PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Ballast & Prop

cashby
05-06-2010, 02:33 PM
I have a 2007 Supra Launch 22ssv. I want to upgrade the factory ballast and prop. Looking for suggestions on bag brand and sizes. We have started surfing more and are ready to step it up.

KG's Supra24
05-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Fly high 750 or 1100 for bags. I would consider getting a tsunami pump so you can use your old bags to put weight whereever you want/need.

As for the prop, all the information on props has me confused. Check out the Moomba general chat and there is TONS of info and comparisons on props.

Fman
05-06-2010, 11:28 PM
The new 2010 Supras are coming with:

OJ 532 FUSION PROPELLER 14.25 X 14.5 LH 1 1/8" .110 CUP 4-BLADE

Just ordered a spare from Nettle props, they are on a group buy discount for $400 right now, great price. I have the OJ 466 right now which is a 14.25x14, basically according to Eric at OJ props the same performance between both. The fusion is CNC milled and hand finished, they have had no problems with them. Great wakeboarding prop, according to Eric at OJ there is no clearance issues with the trailer.

Heres the link:

http://www.nettleprops.com/store/Search.aspx?searchTerms=fusion&submit=true

cashby
05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
I looked at the Gravity Games Ballast Bags. Seems like the way to go. Wish my dealer had talked me into them in the beginning. I had no idea the bags would be so expensive. Thanks for quick responses.

KG's Supra24
05-07-2010, 09:47 AM
http://www.perfski.com/Misc/Fat-Sacs-Ballast-Systems-Pumps/Fly-High-Pro-X-Series-Fat-Sac-750-lb..html

$150 per. That is larger than the gravity games setup but you are going to want that, if not more, for surfing. It's as easy as swapping out the sacs. No need to go through the dealer on this one.

ScottnAz
05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Yep, get the biggest bags you can find to throw back there. As KG suggested, keep the old bags and pickup a tsunami fill pump to fill those for extra surf weight.
There's a 750#'r for sale on wakeworld:
http://www.wakeworld.com/classifields/viewlisting.php?view=470

Tsunami pump:
http://www.evogear.com/imgp/320/12577.Image.1.jpg

Fman - I am really fighting the urge to pickup a new prop in the group buy, what a deal!

Dreamer99
05-07-2010, 02:30 PM
I have a Gravity Games 1180# center sac that I am trying to sell. I sent you a pm.

Fman
05-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Scott,

$400 is a steal for this prop, I was on the fence as well, but I figured being on the houseboat this year if we loose a prop we are done... hopefully it never has to come out of the case :D I can only imagine what they are charging for one at the Marina, and more than likely it would not be a wakeboard prop.

ScottnAz
05-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Scott,

$400 is a steal for this prop, I was on the fence as well, but I figured being on the houseboat this year if we loose a prop we are done... hopefully it never has to come out of the case :D I can only imagine what they are charging for one at the Marina, and more than likely it would not be a wakeboard prop.

I know it, Killer deal on that prop.
Trouble is I have an Acme 537 on the boat, a 537 spare in a bag with prop puller and tools, and yet another 537 getting repaired. I suppose I could probably sell 2 of the 537's to cover the cost of the new prop........

When's the houseboat trip? Shasta?

Fman
05-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I know it, Killer deal on that prop.
Trouble is I have an Acme 537 on the boat, a 537 spare in a bag with prop puller and tools, and yet another 537 getting repaired. I suppose I could probably sell 2 of the 537's to cover the cost of the new prop........

When's the houseboat trip? Shasta?

You are more than good, I had no extra spare at all last year... so I needed something. We are leaving for Shasta June 14-21st, out of Silverthorne... three familes, 65' boat triple decker (w/hot tub :)), Mastercraft X-15, Supra 22V, and a lot of time on the water! Can hardly wait....

cashby
05-11-2010, 09:32 AM
I took a new 22SSV for a test run Friday. It had the gravity game bags. Great surf wave. The new tower racks are great. The perfect pass is nice but needs improvement. An intuitive touch screen would be good. My dealer had trouble operating the stereo. Not a good sign.

It is pretty much the boat I already have. So it seems I should just upgrade what I already own.

Thanks for prop info.

Fman
05-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I took a new 22SSV for a test run Friday. It had the gravity game bags. Great surf wave. The new tower racks are great. The perfect pass is nice but needs improvement. An intuitive touch screen would be good. My dealer had trouble operating the stereo. Not a good sign.

It is pretty much the boat I already have. So it seems I should just upgrade what I already own.

Thanks for prop info.

How was the VISION? did it have the progressive tower? and whats wrong with the Perfect Pass? My '08s perfect pass has been perfect, never skips a beat. The VISION has been getting rave reviews from the boating industry.