PDA

View Full Version : Need help on whole switch panel failure - 2k9 21V

venom93corba
05-02-2010, 03:21 AM
OK so I just had a speaker/light bar combo and a ws420 installed on my 2k9 21V. When I picked it up everything was fine. They wired the lights off the bottom right accessory switch. So 2 weeks later we're on the water and I try to turn the lights on and they don't turn on, and I'm like huh. Then I look at the switch and its not even lit up (little red light). Its the only switch not working.

So today I cycle the key to on and hit some switches and still everyone works except the new light bar one. So I pull out the switch panel to see if something became disconnected and everything checked out fine. But now when I check all the other switches they don't light either now. No stereo, no anything. Wtf just happened.

Where should I start. I picked up a test light today but apparently it only works on AC not DC. I wanted to check it out myself rather then drive it back to the dealer which is an hour away.

michael hunter
05-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Take it back they will know exactly whats wrong.

thesack
05-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Probably blew the fuse for the accessory switch that is controlling the light bar. For everything else if the things are working and just the light is not coming on when you push the switch, the common wire connection probably came unhooked and you just need to rehook it up.

venom93corba
05-03-2010, 12:21 AM
yeah I'm gonna look at it tomorrow. where is the fuse panel located ?

Fman
05-03-2010, 12:27 AM
yeah I'm gonna look at it tomorrow. where is the fuse panel located ?

Should be located up under the dash area, you need to get on your back and look upward and you should see it. I know the fuse panel for the ballast pumps are up in there, I would think there is another bank up there for other items.

venom93corba
05-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Well its fixed sorta. The original light bar accessory switch was one of the breakers under the dash. And the whole panel goin out was the 50 amp breaker by the battery. Why would these have tripped? Everything is run off of one battery. Could that be the problem?

docdrs
05-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I have the same boat, i have tripped the 50amp main when I had absolutely everything on one night. My light bar used to trip the under dash till i switched that breaker with another one ( prob just a softer breaker). My wake plate tripped this past weekend for no apparent reason (funny how things happen when you doing nothing!!!! so i always say quit doing nothing and do something) . I think I may just get a couple of spares.I suggest you read your manual and locate all your breakers and know where they are.......these boats are a little more complicated than the older dd's . BTW all my accesories run off one batt as well that way your starting battery is always good.

venom93corba
05-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks doc that's good to know.

jonyb
05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
That fusebox is only for ballast pumps and solenoids. Nothing else is fused, it's all through the circuit breaker.

docdrs
05-03-2010, 07:48 PM
On the 09 21v there is the circuit breaker cluster under the dash and then 2 circuit breakers in the passenger compartment 1 for ballast and 1 for the (accessories or main, everything else) my above post was confusing
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/docdrs/DSC04377.jpg