PDA

View Full Version : older supra blower vents question for you rebuilders

dshaff24
05-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Well im trying to get things tied up to get ready to carpet and put the top cap back on it and Im guessing I forgot to take pictures of how they ran the rear four vents tubes and the blower

I have four vent holes out the back top of the hull, I believe 2 of them went into the bilge valley and 2 was just open but Im not sure!

The next question is my blower is on the left side rear, Im drawing a blank to why its there because I would of thought it vented the bilge when on?

Any info would be great, I been staring at my build pics but I don't have any that look at this topic

brack
05-04-2010, 09:53 PM
on mine , the blower hose is ran underneath the seat ( from the side )and then thru a hole in the floor to vent the bilge

brack
05-04-2010, 09:58 PM
forgot the pic ...

dshaff24
05-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Now that I see that picture I remember seeing something like that! Thanks

It must be behind the seat when mounted because I don't remember seeing in in the storage area!

sybrmike
05-04-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm pretty sure they did it differently in the mid 80's, but here's how they did it on an 89 Salt. I think Okie has a similar pic of his 89 Sun buried in his rebuild version of War and Peace. I think I've seen that floor routing at least up thru 87?

saltare inverts
05-04-2010, 11:44 PM
My 86 is routed through the seat like Bracks.

Okie Boarder
05-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Yeah, mine is definitely different than yours, being an 89. Looks like you got the info you need.

sybr...LOL @ War & Peace.

techsledder
05-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm pretty sure they did it differently in the mid 80's, but here's how they did it on an 89 Salt. I think Okie has a similar pic of his 89 Sun buried in his rebuild version of War and Peace. I think I've seen that floor routing at least up thru 87?

My 1990 SS is exactly like sybrmike's picture. Except for now it has the new/ smaller fans from skidim.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Mine goes behind the bench seat too. Someday I will reroute it. There are two holes hooked to blowers, and two that are open and function when you are moving at speed. One blower exhausts the bilge under the engine, and the other exhausts the gas tank area.

Both of my original blowers had worn bearing and they squealed sometimes. I bought new blowers from SkiDIM for $20 each and they are very quiet in comparison. They also push a LOT more air! Recommended.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Mine goes behind the bench seat too. Someday I will reroute it. There are two holes hooked to blowers, and two that are open and function when you are moving at speed. One blower exhausts the bilge under the engine, and the other exhausts the gas tank area.

Both of my original blowers had worn bearing and they squealed sometimes. I bought new blowers from SkiDIM for $20 each and they are very quiet in comparison. They also push a LOT more air! Recommended.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-05-2010, 12:08 PM

jet
05-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Does anybody use there blowers? I have never used them, I even pulled them out 4-5 years ago when I redid the floor. Jet

87SunSportMikeyD
05-06-2010, 11:12 AM
You might be asking for a lecture there, Jet hehe! Not from me, but someone prolly. For sure you want them. I dont use as much as they recommend, but after I fill up gas I run em for SURE. Also after I get done pulling someone, I run blowers a min before we start back up again. Have you seen the wakeworld threads of burning/exploding boat pics? Now kewl

Okie Boarder
05-06-2010, 04:27 PM
I always use my blowers. I pretty much use them any time it has been sitting or not getting an adequate flow of air naturally through the vents. It just seems like a smart idea to me.

dshaff24
05-06-2010, 11:30 PM
to be honest
i always forget to turn them on!!

Okie Boarder
05-07-2010, 03:21 PM
That's funny...we're total opposites. If anything, we probably run them too much.

ngavchris
05-08-2010, 07:03 AM
I always run mine. Kids actuallly turn them on when they are trying to get my attention that they dont want to just sit and swim. Seems like a logical choice based on what the potential consequences might be......