PDA

View Full Version : Bilge Pump Question

Okie Boarder
05-03-2010, 04:33 PM
I have this (http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=6031726) pump. It was only wired two wire from the PO and I found out during my rebuild that there are actually 3 wires...in fact the harness actually looks like it has 4 (Black, Brown, Brown/White, Yellow/Black). I wired up 3-wire (Black, Brown, Brown/White) when I put things back together this time so now my switches on my dash seem to work right now. One switch turns it on, the other puts it in automatic mode. One thing I'm trying to figure out that I noticed is it turns on and off with the hand knob even with all power turned off to the dash and bilge. Is it supposed to do that? Anyone know?

suprava10
05-03-2010, 10:47 PM
One of the wires (can't remember which one it is now, brown or brown and white) is hot all the time. This is the automatic part and that is why it cycles when you move the knob for the float. One switch you are using is for manual and the other I think is if you wanted to add another bilge pump. At least that is how mine is wired and is also stated in the owners manual for your model year. Your's sounds to be working just perfect!!:cool::cool:

wotan2525
05-04-2010, 12:51 AM
I bought one of those same pumps last week and will be installing it shortly... I'll let you know the wire/colors when I open the package if you like.

Memmer99
05-07-2010, 05:00 PM
My 89 does the same thing. I'll turn off all the power to the dash with the switch and the bildge will still run when ever it needs to. Guess it's a good thing.

techsledder
05-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Okie, that's how it's supposed to be. So as long as you have the battery hooked up, you'll have a means to empty your bilge if it were full and you're not there.