PDA

View Full Version : Air-Dock Boat Lift

BigCity444
05-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Have any of you heard or used a Air-Dock system? I'm a little leery because of the fins or the prop potentially cutting the bag but there a bunch of benefits such as portability and cost.

http://www.airdock.com/frame_1.htm

tg0824SSVGG
05-10-2010, 04:30 PM
I haven't, but have friends that have ... they like them.

I would post this question over on the wakeworld.com BBS if you haven't already,
there's nothing too different on the bottom of a Supra than most inboards, probably
more likely to find a good answer over there.

beast 496
05-13-2010, 08:23 AM
I have a customer with an air dock, the boat is a 28' Rinker. The system works good but slow. You can not use to lift an inboard, you are right the finns and prop will cut the back quickly. A Shore Station lift works great for inboards if you are close to shore. Al

87SunSportMikeyD
05-13-2010, 10:20 AM
there are other air-lift brands that work better imo. On my river there is one with submersible hard tanks that fill with air to lift. Powered by car battery on solar charger.

jaywidhalm
05-13-2010, 02:05 PM
I have a customer with an air dock, the boat is a 28' Rinker. The system works good but slow. You can not use to lift an inboard, you are right the finns and prop will cut the back quickly. A Shore Station lift works great for inboards if you are close to shore. Al

The video he attached at the beginning of the post shows inboards and v-drives using it. States it has a much thicker matting on it to protect it from the fins. Have to stop a little earlier and pull it on by hand to avoid the prop issues. Sounds like a little bit of a pain, but feasible I think.