PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speakers Install Thread?

Chachi
05-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Hey guys I was wondering if there is a tower speaker install thread on here. if not, is there anyone that has done it before that could walk me through it. I have a 93' Sunsport.

Thanks, Guys!

dickboxers
05-06-2010, 04:47 PM
It went real easy for me. I have the anchor light on the top of my tower, so i used the wire going to it to pull my string in the tubing. Then hooked all the wires up to my pull string, and pulled the wires through the tubing. Then stuffed them through the same hole from the anchor light wire into the boat. I did end up installing another battery and the Surepower 1314 isolator. It is a good idea.

Chachi
05-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Right on thanks for the info! I know I do have an anchor light also but don't know if it works or not. I will look into it though.

tg0824SSVGG
05-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Not sure what kind of tower you have, but over on InboardOnline (http://inboardonline.com/how-to/) in the "How To" section, there are all kinds of instructions for doing stuff - tower wiring, install, speakers, impeller changes, etc.

Chachi
05-07-2010, 02:48 PM
thanks tg I will look into that. I'm more of a visual person anyways..

jzelt
05-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Drill a hole, take a piece of string and tie a cotton ball to it. Put a shop vac up to the hole and suck the string thru, then attach wires to the string and pull them thru.

Find a rubber grommet to fit around the edges of the pipe so it doesn't chafe the wire covering.