PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - 1996 Supra La Brisa information

labrisa
06-22-2004, 12:54 AM
I have my sights set on purchase of a 1996 La Brisa model Supra. I can find no information re this model anywhere online. Can anybody tell me anything about it. Aside from being filthy, it is is great shape with 300 hours, runs strong and structure is solid. What might it be worth? Would be very interested in any manuals or brochures or online sites about it!

Thanks.

Salty87
06-25-2004, 10:18 AM
look it up at www.nadaguides.com

that site will give some of the basics and an estimate of value.

07-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by labrisa

I have my sights set on purchase of a 1996 La Brisa model Supra. I can find no information re this model anywhere online. Can anybody tell me anything about it. Aside from being filthy, it is is great shape with 300 hours, runs strong and structure is solid. What might it be worth? Would be very interested in any manuals or brochures or online sites about it!

Thanks.

07-28-2004, 02:16 PM
I got mine new in August '97, and have had only two significant problems with it. Do you know what engine the boat you're looking at has? Mine is the ProBoss 5.8 with throttle body injection. The other option that I know of is the PCM GT-40 engine which has sequential port fuel injection, and has about 25 more hp.

I've only had one serious annoyance with my boat: delaminating windshields. This happened very early on, and it's still not even close to being right. It took me 3 or 4 years, but finally got the windshields replaced. The replacements are some kind of acrylic; the starboard side fell out of the frame, and it took me two tries to get it to fit right. The port side also fell out, and it just doesn't fit the frame at all. It's just too small, and the dealer that I had to work with just frustrated me so much that I won't take the boat back. (Supra, are you listening?)

I've also got one minor problem that I'm dealing with now, the boat's just running way too rich. Since the fuel injection computer is completely sealed, I'm looking at an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to lean it out a bit.

Now, to the good stuff. It's a great family boat, big enough for my family of 4 with a couple of friends. I've just added a tower for my son's wakeboarding, and he gets decent wakes with 2-3 people sitting on the rear seat bench. I get to do my slalom skiing (open lake, I've been on a course 1 time, back around 1991), get a good pull out of the hole, even with that group of 6 I mentioned above. Gets a little crowded with 5 people in front of the pylon, but hey, I'm skiing then! ;)

So, like any other boat purchase, check things out as well as you can. Also, check out the boat's trailer. Mine in beginning to get into some serious rust, but my lake's water is pretty corrosive, and although I keep my boat as dry as possible, that's just not possible with the trailer. A new top-notch trailer (Roadmaster) will set me back about $4500.

Good luck with your search, and have a good one,
Mike

96 LaBrisa
07-28-2004, 02:21 PM
I got mine new in August '97, and have had only two significant problems with it. Do you know what engine the boat you're looking at has? Mine is the ProBoss 5.8 with throttle body injection. The other option that I know of is the PCM GT-40 engine which has sequential port fuel injection, and has about 25 more hp.

I've only had one serious annoyance with my boat: delaminating windshields. This happened very early on, and it's still not even close to being right. It took me 3 or 4 years, but finally got the windshields replaced. The replacements are some kind of acrylic; the starboard side fell out of the frame, and it took me two tries to get it to fit right. The port side also fell out, and it just doesn't fit the frame at all. It's just too small, and the dealer that I had to work with just frustrated me so much that I won't take the boat back. (Supra, are you listening?)

I've also got one minor problem that I'm dealing with now, the boat's just running way too rich. Since the fuel injection computer is completely sealed, I'm looking at an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to lean it out a bit.

Now, to the good stuff. It's a great family boat, big enough for my family of 4 with a couple of friends. I've just added a tower for my son's wakeboarding, and he gets decent wakes with 2-3 people sitting on the rear seat bench. I get to do my slalom skiing (open lake, I've been on a course 1 time, back around 1991), get a good pull out of the hole, even with that group of 6 I mentioned above. Gets a little crowded with 5 people in front of the pylon, but hey, I'm skiing then!

So, like any other boat purchase, check things out as well as you can. Also, check out the boat's trailer. Mine in beginning to get into some serious rust, but my lake's water is pretty corrosive, and although I keep my boat as dry as possible, that's just not possible with the trailer. A new top-notch trailer (Roadmaster) will set me back about $4500.

Good luck with your search, and have a good one,
Mike

SkiLew
01-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Need more info. about this model boat. Is there any difference between a 1994 model La Brisa and a 1996 model? Are these better for wakeboarding of skiing? Is this more of a family type ski boat?