PDA

View Full Version : top modifications

drc007
05-10-2010, 03:10 PM
so im so excited about looking for a boat ive already thought about putting stuff in it. since it is gonna be a used boat probably a 89-93 saltare or sunsport. what in ya'll opinion is a must have on these boats. for example i would like to have a tower, ballast and FAE. any engine modifications ? list in priority please. :D

saltare inverts
05-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Eletronic ignition, optima batteries, higher amp alternator and lots of chicks(for ballast).

Mani
05-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Saltare, I'm not sure which chicks you're throwing in the boat, but if they make good ballast you need new chicks. :D

dusty2221
05-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Lots of the "100 pound version!" You know, easily movable.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Well I would say the 2nd battery is not needed until you get a stereo. New alt is good but with no major power draw you should be okay. I mean I would upgrade both things eventually but not at first.

For me the tower came first and then FAE and ballast right after that. Then the new Prop so the boat could pull the ballast. Then the 2nd year I did the upgraded power systems and stereo.

LED's are cheap and fun to do anytime. I put a navigation light on top the tower when I installed the stereo and ran the tower speaker wires.