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Our first time or second time launching, driver (read not me,but I was why we got back later than planned to maximize time on the water) put the trailer in too deep at night and our one pad floated off the guide.

Went back the next day and found it on shore.

On the bottom of the pad cover has an elastic string that goes around it sewin in. We took a small bungee cord with the little metal clip. I tightened the one end around the elastic with pliers so it became a closed loop. The other open end we fasten to the bottom of the trailer and it works awesome at keeping the covers on the pole. We disconnect it from the trailer at the top of the ramp when we are strapping it down.

Pic before bungee attached...

https://forum.supraboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2508&stc=1&d=1272302670

RanceOU
04-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Dang dude that sucks. I looks like we have more crappy weather coming this weekend so you won’t be missing anything. Let me know if you need any help.

scotthons
04-26-2010, 03:46 PM
That blows. There will be many more awesome days this year and you won't even remember this one ever taking place.

JoHNI_T
04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
sorry about your day,, Had my brand new moomba out early season 4 years ago and the water was so low we had to back the trailer in real far so it was on a bad angle, I came in a tad to fast and the nose hits the winch, 2 nice gouges on my first day dang it......

thoose bastages in the golf cart,,,, its funny watching newbies do their thing but in crazy winds people should help each other.....

In the wind I leave the trailer a bit further out of water like to the rubber on the tires,, I come in a bit fast so I dont get blown around quick blip in reverse and right up to the nose....

iwakeboard
05-03-2010, 10:58 AM
John, it's funny you say that, I too nicked the nose of my boat on the trailer just below the winch. Dropped the trailer off at Boatmate today and apparently it cracked the weld that props up the boat buddy :( Jerry is going to take good care of her, fixing my bunk and everything else that I managed to break on the trailer :( With any luck I'll get her back this coming weekend after finals.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I think everyone has come in 'a little hot' at lease once before! I banged into my front guidepost which is metal and put a couple cracks around my rubrail...DOH but at least it's not fiberglass hehe. Dont worry iwb, getting stranded happens to us all. Have given help and received it countless times. I have commandered empty boat lifts, used peoples phones, even gotten car rides from random houses, not to mention tows home. :) On a river you learn to THROW THE ANCHOR! Also adds an extra bit of stress when the dam comes into sight heheheheh!!! Ahhhhh!@!

Have also learned to bring extra alt belts and I try to bring a car battery-pack jumper just in case.

wotan2525
05-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Our first time or second time launching, driver (read not me,but I was why we got back later than planned to maximize time on the water) put the trailer in too deep at night and our one pad floated off the guide.

Went back the next day and found it on shore.

On the bottom of the pad cover has an elastic string that goes around it sewin in. We took a small bungee cord with the little metal clip. I tightened the one end around the elastic with pliers so it became a closed loop. The other open end we fasten to the bottom of the trailer and it works awesome at keeping the covers on the pole. We disconnect it from the trailer at the top of the ramp when we are strapping it down.

Pic before bungee attached...

https://forum.supraboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2508&stc=1&d=1272302670

I'm realizing I'm totally confused about this. I had some really old, beat up MasterCraft pads on my trailer (how embarassing!) -- I was sick of them floating off so I just went ahead and added some adhesive to the poles before I slipped them over. Problems no more.

Now, however, I just ordered some new Supra pads -- should I not just go ahead and glue them to the guide poles? Who needs them to float away??

iwakeboard
05-03-2010, 03:10 PM
It tricked me the first time they floated up on me, I didn't realize they were floating for some reason (common sense fail) and leaned over the side of the boat putting my weight on what I thought was a guide pole (so I could push the boat to the center of the trailer) and took a nice spill into the lake, one truck beeper down :(

87SunSportMikeyD
05-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Oh sad! But that is pretty funny! :) One of my buddies walked right off the end of the dock trying to tie up the boat hehehe

KG's Supra24
05-03-2010, 05:45 PM
leaned over the side of the boat putting my weight on what I thought was a guide pole (so I could push the boat to the center of the trailer) and took a nice spill into the lake, one truck beeper down :(

You do make poor life decisions! Haha .. would have loved to seen that.

RanceOU
05-03-2010, 08:14 PM
It tricked me the first time they floated up on me, I didn't realize they were floating for some reason (common sense fail) and leaned over the side of the boat putting my weight on what I thought was a guide pole (so I could push the boat to the center of the trailer) and took a nice spill into the lake, one truck beeper down :(

I am bringing the video camera next time we go out, you might as well make some money off your poor decisions lol! I brused my ribs that day we met up so maybe we are just getting it out of the way early this year.

iwakeboard
05-03-2010, 10:24 PM
I am bringing the video camera next time we go out, you might as well make some money off your poor decisions lol! I brused my ribs that day we met up so maybe we are just getting it out of the way early this year.

No good man! I did something to my knee but I seem to be recovering well, helps that I'm in school all week and not working it out.

JoHNI_T
05-04-2010, 03:19 PM

that there is very funny,,, now that you are dry. what kind of remote do ya need for the truck I have a box of them here at work?

Oh sad! But that is pretty funny! :) One of my buddies walked right off the end of the dock trying to tie up the boat hehehe

doh I have done the same thing,,, talking to a buddy and I walked right off the edge of the dock,, man what a shocker...

bahahaha I am still laughing

iwakeboard
05-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Got her back today!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs538.ash1/31524_813073072975_9403317_45291098_2566276_n.jpg

RanceOU
05-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Sweet, Are you heading out to Wild Wings tonight for the rail jam? I will be driving one of the jet ski's for a bit. Shawn watson is going to stop by at some point, you should check it out.

iwakeboard
05-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Dude, I'm going to be at alot of those this season but I was practicing last night, I'm playing an acoustic show tonight (weather permitting) at Stephen's Deli down by the Marina in LC. Ryan Jones and I are going to be jamming out some music at Wild Wings this season. How was the rail jam? Pretty packed I'm assuming?

87SunSportMikeyD
05-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Luckies!!!

RanceOU
05-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Dude, I'm going to be at alot of those this season but I was practicing last night, I'm playing an acoustic show tonight (weather permitting) at Stephen's Deli down by the Marina in LC. Ryan Jones and I are going to be jamming out some music at Wild Wings this season. How was the rail jam? Pretty packed I'm assuming?

Yea it was crazy packed last night. Shawn didn't end up riding at the rail jam but he hung out for awhile. They hooked me up with spot on his boat this morning. I am going o post some picks of him riding in a bit. Hey let me know when/where your playing so i can come support.

iwakeboard
05-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Rance, thanks for the call yesterday, sorry I couldn't make it out. Wife made dinner plans with some friends and I was committed, haha.

mistyvandever
06-06-2010, 04:32 PM
My initial wedding ring was an expensive platinum/gold job. After I lost it the next one I bought was a $32 titanium one. After I lost it I got a $22 Tungsten one (my favorite by the way). Point is, buy a cheap ring that can be replaced (put your expensive one in a safe place if you still have it)