PDA

View Full Version : transom leds - aka bulletlines - oceanled - etc etc

dshaff24
05-09-2010, 02:35 AM
I Definitly want to pick up a set of Transom led's but I just can't get over how much they actaully are! I been looking at 600x's from bullet lines for 340 shipped to my door, Does anyone here have any experience with them? My main reason is because Tygart Lake is pretty clear and there is some big fish in that lake!! That and sometimes we get wild and stay out on the lake till LATE hours swimming/drinking

tg0824SSVGG
05-09-2010, 08:41 AM
THe price is insane -- I want the ShadowCasters -- they are $600 each and I need at least 2 -- not going to happen any time soon.

Check this out: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/679956.html?1242187495

Grant over on WakeWorld BBS did a pretty thorough test of ALL of the transom
LED's around last year, this might help you decide if the ones
you're looking at will meet your needs. It's a VERY long thread, but somewhere in there
are tests comparing all of the various lights in pools, etc.

That thread is off the old wakeworld BBS site, so I don't know if everything is there, you may
have to search around - I seem to recall they had spreadsheets and all kinds of data including
sample photos, etc. It may have been spread across multiple posts.

jonyb
05-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Lots of negative stuff lately about Bullet Lines. He's evidently selling knock-off speakers, so who's to say his lights aren't re-labeled junk?

I'd just look REAL closely before you spend the money. It all boils down to this: You get what you pay for.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-10-2010, 12:38 PM
His underwater LED's are chinese imports. They are still the cheapest by a great amount and appear to be up to specs. Robert Boswell on wakeworld did a lot of research on the Bullets and they got good reviews on the test. If money is no object, by all means get the best of everything.

wotan2525
05-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Lots of negative stuff lately about Bullet Lines. He's evidently selling knock-off speakers, so who's to say his lights aren't re-labeled junk?

I'd just look REAL closely before you spend the money. It all boils down to this: You get what you pay for.

I don't think it's any secret that bullet lines MO is to find a product that is selling and figure out a way to make it (or simply source it) cheaper in China. Is quality going to suffer? Most likely. Are the products I've bought from them still "good enough?" I like to think so. His customer service seems good and I don't hear many complaints about the products. I see he is now sourcing some HLCD tower speakers and I'm waiting for some reviews on them. I'm sure WetSounds are all made in China and probably have a pretty huge markup on them. If he can undercut them with "knock off speakers" (which I'd wager are made in the same factory) then capitalism wins!

dshaff24
05-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Well I got the 600 series so We shall see! Money is an object! The wife is ready to hit me with a hammer over this boat!! lol

DGREEN
05-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Hey dshaff, I'm with you on the wife comment! I think we could start a new thread just on wives with hammers! LOL

dshaff24
05-19-2010, 11:55 PM
check my build thread in pride and joy for pics of the 600 series and what they look like lite up