PDA

View Full Version : Roswell Replacement Parts

ProZach415
04-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Anoyone have a good source for getting replacement parts for Roswell Wakeboard Racks and such at good prices?

I have a 2005 21V and broke the strap and cargo net on the wakeboard rack.

Matt Laird
04-28-2010, 02:46 PM
I got 2 from roswell for like $15 each,
Also I got new swivels free, the 05-07 had the 3point swivels that were junk

ScottnAz
04-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Yep, straight from Roswell. They sent me (2) replacement straps free of charge. Great company to work with. Now I just need to talk to them about my swivels.

http://www.roswellwakeair.com/

LloydP
04-28-2010, 03:01 PM
You can contact them directly, but they are slow to reply these days. I broke one of my straps and emailed them - didn't get a reply for 2 weeks. They said they would send them out, and only asked for my address.

ProZach415
04-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the prompt responces. I called and spoke to Ryan. He charged me $25 for each! Much better than my local dealer $48 but not as good as you guys have done in the past...

dusty2221
04-28-2010, 04:40 PM
I paid $15 for a set of two new straps and $100 for the new style swivels

ProZach415
04-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Direct from Roswell?

dusty2221
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Yes, directly from them.

JoHNI_T
05-10-2010, 10:14 PM
sweet I was wondering what to do with mine, one of my straps is done as well.

Heck roswell is only a few hours from me, I just e-mailed them for the new straps thx guys.

I am not used to seeing anythying to do with boats up here in Canada especialy in Alberta.

JoHNI_T
05-11-2010, 01:28 PM
I e-mailed last night an boom response first thing this a.m. thats great service.

I have 2 new straps coming and 2 screws for my mirror and I am getting a price on the C4 light bar.

Anyone have the lightbar? Is it bright enough to do a bit of dusk/ night riding? or not really

it doesnt get dark until after 10 here but thats when my lake goes to glass so it would be nice for a late pull on the wakeboard.

thumbs up to roswell from me!!!

blaze5012
05-19-2010, 11:04 PM
It really depends on what you define as bright enough. I used the light bar to wakeboard at night last year and it really only lights up directly behind the boat. You cant see at all outside of the wake. When we did it, we used a bunch of glow sticks so you could see where the rider was when they fell. This worked well but I wouldnt reccommend riding at night unless you really want to do it.
________
Honda VF750C (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_VF750C)

hckyman37
05-28-2010, 10:56 PM
I just contacted Roswell and they said that the straps were $26 each and replacement swivels were $150 each. The price seems to be determined on the mood of the individual responding.

LloydP
06-01-2010, 07:40 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I was also told that the swivels would be $150. Before your post, I was sort of wondering why the price I was given was higher than what everyone else said!

hckyman37
06-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Honestly I think they were just probably tired of giving free things away. I just wish they would contact me back with the order form.

Fman
06-02-2010, 11:20 PM
They probably had a price increase on 2010, could be a material/production increase they have to pass along to the consumer. At $150 I doubt they are making any profit off them. Although, those push button design swivels are terrrrible.... a freebie would be justified, but I have a feeling with the condition of the boating industry they are struggling right now and cant afford to give away free items.

LloydP
10-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Was able to get the new swivels installed this weekend. They are a great improvement from the original. Very little play in the new ones. It was totally worth $150. I am very pleased.

foxer720
04-04-2011, 05:10 PM
FYI, I just contacted Roswell and was told that $150 is the warranty price and they are only honoring that price for 08' and newer. They're trying to charge me $190 for EACH :(

EDIT: Contacted Scott at Roswell. They are extending the $150 warranty price to me. I'm a happy boater again.

jet
05-15-2011, 12:15 PM
My crew and even my wife board at night..Its never crowded!! lol. My buddy bought his boat and it had a small light bar on it, and once late in the day the water was so nice that we wanted to stay later so we hit the lights and kept going and that started a new trend. I would have to say that geoff, laura and myself were hardcore at the end of last year. We had this one DREAM night in June..the wind was at 3-4 mph, it was a bit cloudy and the sun went down and everything got still. So we rested for 30 mins, hit the light bar and started taking runs again from like 9:00-11:30 non-stop! It was so still that you couldn't see the surface or your landings anymore. Yes you do have to use the force to land sometimes but that just makes it a little more exciting. I still dream about that June night alot! It was like a warm knife going through soft budda'. Mmm..feel it! Yeah, it was that good, those are the days of riding that stick with you. I loved it so much I bought a 5-light light bar for mine, and got to use it one time last year and now Im pulling it to make room for my new Roswell bar and Krypts. I might have to modfi the 3-lights on there for some more night riding. Oh, its usually on full moon nights also, so you can usually see even without the lights. Anybody want to buy a light bar?? lol

Salazar
10-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Was able to get the new swivels installed this weekend. They are a great improvement from the original. Very little play in the new ones. It was totally worth $150. I am very pleased.

I just spoke to mike with Roswell, and they told me to contact my dealer, and there was nothing they could do for me. I dont understand it, my boat has barely 275 hrs on it, and most of the hours are from just hanging out with the Family, and not even using the board racks. The racks are froze up due their poor design, and they charge $$ of money for them ,and there's really nothing they can due for me. Its going to be really hard for me to buy their products moving forward.

Sluggo
10-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Ouch. I guess they can't offer the deals they did for some of us forever, but I paid for the upgrade to the push from underneath upgrade from my stock 05 setup, then after those started coming loose Scott took care of me with upgrades to the single pin style. Might we worth talking to Scott? I believe he is in their Florida office.

Salazar
10-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Ouch. I guess they can't offer the deals they did for some of us forever, but I paid for the upgrade to the push from underneath upgrade from my stock 05 setup, then after those started coming loose Scott took care of me with upgrades to the single pin style. Might we worth talking to Scott? I believe he is in their Florida office.

Yeah not happy at all....

rkmfl
10-25-2011, 10:49 AM
I paid for the upgrade to the push from underneath upgrade from my stock 05 setup, then after those started coming loose Scott took care of me with upgrades to the single pin style

@Sluggo,
I also have a 2005 Supra that I had purchased used, and the wakeboard pivots use a single pin that drops-in from the top.

Based on what you posted, it sounds like this may be the newer style pivot, and the owners may have upgraded this? Or is the top-pin the original/stock pivot, and the new one that people are purchasing is different in some other way?

Thank you!

Sluggo
10-25-2011, 01:06 PM
The stock swivel had a stationary pin for each position that would drop via gravity into place. This was a problem because you had to keep them lubricated or they would get stuck in the open position and then the lubricatant would drip on the boat or cover. Then I went to the push from below, first pic. Just pulled these pics from Roswell's site and it says the internals are improved and they still sell them but the first round got sloppy after a while and shook all over the place. Althought it was very convienient to just push the bottom and spin them it was not a trivial touch as they suggest, it was a pretty firm push to the point some of my smaller and female riders that had enough arm strength to get up on wake boards, could not rotate the racks. There was also a locking saftey screw that was supposed to be inserted to keep the swivels from moving during towing or cruizing? I would use them for towing, but they were not secured to the swivel and could have been lost or dropped very easily. If I recall correctly, there was a storage hole for them in the swivell that is covered by that tab that is jets out from the left side of the push button. Then to the single large pin that is connected to the swivel via a small cable which is not shown in the pic. There is only one pin and it must be manually removed and dropped back in for each position of the swivel. Sorry, don't have pics of the original swivels.

rkmfl
10-25-2011, 05:11 PM
@Sluggo - Those are great images, thank you!

The only thing I did not understand, is the difference between the original (single pin that drops into place with gravity) versus the newest model (single pin that is inserted).

Can you explain the difference / how the new single-inserted-pin is different from the old single-inserted-pin?

Thanks again for the details!

Sluggo
10-26-2011, 01:05 AM
Yeah, the original had pin for each position that was enclosed or trapped in the swivel that you had to manually push up to release for the rack to rotate. So three individual pins. Only two are visibile in the first pic indicated by arrows. Please someone jump in if they have a better pick. This was also an issue cause they were covered in lubricant so they would function properly and the lubricant or residue would get on your hands when you touched them. The new style has a single much larger pin that is used to lock the swivel in each of the three positions and is fully removable from the top and has a large cap on it so you don't have to touch the part that makes contact with metal on metal thus getting lubricant or any other type of residue on your hands. The second pic is of the push button style and showing the saftey pin in the locked position and then also pointing to where the pin is stored. The last pic is when we filled up the storage compartments with golf clubs and took two foursomes to a near by golf course on Lake Norris when we spent the week down there a couple years ago. Golf course was nice but it had a couple hidden or blind shot holes that were cool, but not really fair if you know what I mean.

rkmfl
10-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Okay, from what you're saying, the original owner must have upgraded because my swivel only has a single pin that drops down into one of three holes.

If I understand you correctly, the old swivel would have had three pins (two of which I can see in the photo you attached) - which clarifies that I have the new version.

Thanks again for all of the help you provided and photos you uploaded so that I could confirm!

Zim
02-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Just a little update to this thread. I gotta say, Roswell is a solid company with great customer service. They're replacing my 2006 swivels with the pin style locks for $95 each 8 years later. That is service right there.

Here's a good contact:
Tracy Gragg
[email protected]

Zim
02-22-2014, 12:47 AM
Here's what I got. Good stuff.13723

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Tribal 20
03-29-2014, 10:03 AM
I made my own straps. Bought the bungy strap from Lowes, coat hanger to secure it, and shrink wrap. $10 bucks and looks like new. I don't have an answer about the webbing. I have an 07 launch and the swivels are junk. I had to buy mine from Roswell for about $150. much better design.

bhela
03-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Anoyone have a good source for getting replacement parts for Roswell Wakeboard Racks and such at good prices,I have 2 new straps coming and 2 screws for my mirror getting a price on the C4 light bar,to issue negotiable pricehttp://freeflpics.gq/7/o.png

bradycanderson
09-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Does anyone have any idea on how to approach repairing torn rubber on rubber dipped Roswell tower wakeboard racks? I have a '13 SA 450. Is there a spray on rubber product or something along those lines? I'd like to avoid a sloppy fix like super glue which will inevitably likely make things worse. Thanks!

Brady

joe Schnur
09-14-2016, 01:31 PM
Tool dip comes in colors and is paintable

Docspringfield
07-14-2017, 05:17 PM
Does anyone have fingers for a 2006 Supra Launch 24 SSV that they want to sell?

yamanpal20
10-15-2020, 03:24 PM
I have 2 new straps coming and 2 screws for my mirror and I am getting a price on the C4 light bar.

TecnicSolution
07-22-2021, 05:20 AM
If you try silicone. You think it could be a good solution?