PDA

View Full Version : Wake Plate Trim Not Working

SupraTamu
04-26-2010, 08:39 AM
I have a 2008 24SSV Gravity Games Edition boat and am going to take the boat back to the dealer for the third time to fix the wake plate trim swith. I have been out on the boat three times and each time I am unable to adjust the wake plate. I have had it in twice to be fixed and each time I get in the water it does not work. The last time I went in to have it fixed I believe the rplaced the relay or the switch and it worked but once we put it in the water it did not opreate. Anybody have any ideas or do I have something set wrong?

kodybyron
04-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Yes, i had the same problem. Check 3 things.
Check you ground. mine was not grounded properly and fix the problem this weekend!
check the quick connector at the pump
check your fluid level

you should have a bennett system they are VERY helpful the best customer service i have EVER seen! go to the website and click the troubleshoot for the part you think is not working http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/techhome.php

do you hear any noise from your pump? if not there is also a 12v fuse that may be blown in your 12v wiring to your helm rocker switch.

hope this helps i have been fighting with mine for a month, finally re grounded the pump and TA DA! we are boardin agian!

87SunSportMikeyD
04-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Kody great to hear you got yours working!! Arent the Bennett people great? wow

SupraTamu
04-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the information I will check it out and see if I can figure it out.

SupraTamu
04-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Kody,
I hear no noise from pump or anything. I will check the fuse to see if it is blown. I did print out the information on the website to use to see if grounded correcty. The fluid is fine.

kodybyron
04-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Kody,
I hear no noise from pump or anything. I will check the fuse to see if it is blown. I did print out the information on the website to use to see if grounded correcty. The fluid is fine.

then its either you ground or your fuse. i cut my ground off and tapped into my ground on under my pole light connection/holder. they ground these usually at a engine mount (way down deep under engine) water sits there and rusts away at the ground. id say cut your wire as far down to the engine mount as possible and re ground to a good solid metal non painted surface. this should fix it. also take a test light and test your rocker switch if your getting power at your switch then your fuse is good. (i chased my wire everywhere and couldnt find the 12v fuse) this will save you time!
shoot pm me if you need more assistance and your by the boat ill send you my phone number and ill talk you threw it.

SupraTamu
04-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Kody thanks for the advice I will check it out friday evening when I go to the storage unit and see if I can track down the problem. I talked with the dealership and they made the same comment that it sounds like a loose connection or that it could be grounded incorrectly. I think it is a loose connection for it worked when it was on the trailer in the storage unit but as soon as you get on the water and get to the location you want to wake board it would not work so sounds like something was jared loose. I had a 33' baja that had twin engines and one of the engines would cut out and die periodically and finally found a loose wire was the issue. If I can not find the loose wire I will take it to the dealership to fix for it is still under warranty. Thanks for response.

SupraTamu
05-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Well I got the wake plate working friday night. It ended up being a lose fuse so pulled the fuse out and took some needle nose pliers and tightened the connector, and this worked. Did not get out on the water so will have to see if it wiggles lose again.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-03-2010, 02:27 PM
AWESOME! Great to hear.

jaywidhalm
05-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Good to here!! Was this the fuse behind the steering wheel under the dash or was it located somewhere else?

kodybyron
05-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Ya! i gotta know this..its been driving me NuTz!