PDA

View Full Version : Service soon

sidetracked3
05-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Ok, I was out this weekend and the boat is running perfect. I stopped and turned off the engine to get the tube out and the kids in. When I tried to start the engine it was turning over but would not fire. I then gave it some gas and it fired up. But then my service soon sign came on the display. The boat still ran fine all the way back. Anyone know what might have triggered this? Is there a way to get this to go off of the display like a reset button or something? Or is there a code reader I can buy somewhere?

sidetracked3
05-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Anyone?? someone has to know something.

Fman
05-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Can only be reset with a reader (prob an OBD-II). I am no mechanic and would recommend taking it into the dealer to see what the code is prompting them with. The code will have the problem identified. One other option, try shutting everything down in the boat including your master breaker switch and see if the code re-appears, sometimes this will reset it. Also, sometimes shutting off your boat multiple times in a short period will trigger a service engine prompt.

Did the boat run good after this?

sidetracked3
05-12-2010, 02:03 PM
well that was the only time iI shut the engine off while we were out. We had been running for about 1 hour then turned it off to get the tube in and tried to start it and it would not fire at first. I thin gave it some gas and it started with the service light on. The boat still ran perfect all the way back.

docdrs
05-12-2010, 08:52 PM
marine engines use MEFI....about 5-600 for a good reader,scanner,code remover.....there is a 100 one but i think it just reads basic codes.....sorry to give ya bad news.....make sure the shop has a mefi reader (marine electronic fuel injection)