PDA

View Full Version : Taking on Water?

01SupraLaunch
05-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi guys and gals. 1st post here. I have an 01 Launch (obviously :)), that I just got 3 weeks ago. It is pretty damn nice with lots of upgrades. Anyway, I had it in the water and noticed it took in about 7 minutes of water. Not sure how many gallons that was, but it pumped for at least that in one night! It has just been serviced and water tested. You think I have a leaky packing around the drive shaft?

Any advice would be cool.

I will post some pics of the boat next week. I will not be back at my place till Friday (weekend gettaway!)

thanks!!

Mani
05-11-2010, 10:26 AM
If you had it professional serviced and water tested, take it back. They obviously didn't check hard enough.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the forum, lets see some pics! You likely are leaking around the shaft seal. This can be either an hose-clamp that should be tightened until there is no leak, or else it's a wax-rope-packing and it is suppossed to drip one drop every few seconds. There should be a brass nut to tighten. It must drip.

01SupraLaunch
05-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys. I did more research and my guy swears it must be a loose hose clamp somewhere. I am going down tomorrow to use and test the boat. I will take some pics. It is a clean 01, decals removed, tower, speakers, lights, racks, upgraded platform, with 100% perfect interior. I just got two seats back yesterday that I had redone due to two cuts. They are perfect now! I will get pics up Monday.