PDA

View Full Version : New GG 04 Boats ????'s

GRAVITY04
06-26-2004, 10:46 AM
HAs anyone had problems with there new 04 GG stereo. I bought my boat and the cd player would not play cd's. It would skip and scratch real bad. There doing me right though.Sending me to a stereo shop at there cost...

mygreenmonster.com
06-26-2004, 08:19 PM
I have the same boat that you do and I have not had any issues with the stereo. However, I did enhance the bass. I took out the 10" Kenwood Sub from the false wall, purchased an audiobahn 10" tube enclosure, and purchased an 8" non-amplified bazooka bass tube (RS series). I connected the 10 and the 8 in parallel on the sub channel of the amp. Now the sound is KICKING EVERY OTHER BOAT'S SYSTEM AND DEFEATING MANY CAR AUDIO SETUPS. IT ROCKS!!!!

Good luck with your stereo,
Bryon

cowtipper179
08-17-2004, 06:26 AM
We've had problems with the CD player also -- it's real "picky" with what disk it will or won't play -- can only play about 1/4 of the CD's we have -- dealer is going to look at it -- the factory subwoofer only lasted one good bass tune -- it's gone -- won't allow them to replace it with the same thing -- it's garbage -- amp was wired wrong, once a stereo shop fixed that, it was OK. I'm sure it will get fixed to my satisfaction -- local dealer is good about making it right, but it's not a good set-up from the factory.

GRAVITY04
09-21-2004, 01:44 AM
I had the same problems and it was the eye in the playr. the dealer hooked me up. Other than that it unreal

mygreenmonster.com
10-28-2004, 08:42 PM
The only problem I have is that I can't get it to play mp3s off my cd. I have a portable RCA CD walkman that can play the mp3s off of the disc I made. But my boats Kenwood mp3 cd player won't play that CD.