PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speakers for 07 22ssv

cashby
05-11-2010, 04:47 PM
My 22SSV came with the basic Kenwood setup without tower speakers. Now I find it is time to upgrade. I not not unhappy with the setup but want to add tower speakers and maybe a sub. Looking at Wet Sounds Pro 80's I have no idea on Amp or Sub.

Anyone who has done this project may be able to guide me. I don't want to get tech crazy but good sound is the goal. I hope not to have to change the tuner and remotes. Thanks for any help.

Gravity08
05-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Well I have 6 80s now and am still in the process of getting them all to play (only wires left to connect). Your best bet is to pm jonnyb. He can guide you through it.

jonyb
05-12-2010, 10:05 AM
My 22SSV came with the basic Kenwood setup without tower speakers. Now I find it is time to upgrade. I not not unhappy with the setup but want to add tower speakers and maybe a sub. Looking at Wet Sounds Pro 80's I have no idea on Amp or Sub.

Anyone who has done this project may be able to guide me. I don't want to get tech crazy but good sound is the goal. I hope not to have to change the tuner and remotes. Thanks for any help.

All depends on teh budget. You can keep the OEM head unit and remotes, I did that in my boat. I'd recommend the WS-420 for more control over the system and to boost the pre-amp voltage though. It makes a huge difference, ask anyone that owns one. Pro80's are a good choice for the tower. If they're not in your budget though, you can either cut out the existing cans and add the XS-650's, or use the new cans they have with the XS650's. They won't be nearly as loud, but will cost half as much also.

Where are you located anyway?

cashby
05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
I am on Geist which is in Fishers on the Northside of Indy. I do not have any tower speakers now. I will need speakers and cans. I can see your point on the WS-420. The PA could come in handy when the lake is busy.

thesack
05-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Take a look at the Exile XM7 tower speakers. They are a great sounding speaker in the boat and back at 80 feet. Exile probably has the best clamp/disconnect out there right now. The clamp allows you to hide the wire inside of the tower so that no wire is exposed giving you a very clean looking install. To take the speaker off the tower all you have to do is loosen 1 allen head bold and you are done. Plus with how they are designed you can rotate the speaker 360 degrees so that you can listen to your music easily no matter where you are at.