PDA

View Full Version : drain plug location

ericmichaels
05-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Guys I was cleaning my 2002 ssv that I got last night and I found a part in the glove box that looks like a drain plug, I need to know where the bilge area drain plug is located and the easiest way to get to it.

Thanks,
Eric

tg0824SSVGG
05-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I think your boat has 2 plugs --

double check the manual: http://supraboats.com/library/downloads/SupraOwners_2002.pdf

There is one at the transom, that should be obvious - the other is under the engine, near the front (at least they show one there in the manual)

ericmichaels
05-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Definitely not the rear plug. I tried to look in the engine department to see if I could find it under the engine but couldnt see anything there. I took a hose and put some water in the bottom and nothing was leaking out of the bottom of the boat. I looked under the boat and couldn't see where one would even let water out at. I would imagine it would have to be in a place fairly easy to get to if its something you remove on a regular basis to drain water. I test drove the boat before I bought it and saw this plug in the glove box and when we got out of the lake I didnt any water in the engine compartment.

Thanks,
Eric

saltare inverts
05-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Is it for a cooler? My boat has a plug in the cooler to drain it.

ericmichaels
05-01-2010, 11:16 PM
That might be it, I am going to go check in just a minute. I was looking at the diagram of the v drive boats in the manual and it only shows the one rear drain plug, but in the drain plug section it says there are two, I wonder if the other one if for a different model.

ericmichaels
05-02-2010, 02:40 AM
It was the drain plug for the cooler. I am relieved to know its not one of the actual boat drain plugs but at the same time I am a little mad that I spent so much damn damn time looking for a drain plug under the engine today when that plug went to the ice chest. Thanks guys.

Eric

tg0824SSVGG
05-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Glad you found it --- yes, I also found the manual a little confusing. My v-drive also
only has one, (and not one for the ice chest) - but it's an 08