PDA

View Full Version : Supraboats.com forum decal?

kodybyron
04-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Do we have a forum decal yet?

If not...why not?

Let's get some ideas together and slap em on. who knows when we'd run into eachother out on the lake. Wait! if we had these decals we'd know! wow im feelin kinda smart for once!;)

cmtaylor777
04-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Good idea. I'm down.

Razzman
04-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Not trying to rain on your parade but somebody (whomever is going to lead this) has to approach Skiers Choice first for permissions to do so. As the domain address is owned by them and Supra Boats is copyrighted consequently you would be in violation without their permission. Just warning you all as I deal with this stuff all the time. :)

cmtaylor777
04-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Also a good idea! I'm NOT down for getting sued.

tg0824SSVGG
04-28-2010, 08:24 PM
I sent something to one of my "inside contacts" at SC to check this post out - let's see
what, if anything happens.

ncarrera
04-28-2010, 08:39 PM
That is a great idea! Why haven't we thought of this before kind of idea

I can't really grant permission, but I know who can :)

Hold tight...

Mani
04-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Also a good idea! I'm NOT down for getting sued.

LOL, nice.

I don't see why they'd have any problem with it, but I'm sure their lawyers can come up with something. ;)

tg0824SSVGG
04-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Guys,

I asked Natalie to comment on this:

Natalie has sent this request to Rick Tinker, the president? (boss man) of Skiers
Choice -- we will see what he says.

Todd

cmtaylor777
04-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Todd,

Thanks for checking into it.

Fman
04-29-2010, 12:51 AM
I would be in for one as well, great idea Kody... and SC should back this, its more advertisement for them. Infact, they would probably be the first wakeboard boat company to advertise a sticker with .com in it. Have never seen anything like this with MC, Malibu, Nautique, etc....

Matt Laird
04-29-2010, 06:51 AM
Not to steal anyones Ideas, I really like the printed flag that wake world has... I bought one this year... I would go for a small decal on my window & maybe one for each side of the trailer....

mapleleaf
04-29-2010, 06:53 AM
JUst as long as a couple can make it to Canada!!!

kodybyron
04-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Wow this really sparked some interest...COOL! well if all goes well..we need a trusty fella to take on the duty of taking payment, printing and shipping. 1, 2 ,3 Not it! ;-)

csuggs
04-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Good idea! You know, this forum has grown in a big way over the past 18 months. Used to be I'd get on here and in 15 minutes I could catch up with everyone. Now, it would be a full time job to try and do that! But there are so many good ideas on here and the comradery is great. I would put a tasteful decal on my boat to advertise - sure.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Yeah I was pretty sure this forum just needed a little love and hyper-posting to generate some interest. :p The older Supras have come out of the woodwork lately, helped by the recommended older boats sticky at wakeboarder.com. Seems like newer-used Supras are getting snapped up, and it is great to see some 2010's here too!

I would love a sticker or three! Is it going to be for the boats or the forum??

kodybyron
04-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Mark with www.Wakegraphics.com here in Austin TX is going to work on some ideas while we wait for the approval. He's wrapped my last boat and is fixing to wrap my new baby for me! Let me know if yall are interested..he does custome designs, even small wraps and decals you can install yourself. Anything you can imagine he can slap on your boat and the wrap is very durable 3M tape. Very affordable..i actually made money off my last boat purchase just cause the wrap!! think about it..people like different! plus it was awsome pulling up to stop lights and have people take pics, on the lake as well!

Diggs
04-29-2010, 01:23 PM
I bet if we asked nice enough SC would print them up and send them to us.......

I bet Rick is sitting in his chair now saying; "damn diggs... always wanting something for nothing!"

ha ha....

Okie Boarder
04-29-2010, 05:07 PM
I'd be in for some sort of sticker promoting Supra and/ or this forum. Keep us posted.

tg0824SSVGG
04-29-2010, 05:30 PM
The idea of having one has been sent to Rick, Diggs - we didn't ask him to
print them, we just asked for permission -- but he reads the site from time to time (HEY RICK!)

:)

87SunSportMikeyD
04-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Kody if he has a couple examples of stuff us older boat owners could buy, for say like about $200, many people would love to hear ideas. Thinking of something that is on the rear half of the boat, and to save money it would only cover area that is out of the water.

jaywidhalm
04-29-2010, 05:49 PM
I'd be in too...please keep us in the loop.

KG's Supra24
04-29-2010, 07:41 PM
"I fly" high with a little help from my friends at www.supra.com/bbs

yes I know it's corny. It was the song on when I was reading the thread and couldn't help myself.

I'd be in too and am excited to see what they come up with.

Are y'all thinking a window sticker? Thats what I was thinking. Nothing too big.

Gravity08
04-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Im in for probably 4 to 6.

scotthons
04-30-2010, 10:16 AM
I would go for at least a couple

cigars n scotch
04-30-2010, 03:39 PM
It's a good idea and kind of just like having the dealer sticker on your car (that's basically free advertising for them).

tg0824SSVGG
05-01-2010, 06:28 PM
A little birdie told me that skiers choiceis working on something for us here. More when I hear or when Rick posts something!!

techsledder
05-02-2010, 05:25 PM
A little birdie told me that skiers choiceis working on something for us here. More when I hear or when Rick posts something!!

Sweet! I'd be in for one!

wideopen
05-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Put me down for 4-5. I think that is a great idea!

KG's Supra24
05-03-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm confused why people are wanting more than 1 or 2. Am i missing something? Are yall saying this so you can buy them for other people? Your not going to put that many decals on your boat, right?

Is this an advertisement for Supra? I thought it was more becoming blood brothers, haha. A similiar marking for each of us that participate on the forum. I'm pretty sure the gigantic "SUPRA" down the side of the boat does the advertising.

Maybe i was just off target to begin with?

jasonba1
05-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I am good buddies that does all of supra shirts sticker etc everything in the gear section of the forum we could get him to do something

tg0824SSVGG
05-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Jason,

It is my understanding that Rick Tinker (the big boss) is already talking to your buddy.

How these would be distributed is anyone's guess, but I was told most likely they
would just "provide" them to members - but that's my guess, so don't hold me
to it.

Todd

mapleleaf
05-03-2010, 09:10 PM
KG, I think the idea of having a couple back-ups kick'in around, you know for a rainy day, is a good one. Label Ind. sent me a couple Supra window sticker's (thanks Jason!) when I ordered some merch. Still have one in my glove box, and kinda like knowing its there!
I'd be in for a couple a tree, four of these myself!!!
Thanks guys, great idea.....

kodybyron
05-04-2010, 08:19 AM
I'm confused why people are wanting more than 1 or 2. Am i missing something? Are yall saying this so you can buy them for other people? Your not going to put that many decals on your boat, right?

Is this an advertisement for Supra? I thought it was more becoming blood brothers, haha. A similiar marking for each of us that participate on the forum. I'm pretty sure the gigantic "SUPRA" down the side of the boat does the advertising.

Maybe i was just off target to begin with?

I agree! I started this thread for us..not really to advertise Supra all that much..but for us to know when we are at the same lake...I mean if the stickers get us a few more people on here then GREAT..that just means our knowledge and advice just grew...!

chautauquasun
05-04-2010, 11:38 PM
I agree it should promote the forum. Anyone coming to the forum has to go through the supra main site so they still getting traffic if not more than they are looking for.

The forum has been a tremendous resource to me and i love the commraderie. I am amazed how much the board has grown. Anything that brings more people here is great for us and has to help the supra brand.

I am in...i want one. I need to replace a commerative sticker that has appearantly been on the window since 1984. Can i get a see through one for the window?

kodybyron
05-05-2010, 08:12 AM
I agree it should promote the forum. Anyone coming to the forum has to go through the supra main site so they still getting traffic if not more than they are looking for.

The forum has been a tremendous resource to me and i love the commraderie. I am amazed how much the board has grown. Anything that brings more people here is great for us and has to help the supra brand.

I am in...i want one. I need to replace a commerative sticker that has appearantly been on the window since 1984. Can i get a see through one for the window?

Being it was my idea...i would love to give www.wakegraphics.com some business...once we get the ok to print the stickers..and of course before that having a poll on agree on a template to print. (Paitiently waiting) HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick56
05-07-2010, 12:33 PM
I am just getting into the forum, I picked up my 03' Launch SSV at the end of last summer. I would love a small forum decal either for the boat or the truck. I have had them from other hobbies in the past, it is a great idea.

ScottnAz
05-07-2010, 12:56 PM
My opinion:
I'm not putting a sticker on my boat or truck that says, "www.supraboats.com/bbs", not my cup of tea.
I just don't think it serves it's purpose of uniting the forum as they've done with a wakeworld sticker. I see it, like pointed out by someone earlier, that we're united by the Supra logo on the side of the boat. I would probably put a supraboats.com sticker on my truck and boat, and maybe that's something that's only offered to forum members. Although, 2 points...... It would be another advertising tool for Supra to get new people to look at their product, so it would be hard for me to have ill will feelings if they started putting them on new boats. (therefore defeating the intended purpose) My second point is it is hard to find the forum from the main page of the site, the community/bulletin board isn't very prominent. So, I'd purpose if we all put supraboats.com stickers on our boats and trucks, then in return Supra would add a larger/easier to find link to the message boards that would help us get new members.

If this does come to fruition via Mr. Tinker and/or other Supra execs, then I don't think we should fuss over who does the printing. That being said, I also find it hard to believe that if we wanted to have our own stickers printed promoting the site, that Supra and/or Skiers Choice would care, or proceed with legal action for copyright infringement. It's still advertising their product, after all. I, do, think it's great that Mr. Tinker has taken an interest in this though.

Maybe something like,
www.supraboats.com
community member

KG's Supra24
05-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I thought, from the start, this was something small for the group or participates/reads the forum. I apparently wasnt following along when it turned into a full blown promotional idea for the forum.

I thought if I saw another Supra I'd look on the windshield (for example) to see if it had a decal, if it did, oh cool, that must be someone from the forum. Maybe i'll go over there and say whats up.

Im with Scott on this one, if they want the forum to reach more people, they will put it in a easier place to find from the homepage.

If

Blackntan90
05-21-2010, 12:52 PM
I think its a great idea, but I would put it on my truck, so people would know I am a member when I am on dry land also! When I see a fellow skiers choice product on the water, we always say hi, and ask if they know about the forum!

kodybyron
06-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Sooooo....Did this idea die out? :confused:

tg0824SSVGG
06-24-2010, 08:22 AM
I guess so -- I have sent emails to them reminding them and got nothing back.

I would say at this point, if you wanna make something up - go for it - we gave Skiers Choice the chance to be a part of this.

chrisk
07-29-2010, 10:48 AM
I realize i'm real late on this whole discussion but I would definitely be down for this. I think having "supraboats.com" on the side of your boat is pretty tacky but if it said something simple like "Supra Boats Forum" that'd be pretty cool