PDA

View Full Version : Battery Remount

saltare inverts
05-04-2010, 03:44 PM
I had a rats nest were my battery was. I cleaned up the cables and added a second battery. I also wanted the tops of the batterys a little protected so kids wouldnt mess with wires etc. so I built a shelf to protect them. The shelf still lets me have access to the batterys for jumping purposes. Then of course a led or two seemed to find its way in there. Its no jonyb stuff but worked well with no cost but another battery and some paint.

sybrmike
05-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Pretty scary when you start matching your battery tops and led's to your hull color :D

Nice clean-up under there (is the sticker for JonyB's enjoyment?)

ssmith
05-04-2010, 05:20 PM
(is the sticker for JonyB's enjoyment?)

I thought John liked OPTIMA Batts. LOL! :p

Nice job..looks great.

jonyb
05-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Haha, nice sticker! Install looks good man...

saltare inverts
05-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the compliments. Yes I love blue. So optimas made sense. Yes the sticker is to tease jonyb. He didn't even notice, go figure.

jonyb
05-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Haha, nice sticker! Install looks good man...

Thanks for the compliments. Yes I love blue. So optimas made sense. Yes the sticker is to tease jonyb. He didn't even notice, go figure.

^^^^ That.

I did notice :D

saltare inverts
05-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Jonyb just playing. Im sure stinger are superior but I had a blutop already and Ive heard mix matching different batteries can burn one or both out prematurely so I got a second optima. Dont hate me.:(

Okie Boarder
05-05-2010, 11:56 AM
That looks good. The sticker is pretty funny! Do you still have the dividing wall between the spotter seat storage and the storage that is behind it? If you want to really do something cool, you can cut that out and tuck the batteries back like micheal hunter did, or completely open it to the other storage like I did. Some thoughts to maybe add to the "List" for next winter. ;-)

saltare inverts
05-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Yea I thought about that. Thats a good idea. he only reason I havnt is I bought a 700 lb surf sack to put up front in that space with pumps. That will give me 700 front then i want to put two sacks in back. One under seat one in storage locker. I figure a total of 725lb there. I have had that weight before and the wake was insane. I just want to plumb it in permanent.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-05-2010, 05:39 PM
I can't help but plug my method of using the hidden storage compartment to hide an entire 400lb sac. Right near the hull for surfing. Then I put another 400 sac on the other side behind the drivers helm and sub box. This way I can board or surf either side, and nearly the entire bow is open for storage.

I was able to turn my batteries (pos towards bow, neg towards stearn, side-by-side) and it saved a lot of space.

Looks great and hella funny sticker i didn't even notice

Matt Laird
05-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Hahaha I need one of those stickers.... or calvin pissing on a golf cart...

Looks great!!!

I have been catching a rashion of Shi% for running optimas

saltare inverts
05-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Poor optima. They revolutionize batteries. Now all the copycats are hatin.

saltare inverts
05-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I have seen pictures of copper bars connecting multiple batteries together. Does anyone know where to get these?